+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 NHL Regular Season Thread

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

2013-2014 NHL Regular Season Thread

Discuss here.

Penguins off to a 1-0 start following a 3-0 shutout of the New Jersey Devils on Thursday night. It was the first time in 19 years a goalie other than Martin Brodeur started in the Devils' opening game. Cory Schneider was in net as Brodeur sat as the backup.

Honestly, glad the Devils were blanked. I dislike them. They always seem to pull the same nonsense to the Penguins, so it was good to see it done to them.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Re: 2013-2014 NHL Regular Season Thread

Where are all the hockey fans on here? We're a couple weeks into the season already.

GMan32, doesn't look good for the Rangers thus far. Injuries to Callahan (3-4 weeks) and Nash (on IR) are big blows. I've also heard criticism about Vigneault. What do you think? On a side note, I find it pretty funny that John Tortorella now coaches the Canucks. It's like the two merely switched teams...

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

You know I never saw this thread. Sorry. I figured the Rangers would gel. I believed, as I had said, AV was the coach for this team. There is too much offensive skill but new schemes, key guys out and a 9 game road trip to start the season, it was rough. The King is playing like himself now, the defense is mostly soldified and now you see the offense starting to click. Hagelin and Cally coming back were huge. Richards is revitalized. And this is without Nash. Suddenly this team is looking like one of the tougher east teams. When Nash returns, watch out. Brassard, Zuccarello, etc do a nice job of setting up scorers.

Gunnery Sergeant Urb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forums Urb Gruber's Avatar

Tampa Bay Lightning lost Steven Stamkos after he broke his tibia on a goal post. That really crushes Tampa's chances this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Urb Gruber View Post
    Tampa Bay Lightning lost Steven Stamkos after he broke his tibia on a goal post. That really crushes Tampa's chances this year.
    Yeah that will hurt Tampa for as long as he's out. But I don't see Tampa doing anything remarkable like making a run to the ECF even with him. Their goaltending is POOR to begin with. Can't expect to roll anywhere in the playoffs without a solid netminder (or two).

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan32 View Post
    You know I never saw this thread. Sorry. I figured the Rangers would gel. I believed, as I had said, AV was the coach for this team. There is too much offensive skill but new schemes, key guys out and a 9 game road trip to start the season, it was rough. The King is playing like himself now, the defense is mostly soldified and now you see the offense starting to click. Hagelin and Cally coming back were huge. Richards is revitalized. And this is without Nash. Suddenly this team is looking like one of the tougher east teams. When Nash returns, watch out. Brassard, Zuccarello, etc do a nice job of setting up scorers.
    Nice blowout of Pittsburgh the other night. NY really exposed them by jumping on Pitt early and often with goals. Also holding the Penguins to less than 4 goals has seemed to be a strategy. They are winless I believe when scoring less than 4. Rangers look like they are playing better hockey since the rough start.

I've also noticed the Metro division has become tighter over the last week or so. There is only a 7-9 point gap between first and last place, compared to over double-digits since the beginning of the season.

Alex Ovechkin leads the league with 20 goals. He's on quite a tear through the first quarter of the season. I was looking at his career numbers, and I didn't realize Ovechkin has scored 391 career goals. He's almost half way to Gretzky's career record of 894. Ovi is only 28 years old, and I would think he'll get to the half way point possibly next season. Based on his pace I would say he may challenge Wayne's record. Ovi would still have to continue to score at a torrid pace to get there. Though I believe if there is one player in the NHL, he is the guy to chase it.

Thoughts?

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

Thought? He's the Rangers ***** in the playoffs LOL

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan32 View Post
    Thought? He's the Rangers ***** in the playoffs LOL
    The truth hurts! Somehow I knew that was coming about Ovi. Lundqvist must be trapped inside his mind. I'd like to see how the Rangers play the Caps this season because I believe Washington has upgraded its offense since the playoffs. Ovi is on a roll and the Caps' lower lines continue to produce and play well.

Henrik shut them out once already. In fact he has shut them out 3 straight games going back to games 6 and 7 last year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast