+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Henrik re-signs

Staff Sergeant xAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: King Henrik re-signs

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    So I understand your comparison, who is example of a very good goalie? I imagine you consider Lundqvist to be elite, correct?
    Braden Holtby
    Semyon Varlamov
    Tukka Rask
    Ryan Miller ( prob on Lundqvist level)
    Just to name a few. I believe the difference between a very good goalie and elite goalie is really not that much. A good forward such as Malkin, Crosby, Ovi, Kane... etc and an okay FWD is a big difference. Just look at Ryan Miller. He is one of the best goalies and look how horrible that team is. A goalie is just as good as the team in front of him. In the playoffs Goalies do mean more because Goals are harder to come by. If I am building a team I would take an Elite FWD before an elite Goalie.

RIP: Philip Lutzenkirchen

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

But Buffalo doesnt have any sustained talent on their team, they traded their best player and are going with a youth movement. Well Washington did your strategy and I am curious as to how many playoff wins they have with Ovechkin. The so called great crosby and Malkin got thumped by Boston last year because their goalie couldnt stop any shots. Your list worries me since your 4 are not at the top of the numbers this season. Holtby is 31st in GAA. Rask is on a more elite level than good. he was inches from a Stanley Cup victory last year

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

In the playoffs goalies mean more. Remind me which part of the season decides the champion again? Oh and for giggles remind me of Ovi's post season numbers v Lundqvist.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan32 View Post
    Ovi? Seriously? Ovi is more important than Henrik? My friend the playoffs called and said that's not right LOL Henrik had to shutout Washington in back to back games last year to advance the Rangers because giving up a goal was effectively losing under Torts, for him.
    I'll add that Rangers/Capitals the past 2 postseasons each went to a Game 7. In any Game 7 of an NHL playoff series, your best player better be your goaltender. Winning goaltender each time? Henrik Lundqvist. What did Ovechkin do in each of those contests? Not enough for his team to win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12