+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 NHL Regular Season Thread

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

Re: 2013-2014 NHL Regular Season Thread

Both were a lot of fun. I was worried the Rangers were at a disadvantage risking two games in middle of the playoff chase but they responded to adverse conditions remarkably well. Lundqvist is back to himself and the team is rounding into AV's system well. If they pick up after the Olympics like this they have a chance to make noise in the post season. Henrik finally gets some goal support.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan32 View Post
    Both were a lot of fun. I was worried the Rangers were at a disadvantage risking two games in middle of the playoff chase but they responded to adverse conditions remarkably well. Lundqvist is back to himself and the team is rounding into AV's system well. If they pick up after the Olympics like this they have a chance to make noise in the post season. Henrik finally gets some goal support.
    Yep. The Rangers could be a dangerous team if the goal scoring continues. Especially if they make the playoffs. They'd be a tough draw. I wouldn't want them in the first round.

I thought it was hilarious Brodeur complained about the ice at Yankee Stadium. It may have been bad, but just shut up and play, lol. Makes him look bad that he's (I hate to say it!) one of the best of all-time complaining about the playing surface. Guys with that ability should not make that excuse. I don't believe Lundqvist complained.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Looking forward to our match up tomorrow night. Penguins crushed the Sabres, 5-1, last night. Rangers are playing well, too.

Are you expressing excitement for ice hockey in the Olympics, GM? I'll be pulling for USA. Don't think I will try and watch live coverage of the games if they are on at bizarre hours, though. Just not that excited...

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    Looking forward to our match up tomorrow night. Penguins crushed the Sabres, 5-1, last night. Rangers are playing well, too.

Are you expressing excitement for ice hockey in the Olympics, GM? I'll be pulling for USA. Don't think I will try and watch live coverage of the games if they are on at bizarre hours, though. Just not that excited...
    I hate the Olympics right now. The Rangers get going and now there is a break? Blows. I'll root for the US to win v Henrik 1-0 for the gold, goal scored by Steppan LOL But I wish the Olympics are poorly timed for the Rangers. I think right now the Rangers are behind Pitt and Boston in the East but with Henrik at top form could prove to be a challenge in a playoff series.

Tonight is regular season game 6000 for the Rangers.

I hate the Olympics right now. The Rangers get going and now there is a break? Blows. I'll root for the US to win v Henrik 1-0 for the gold, goal scored by Steppan LOL But I wish the Olympics are poorly timed for the Rangers. I think right now the Rangers are behind Pitt and Boston in the East but with Henrik at top form could prove to be a challenge in a playoff series.
    The break is definitely unfortunate. Plus, teams that are sending their top players may feel it afterwards. With the players participating in the tournament, it could possibly wear them down by the time the playoffs roll around. This is one reason why I do not support using NHL players in the Olympics. Baseball doesn't do it anymore and I believe hockey should follow suit.

I agree. It's not a good situation at all.

I agree. It's not a good situation at all.
    IMO nothing worse than at injury to players right now that could put a damper on a playoff run. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone during these games, but we'll see. If injuries to big names occur, I'd like to see the reactions from teams, coaches, and the league. That may draw some ire.

Strange week for the Rangers that kind of epitomizes the season so far. Beating Colorado, losing to Edmonton and beating Pittsburgh. Could have really used all six potential points this week. But winning five of six is a solid push into the break.

Strange week for the Rangers that kind of epitomizes the season so far. Beating Colorado, losing to Edmonton and beating Pittsburgh. Could have really used all six potential points this week. But winning five of six is a solid push into the break.
    Congrats on the win last night. Rangers set the tone early by scoring less than 2 minutes into the game. They did a nice job exposing the Penguins' PK by going 2 of 4 on the PP. I was impressed at Lundqvist's performance in the shootout. I thought the Penguins would beat him and earn the win. Didn't happen. He rose up and shut down Jokinen and Crosby. Fleury looked pretty bad, IMO. The Rangers exposed him, I thought.

The PensBlog also pointed out the Rangers hate to see the break right now. I guess the good takeaway is the team is playing really well, they have positive momentum, and they know how to play like this with the current players in a team chemistry point-of-view.

I want to rep you for the win last night but says "must spread."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast