+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King Henrik re-signs

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

King Henrik re-signs

Lundqvist will remain a Ranger!!

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Re: King Henrik re-signs

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan32 View Post
    Lundqvist will remain a Ranger!!
    What are your thoughts, GM?

I think it's a move to laud. Henrik is very valuable to the Rangers and he's worth the $. He is a solid, consistent goalie who plays well on an annual basis. Honestly I think he is the central piece of the team, the franchise player (maybe one could argue Callahan, but I disagree). No way the Rangers are successful recently without Lundqvist. The team would be completely different with Biron, or another back up in net.

I heard 7 years may be too long for a contract, as KH will be 38 at the end of the contract. Guys like Roy, Brodeur, have shown aged goalies can still play well around 40 years old. There's always a risk of injury but I can't see Lundqvist's play decline too much in the coming years, if not at all. As long as the team continues to put a focus on offense, they should be in good shape. I've always wondered how Lundqvist would play if he had say an offense like Pittsburgh's in front of him. A possible Cup winner? May be if the Rangers can score and score more.

From Lundqvist's view, he's in his prime or entering it right now, and why not get paid? He certainly cashed in. Bottom line IMO it is a good deal for both sides.

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

I love this deal. Like you said goalies play longer and truthfully he is likely a cup champion at level he has played at in the post season, by now, if Torts wasn't so inept at coaching offense. When they play well they can play with anyone in the east which gives them a shot. They've been up and down but with this stress off of him I think he goes back to vintage Hank. This was a must do deal. He is to the Rangers what Crosby is to the Pens.

Staff Sergeant xAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forums

I love this deal. Like you said goalies play longer and truthfully he is likely a cup champion at level he has played at in the post season, by now, if Torts wasn't so inept at coaching offense. When they play well they can play with anyone in the east which gives them a shot. They've been up and down but with this stress off of him I think he goes back to vintage Hank. This was a must do deal. He is to the Rangers what Crosby is to the Pens.
    I wouldn't go that far.

RIP: Philip Lutzenkirchen

Quote Originally Posted by xAuBuRn View Post
    I wouldn't go that far.
    Why not? I did not say he is Crosby. I said in terms of his importance to his team he means that much. What's incorrect there?

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Why not? I did not say he is Crosby. I said in terms of his importance to his team he means that much. What's incorrect there?
    You are correct and I agree. Lundqvist has been NY's MVP in recent seasons.

Staff Sergeant xAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forumsxAuBuRn has a great deal of respect on the forums

Lundqvist is one of if not the best Goalie in the NHL. He has been a key reason why the Rangers have been so good. I just don't think a Goalie can be that important when the difference between an Elite goalie and very good is not very much. Ovechkin and Crosby mean much more to Washington and Pitt then Lundqvist to the NYR in my opinion.

RIP: Philip Lutzenkirchen

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

That cause neither of those teams has very good goalies at all. Lundqvist has been beastly every year in NYC. If it wasnt for him and Callahan then there wouldnt be much leadership on that team. There is also not much risk in this extension either. This sint a Rick DiPietro contract or anything like that. While ovechkin is an important player he isnt the most important on Washington, he has never been. They have been good when there are multiple assets on there teams

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by xAuBuRn View Post
    Lundqvist is one of if not the best Goalie in the NHL. He has been a key reason why the Rangers have been so good. I just don't think a Goalie can be that important when the difference between an Elite goalie and very good is not very much. Ovechkin and Crosby mean much more to Washington and Pitt then Lundqvist to the NYR in my opinion.
    So I understand your comparison, who is example of a very good goalie? I imagine you consider Lundqvist to be elite, correct?

Ovi? Seriously? Ovi is more important than Henrik? My friend the playoffs called and said that's not right LOL Henrik had to shutout Washington in back to back games last year to advance the Rangers because giving up a goal was effectively losing under Torts, for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast