+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

Thread: 2013-2014 NHL Regular Season Thread

Staff Sergeant AlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forumsAlienBeans has a great deal of respect on the forums AlienBeans's Avatar

Re: 2013-2014 NHL Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    Interesting story. Hextall was the last decent goalie the Flyers had. Seems like the position's been their weakness ever since.

You guys definitely owned us this season. Congrats on the season series win. The Flyers seem to know how to win in Pittsburgh's new home. Pens will have to fight that one another day.
    Consistent goal tending has been a problem for years, but I think that issue has been solved with Steve Mason. He is solid in net and will almost certainly get better. There aren't a whole lot of games I could point to this past season and say our goaltending actually cost us the game. I'm a HUGE fan of Steve Mason and think our goaltending duties are in great hands. Our horrible start was attributed to NOT scoring. We had the slump a week or so ago and that was also directly attributed to NOT being able to score as well. Hopefully that won't be a problem in the playoffs. If we get solid goal tending like we have all season with Mason, and can score we could go deep in the playoffs. I guess that's true for every team though, right? LOL

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Re: 2013-2014 NHL Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AlienBeans View Post
    Consistent goal tending has been a problem for years, but I think that issue has been solved with Steve Mason. He is solid in net and will almost certainly get better. There aren't a whole lot of games I could point to this past season and say our goaltending actually cost us the game. I'm a HUGE fan of Steve Mason and think our goaltending duties are in great hands. Our horrible start was attributed to NOT scoring. We had the slump a week or so ago and that was also directly attributed to NOT being able to score as well. Hopefully that won't be a problem in the playoffs. If we get solid goal tending like we have all season with Mason, and can score we could go deep in the playoffs. I guess that's true for every team though, right? LOL
    Right. I've only seen Mason in the games against the Penguins. He played well in them. In the past so did Sergei Bobrovsky. He is no longer with the Flyers. So I think performance in the playoffs is the most telling factor. How far can Philadelphia ride him?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718