+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any hot pickled egg recipes to share?

Gunnery Sergeant Subrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forums Subrookie's Avatar

Any hot pickled egg recipes to share?

Thinking of making some super hot pickled eggs this week. Anyone got a favorite recipe? Went and bought a 5 Liter canning jar to get ready.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Re: Any hot pickled egg recipes to share?

Unfortunately I don't have a recipe. How'd they turn out for you, Subrookie?

Gunnery Sergeant Subrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forums Subrookie's Avatar

Going to make them this evening. Found a recipe that calls for a qt. of distilled white vinegar, 3 dozen eggs, 16 oz jar of jalapenos, 16 oz jar habenaros, some spices, garlic and onion. I couldn't find any jars of habenaros here, so I bought 2 jalapeno jars and 8 habaneros from the produce aisle. I'll let you know how they turn out. They say to soak them for a couple weeks or longer.

I made them this afternoon. I used a 5L jar, which would probably have held 54 eggs easy. It will be a while before I eat any of them but my whole house smelled like jalapeno. Peeling 36 hard boiled eggs was a bitch.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subrookie View Post
    I made them this afternoon. I used a 5L jar, which would probably have held 54 eggs easy. It will be a while before I eat any of them but my whole house smelled like jalapeno. Peeling 36 hard boiled eggs was a bitch.
    Cool. Sounds like a ton of work but worth the wait. Are you into cooking?

I like to cook when I have time. Lately its been a lot of stews, soups and things I can cook in a crock pot. The only time consuming thing with the picked eggs was peeling them. I'm sure there's a gizmo out there somewhere that helps I just haven't found it yet.

I like to cook when I have time. Lately its been a lot of stews, soups and things I can cook in a crock pot. The only time consuming thing with the picked eggs was peeling them. I'm sure there's a gizmo out there somewhere that helps I just haven't found it yet.
    I sure bet that took a lot of time. Never tried it myself.

I too mostly cook a lot of one-pot meals. Some casseroles as well. My favorites are chili, macaroni and cheese, and gumbo. I don't have a slow cooker/crock pot, but that is probably a good investment.

Did you have an opportunity to eat any of your hot pickled eggs, Subrookie?

They've been in the fridge since I first posted this. They didn't turn out nearly as hot as I thought they would. Part of it is probably they've been in there less than a month and haven't had a chance to absorb enough of the brine. I'll try some again in a couple weeks and check back.

They've been in the fridge since I first posted this. They didn't turn out nearly as hot as I thought they would. Part of it is probably they've been in there less than a month and haven't had a chance to absorb enough of the brine. I'll try some again in a couple weeks and check back.
    Sounds like a plan. Did you use large, white eggs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast