3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Don't care

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does Duke deserve the hype for next year ?

Cal's Cats XPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forums XPS's Avatar

Does Duke deserve the hype for next year ?

Early exit from the NCAA - losing there best two players in Hood and Parker? Duke does add the best PG and C in the class of 2014. I personally don't see Okafor or Jones making the kind of impact Parker made. I could be wrong - Okafor could be the missing piece ...

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Does Duke deserve the hype for next year ?

Yes. As it stands right now I think they'll be in the national championship game. They have Saulimon, who if he stays in gear with Coach K all year could turn in an All-American campaign. Justice Winslow is oft-forgotten in that recruiting class, but he's a poor man's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, who takes pride in defense. He'll do the dirty stuff, allowing Okafor, Jones, and Saulimon to do the "pretty stuff." Tyus Jones is the perfect PG for them, as they have so many targets. Even Allen can shoot. I guess we could nit pick and worry about depth inside, but Amile Jefferson will get to play his natural 4 more this year, and you can see why Cal wanted him. Is this an all-time team on the level of say 1984 Georgetown... no? Is it an all-time team in regard to what everybody else has next year? You betcha. Not to mention they have one of the greatest coaches of any sport. UK has shown countless times you can lose your top two players and still get better. FWIW, Duke has lost Austin Rivers, Kyrie Irving, and Jabari Parker to one and done in the last three years... they're the real one and done.

Who's roster is better than theirs? Maybe Kentucky? Maybe Arizona? Maybe Wisconsin? Kansas? Hype is not only based on your own team but everybody else and nobody is overwhelming Duke next year. The ACC with UNC and UVa will test them too. They'll be battle-tested and ready for the NCAAT. Duke won a title in 2010 with a far lesser roster than this one... and that year Kansas and Kentucky were both loaded with the likes of the Morris Twins and Wall/Cousins.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

Quinn Cook will also be back. Jefferson is back and will actually get to play his position with Okafor coming in. Ojeleye will get more PT after his freshman season and Matt Jones got better as the season went along. UK will prob have more quality depth, but I would leave that to the UK fans who can talk more about the depth of the roster than I can

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

I think so considering the players they have coming in.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Cal's Cats XPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forums XPS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    Yes. As it stands right now I think they'll be in the national championship game. They have Saulimon, who if he stays in gear with Coach K all year could turn in an All-American campaign. Justice Winslow is oft-forgotten in that recruiting class, but he's a poor man's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, who takes pride in defense. He'll do the dirty stuff, allowing Okafor, Jones, and Saulimon to do the "pretty stuff." Tyus Jones is the perfect PG for them, as they have so many targets. Even Allen can shoot. I guess we could nit pick and worry about depth inside, but Amile Jefferson will get to play his natural 4 more this year, and you can see why Cal wanted him. Is this an all-time team on the level of say 1984 Georgetown... no? Is it an all-time team in regard to what everybody else has next year? You betcha. Not to mention they have one of the greatest coaches of any sport. UK has shown countless times you can lose your top two players and still get better. FWIW, Duke has lost Austin Rivers, Kyrie Irving, and Jabari Parker to one and done in the last three years... they're the real one and done.

Who's roster is better than theirs? Maybe Kentucky? Maybe Arizona? Maybe Wisconsin? Kansas? Hype is not only based on your own team but everybody else and nobody is overwhelming Duke next year. The ACC with UNC and UVa will test them too. They'll be battle-tested and ready for the NCAAT. Duke won a title in 2010 with a far lesser roster than this one... and that year Kansas and Kentucky were both loaded with the likes of the Morris Twins and Wall/Cousins.
    Good stuff KT.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaguy31015 View Post
    I think so considering the players they have coming in.
    Yep in this day and age the best players tend to be freshmen, and Duke has the best freshmen at least on paper. I still think over time UK's class will turn out to be better, but in a one year predicament I give Duke the edge.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

I think the Devils deserve the hype. As pointed out they have players returning, great talented players coming in, and the deciding factor IMO - Coach K. Much like Calipari and other great coaches in the game, these guys find a way to reload every year and achieve success. Duke will be tested in the ACC, but when aren't they tested? Many years they rise up and are the elite team in that conference. I don't think it will take much time for the incoming players to learn. By conference play they should be ready, know their capabilities, and have the confidence necessary to play championship caliber basketball. I would not bet against Duke in 2014-2015.

+ Reply to Thread