+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Wrestler from each Era

MFR Bubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forums Bubba's Avatar

Re: Favorite Wrestler from each Era

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    I think in that era, when the VHS rules and so many people around our age was into wrestling, those stores made a ton of money on kids like us who would save up all week just to get to go to the video store on Friday's and rent videos for the weekend.

I miss those days, the good ole days. But our childhood's are gone :(
    i remember getting cheap wrestling VHS at target, kmart and maybe walmarts. it would always be some series like "greatest of ______" or "wwfs most unsual matches".... i still have all of them. i even remember ordering from the WWF catalog wrestlemania 10 and a few others... "in your house PPV event" the good ol days........ sigh....
    ALL HAIL BRET BIELEMA AND GLORIOUS ARKANSAS!!!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    ~George Washington

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

I was a huge Steamboat fan when I was kid. His match vs Savage at Mania III for the IC belt will always be my favorite match of the 80's. Steamboat coming back from the crushed larynx. I remember believing in that stuff so much. I was so sad when Savage "injured" Steamboat. It seems comical now, but I remember being at a friends house watching Mania and running around his house like a crazy person when Steamboat won the title.

Entering the 90's, I really started following the tag division. Was super into the Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, the emergence of The Rockers, and of course old standbys like Demolition and The Legion of Doom.

I took a hiatus as I finished up high school and went to culinary school. Then Wrestlemania 13 turned it all around for me. The Austin/Hart match, and subsequent feud sucked me right back in. I remember working at the restaurant at night and then going home and watching the replay of WCW, and my brother would record RAW and I would watch that. So as the Attitude Era began, it was all about Stone Cold for me. With an honorable mention going to DX

I also got really into ECW around that time. Raven will go down as my favorite non-WWE wrestler of all time. The gimmick, the promos, so dark and deep. Loved his character and was really upset when he went to WCW because I knew it would be a letdown.

Early 2000's I was all about Y2J. But if you weren't marking out for the tag division, you didn't have a pulse. Edge/Christian, Dudleys, and Hardys? Come on now.

Since then, guys like Lesnar, the emergence of Edge as a singles competitor, Cena, and HBK/HHH reforming DX held my interest.

I was also really into CM Punk as he was doing his Straight Edge work. That sucked me back in as well as I was starting to get a little tired of it. Then he dropped his "pipe bomb" on Cena and I will forever be a Punk mark after that night. I know it was a worked shoot, but it was done so well. When he won the title on his last night of his contract, that was so awesome. Such a shame he left the company. I hope he comes back.

And currently, I'm really into the Wyatt Family. Really reminds me of Raven and the darker promos. I like seeing the crowd get behind Daniel Bryan, but he's not my favorite personality. And I'd love to see Dean Ambrose strike out on his own. He's the total package IMO. His mannerisms, facial expressions, work on the mic, and in ring skills are great. He just needs more exposure.

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

Going way back I was a fan of the 4 Horsemen in particular Flair and Arn Anderson and I'm talking about the 4 Horsemen with Ole, Arn, Tully and Flair and J.J. Dillon. Of course I was also a Road Warriors fan. I was more into what was the NWA then than I was WWE because in my neck of the woods it got more exposure. I also liked HBK after the Rockers split and I've always been a big HHH fan and I liked Austin too. I also loved the NWO when it first came out until it got too big. I was also a big fan of DX. As for now I like Orton and I was starting to like Punk until he split and the Shield is good too.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Storm, was that when Savage used the bell on Steamboat? Both of those guys at that time were such great wrestlers, and Ricky was an awesome good guy.
    You mention all those great tag teams but not the GOAT tag team, the Bushwhackers? LOL
    I never watched this stuff live, I was too young, but I watched almost every single Wrestlemana I-Austin-HBK with Tyson as the ref.
    I had copies of WM III, because the spectacle was awesome, all those fans, and Hogan slamming Andre was one of the greatest moments in WWF history. I also had the two part VHS Wrestlemania when they had the tournament for the belt, and X, the infamous ladder match between Ramon and HBK.
    I watched WCW for a bit too GG, hell almost everyone did during the Wars era when WCW was dominating the ratings with the NWO, Goldberg, DDP, etc.. but when the Attitude Era took off, the WWF got back their dominance and never gave it away.

Did anyone else buy those PWI Top 500 Wrestler lists and the Almanac's? I still have one copy laying around somewhere, with SCSA, Nash, and two other people on the cover.

Bubba, I was the same way, I had an ungodly amount of VHS tapes and WWF action figures (including the ring). But I have a large family in my area, so when I got older all my wrestling stuff got passed down. I dont regret it, it just introduced a whole different era into wrestling.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

No I was talking about watching WCW before it was WCW back when it was NWA I'm talking mid to late 80's. I watched both when the Monday Night Wars were going on and watched WCW right up until the very end when Shane came out and said he bought it. I remember watching wrestling on Saturday nights on TBS from 6:05 until 8:05 I believe it was when I was a small kid. I also remember WCW Main Event or the Power Hour or maybe that was two different shows on Sunday evenings at 6:05 until 7:05.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    Storm, was that when Savage used the bell on Steamboat? Both of those guys at that time were such great wrestlers, and Ricky was an awesome good guy.
    You mention all those great tag teams but not the GOAT tag team, the Bushwhackers? LOL
    I never watched this stuff live, I was too young, but I watched almost every single Wrestlemana I-Austin-HBK with Tyson as the ref.
    I had copies of WM III, because the spectacle was awesome, all those fans, and Hogan slamming Andre was one of the greatest moments in WWF history. I also had the two part VHS Wrestlemania when they had the tournament for the belt, and X, the infamous ladder match between Ramon and HBK.
    I watched WCW for a bit too GG, hell almost everyone did during the Wars era when WCW was dominating the ratings with the NWO, Goldberg, DDP, etc.. but when the Attitude Era took off, the WWF got back their dominance and never gave it away.

Did anyone else buy those PWI Top 500 Wrestler lists and the Almanac's? I still have one copy laying around somewhere, with SCSA, Nash, and two other people on the cover.

Bubba, I was the same way, I had an ungodly amount of VHS tapes and WWF action figures (including the ring). But I have a large family in my area, so when I got older all my wrestling stuff got passed down. I dont regret it, it just introduced a whole different era into wrestling.

Vince......"He may have swallowed his tongue, and that's an awful thing to say." LMAO

I was not a fan of the Bushwackers

I hated the Bushwackers lol.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Ah come on now guys, who can hate these faces??

"Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

I hated the dance, I hated the licking on other people. It was terrible.

MFR Bubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forums Bubba's Avatar

I still have all my wrestling action figures! in storage.

I remember having a replica wwf champion belt, Brett harts glasses, Shawn michaels gloves, razor Ramon's razor blade necklace.

Wrestling was my entire childhood. It was real.
    ALL HAIL BRET BIELEMA AND GLORIOUS ARKANSAS!!!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    ~George Washington

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast