+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Final Draw is tomorrow 10 AM EST!

Captain rolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forums rolling baby's Avatar

Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Final Draw is tomorrow 10 AM EST!

Yup, I'm rolling with Brazil, Argy or Uruguay on this one.
    "I am a true labourer: I earn that I eat, get
    that I wear, owe no man hate, envy no man's
    happiness, glad of other men's good"
    - Corin in Shakespeare's As You Like It

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

so is the US in what is considered the "Group of Death?"

Gunnery Sergeant Urb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forums Urb Gruber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    so is the US in what is considered the "Group of Death?"
    Yes. Group B with Spain, Netherlands, Chile, and Australia is also considered a group of death. I believe that the US group is tougher because all 4 teams have a chance at making the last 16. In Group B, only Spain, Netherlands, and Chile have a legitimate chance at the last 16, in my opinion.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

How do you guys believe the Americans will fare in the "group of death?" Any chance we can win a match?

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    How do you guys believe the Americans will fare in the "group of death?" Any chance we can win a match?
    They could win, at the most, two matches, but I think the most realistic expectation would be a win, a draw and a loss, meaning 4 points total. Which may be enough to advance. But we always have trouble with Ghana, who is the weakest team we will face. Portugal is a highly rated team with the best player in the world and Germany is one of the three best teams in the tournament. It's going to be hard.

2005 SECF Pick'em Champion!

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2008 National Champions View Post
    They could win, at the most, two matches, but I think the most realistic expectation would be a win, a draw and a loss, meaning 4 points total. Which may be enough to advance. But we always have trouble with Ghana, who is the weakest team we will face. Portugal is a highly rated team with the best player in the world and Germany is one of the three best teams in the tournament. It's going to be hard.
    Nice analysis; agree about Ghana. IIRC, in the 2010 World Cup the US played Ghana in the match following pool play and lost, no? I think finally beating them is a must to advance. Portugal will probably kick our butts. I'd like to say we have a shot against Germany, but we'll see. I think the US defeated them this year? But several of their star players were hurt, I believe. I guess you never know... anything could happen.

Gunnery Sergeant dnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forums dnmuga93's Avatar

As time goes on, I like our chances to advance a lit bit better.

Ghana is aging a bit and several of their best players will be 30+ when the tournament begins. I also think Essien is not nearly the same player he was in 2010. Gyan seems to have lost something as well.

Portugal seems very much a one man team. Granted, their one player is the best player in the world, but Portugal also have a reputation for flopping when the eyes of the world are upon them.

I harbor no illusion about Die Mannschaft. If we need a result in the final group stage match, forget it.

Banned Steve1234 is on a distinguished road

i am supporting brazil this year in fifa , i hope they will win this worlcup..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123