+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida fans, what's your take on Roper?

Gunnery Sergeant AURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forums AURex's Avatar

Florida fans, what's your take on Roper?

Kurt Roper named as new Offensive Coordinator at Florida. He held the same position at Duke. I don't know much of anything about him.

Needless to say, Muschamp's azz rides on this hire.

What is your take? Optimism? Uncertainty? Pessimism?

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Re: Florida fans, what's your take on Roper?

He has been with Cutcliffe since Ole Miss. I don't know if he can take credit for Eli, but he coached him.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Gunnery Sergeant BoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forums BoulevardDawg's Avatar

If he's a good QB coach, then there's a much better chance for the incoming freshman to play next year. I think his name is Greer. Is he enrolling early? that would really up his chances? that's assuming Roper can't transform Driskell. If he can do that, then he is a world-beater QB coach. and good QB coaches generally make good OC's.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

I still think Driscoll has the potential to be a good QB. His supporting cast was nothing to write home to momma about this season.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps scgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forums scgamecock312's Avatar

Grier is the kid coming in this coming year.

I know on other boards some UF fans aren't too happy. However, sometimes it can be better to hire a not so hot name. Should definitely be interesting to watch.

2nd Lieutenant swampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forums swampmonster's Avatar

Not sure about Roper, but the last coach we got from
    Duke worked out well.

Grier is coming in January.

Anyone would be an improvement over Pease, IMO.

No excuse for a school like UF to be in the 100s nationally
    on offense. So optimism is the plan.

If it doesn't work out Muschamp is gone.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps scgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forums scgamecock312's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swampmonster View Post
    Not sure about Roper, but the last coach we got from
    Duke worked out well.

Grier is coming in January.

Anyone would be an improvement over Pease, IMO.

No excuse for a school like UF to be in the 100s nationally
    on offense. So optimism is the plan.

If it doesn't work out Muschamp is gone.
    I just don't understand what went wrong with Pease. He was really really good at Boise.

2nd Lieutenant swampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forumsswampmonster has a great deal of respect on the forums swampmonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scgamecock312 View Post
    I just don't understand what went wrong with Pease. He was really really good at Boise.
    He was good, or Peterson was good?

I saw good out of him, but it just wasn't consistent.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swampmonster View Post
    He was good, or Peterson was good?

I saw good out of him, but it just wasn't consistent.
    IMO, Meyer left the cupboard bare. Who is the last really good WR you had? QB? The O line hasn't been any good since the Pounceys left.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Gunnery Sergeant BoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsBoulevardDawg has a great deal of respect on the forums BoulevardDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scgamecock312 View Post
    Grier is the kid coming in this coming year.

I know on other boards some UF fans aren't too happy. However, sometimes it can be better to hire a not so hot name. Should definitely be interesting to watch.
    can't be any worse than the first two "hot names" Muschamp hired. this time, there's been no "best OC in the country" declaration. maybe Muschamp learned his lesson.

but really, he must think a lot of Roper. his job is riding on it, I'd say. this is his 3rd chance to get the offense right. can't imagine Foley giving him a fourth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast