+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Wrestler from each Era

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Favorite Wrestler from each Era

To be a wrestling fan, you almost had to have been a fan as a kid. Most of us are around the same age, some a little older and some a little younger.

So, who was your favorite wrestler(s) throughout your lifetime?

When I was a kid, I was a HUGE Hulkamaniac. I had the outfit, shirt and pants and headband, and four of the Hulkamanic VHS tapes. Interesting trivia, on one of the old tapes (Hulkamania VII maybe?), it featured a match between a VERY young and green Undertaker v. Hogan. Hogan won, of course, but Taker put up a fight.

When Warrior won the belt from Hogan, I was devastated and didnt follow as closely. I also rooted for Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Ricky Steamboat.

As I got a little older, everyone was enthralled with the Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels feud, the Montreal Screwjob, etc.. But my favorite was Cactus Jack. I was a chubby kid, he was a chubby guy who took a beating but never gave up.

Then SCSA came on the scene, and he was my favorite until I stopped watching.

I also liked Kane's first appearance and the original beef between him and the Taker, and no one can ever forget the Mankind/Taker matches, esp. the Hell in the Cell match when Foley went OFF the top of the cage and then THRU the cage. Just hardcore to the max.

Your fav's?
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Favorite Wrestler from each Era

The Rock... no other era deserves to be mentioned, although before The Rock really hit it big, I was a Lex Luger fan, and after The Rock's heyday, Chris Benoit (although that might not be popular to even say, it's who I liked). I also liked 1-2-3 Kid going really way back. But, for me, wrestling begins and ends with The Rock as far as I'm concerned.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

Rock 'n' Wrestling - Ted DiBiase, Macho Man and Jake Roberts. Can't pick one.
    New Generation - Shawn Michaels
    Attitude - Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Ruthless Aggression - Brock Lesnar
    "Universe" - CM Punk

I tried to keep to to guys actually spawned in that era or where they really began to make their mark. I could put HBK as my favorite for New Generation, Ruthless Aggression and the "Universe" eras.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

HBK was such an incredible wrestler, I wish he had gotten over to the extent that SCSA/Rock did. He was such a pro tho, doing the company thing and feuding with Austin. Wrestlemania that they fought with Tyson as the ref was the last PPV I ordered.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

MFR Bubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forums Bubba's Avatar

thats tough. i liked alot of the the wrestlers over the years.

i stopped watching the same time you did BM. the attitude era was it for me.

1. Hulk Hogan - he was my childhood. followed by Warrior, Macho Man, Jake the Snake
    2. Brett Hart/Shawn Michaels - As i grew older, these 2 were there on top. Hogan was still around, but not as much.
    3. Undertaker - i remember his creepy beginnings. there is a rumor in my town he actually worked at a roofing manufacturer in the next town over... not sure the truth to this.
    4. STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN - the baddest man alive. had me running around the jr high gym stunning nearly every kid i find. and then i quit when SC did.

i was a fan of both WWF and WCW.

1. DDP
    2. Sting
    3. Ric Flair
    4. VADER
    5. Benoit

the 4 horsemen, Brian Pillman, Arn Anderson, Buff Bagwell, Steiner Bros, NWO, Hollywood Hogan.

honorable mention to Sid Vicious -- Arkansas native.
    ALL HAIL BRET BIELEMA AND GLORIOUS ARKANSAS!!!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    ~George Washington

I remember when Psycho Sid took on Undertaker at Wrestlemania. When my dad worked about two hours away and stayed up there throughout the week, I would sometimes go stay with him. Up there, they had this ratty ass video store (I know you guys remember the old video stores, it was a staple of our childhood's) but it had an AWESOME collection of wrestling movies that my local video stores did not carry. I was amazed the first time I saw it, this backwoods video store had the best collection of 1985ish-1999 WWF videos. This was the mid-late 90's, he transferred back around 2000, but Ill never forget that store just because of the wrestling videos.

I also was a fan of another guy. He was not a big star (the highest he got was Intercontinental Champion, but that was back when the Intercontinental Championship meant something), and did not wrestle long because he had serious kidney (IIRC?) issues, but Ahmed Johnson was a BEAST. The Pearl River Plunge sent many of wrestlers in the late 90's to their fate LOL. He was not a very charismatic guy, but he had HUGE muscles and was a talented wrestler.

MFR Bubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forums Bubba's Avatar

That's crazy. I had a video store like that in my town. Great wrestling video collection.

I remember Ahmed Johnson!
    ALL HAIL BRET BIELEMA AND GLORIOUS ARKANSAS!!!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    ~George Washington

I think in that era, when the VHS rules and so many people around our age was into wrestling, those stores made a ton of money on kids like us who would save up all week just to get to go to the video store on Friday's and rent videos for the weekend.

I miss those days, the good ole days. But our childhood's are gone :(

The Leading Authority CentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forums CentralMSDawg's Avatar

My wrestling memories go back at least 35 years. I used to watch the Mid South then later Universal promotions on Saturday mornings. I have vague memories of watching it with my great-grandfather a time or two when we visited him. I'll list a singles guy and a tag team for each era.

Mid South/Universal: Junk Yard Dog and Rock n Roll Express
    80s/early 90s WWF: Ultimate Warrior and The Road Warriors
    Attitude Era: Mick Foley and The New Age Outlaws
    Current WWE: CM Punk and for lack of a legit tag team division The Shield

I have an autographed picture with the Rock and Roll Express, they came to a local gym when I was a kid and did autographs before the matches.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast