+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: The LA Lakers Thread

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

Re: 2013-14 Lakers Thread

When he gets consistent minutes he produces, plus he gets to play with Pau on the other block and with Kobe out there. I will take the 2011-12 Chris Kaman where he averaged 13 pts and 8 boards. If he can do something like that we will be in good shape

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    Looks like we get Chris Kaman. I remember him being an All-star once like around 2003 or so. I'm not sure it's the best we could have expected, but we'll still have a formiddable frontcourt. I think Pau will factor in more, and under D'Antoni you maybe don't need a dominant 5 anyway.
    Pau is going to have to step up. The loss of Howard will hurt on defense and rebounding. But IMO Pau is capable of playing well. Do you believe Kaman is a viable asset to Pau up front? As you pointed out, KT, he was once an All-Star, but years ago. IMO to succeed in the NBA, teams need at least 2 big men who can defend and rebound. Or else the opposition will dominate underneath. I hope the Lakers can fill the need with Kaman or another option, after MWP is set to be set on amnesty.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

Ice Cube went off on Howard in a concert the other night........It was pretty darn funny. best line was "we don't need no dwight coward."

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

Jordan Farmar is back with the lakers. I wish they get Sasha back too, but we shall see

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

lakers picked up option on Meeks

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    Pau is going to have to step up. The loss of Howard will hurt on defense and rebounding. But IMO Pau is capable of playing well. Do you believe Kaman is a viable asset to Pau up front? As you pointed out, KT, he was once an All-Star, but years ago. IMO to succeed in the NBA, teams need at least 2 big men who can defend and rebound. Or else the opposition will dominate underneath. I hope the Lakers can fill the need with Kaman or another option, after MWP is set to be set on amnesty.
    I think the NBA post game is shrinking. The past two years we've seen Duncan, KG, and Bosh all become 5s, which three to six years ago they were sure 4s. I think the size of Kaman and Pau alone would help. In keeping with the shift in the NBA, you wonder if Pau could play the 5, since other natural faceup 4s have transitioned there. I know Pau isn't much of a back to the basket guy, but it's not like Howard's offense was developed either.

I haven't seen Kaman enough to really answer your question, so I'll just sorta give what I think (I hope you don't take it as disrespect to what was a good question posed by you). I think Kaman is a solid enough rebounder to keep us afloat. There's not really a lot of great posts. Even Howard being the best 5 in some minds would have been 6th or 7th best in the previous two generations of bigs. That said Kaman isn't a guy you can just pound it in to, but I don't think D'Antoni plays like that, and you don't do that when Kobe is on your team anyway. I think he's worse than Bynum, but he's serviceable. He alone isn't going to put us past OKC IMO.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

I think the NBA post game is shrinking. The past two years we've seen Duncan, KG, and Bosh all become 5s, which three to six years ago they were sure 4s. I think the size of Kaman and Pau alone would help. In keeping with the shift in the NBA, you wonder if Pau could play the 5, since other natural faceup 4s have transitioned there. I know Pau isn't much of a back to the basket guy, but it's not like Howard's offense was developed either.

I haven't seen Kaman enough to really answer your question, so I'll just sorta give what I think (I hope you don't take it as disrespect to what was a good question posed by you). I think Kaman is a solid enough rebounder to keep us afloat. There's not really a lot of great posts. Even Howard being the best 5 in some minds would have been 6th or 7th best in the previous two generations of bigs. That said Kaman isn't a guy you can just pound it in to, but I don't think D'Antoni plays like that, and you don't do that when Kobe is on your team anyway. I think he's worse than Bynum, but he's serviceable. He alone isn't going to put us past OKC IMO.
    Good point about the post game. With D'Antoni at the helm he is more transition offense guy, aka run up and down the floor. I guess the true question is, is Kaman more on that style of play than on a half-court pound it inside game? If he can fit in with Pau I think that would be a great situation for the Lakers.

Nick Young better learn how to take better shots or he will be seeing little action. There was a reason a 1 yr deal is all he could get. He needs to learn "shot selection"

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    Good point about the post game. With D'Antoni at the helm he is more transition offense guy, aka run up and down the floor. I guess the true question is, is Kaman more on that style of play than on a half-court pound it inside game? If he can fit in with Pau I think that would be a great situation for the Lakers.
    True. Non-domininant centers are usually more effective in an up and down game imo . Good point as usual bud.

True. Non-domininant centers are usually more effective in an up and down game imo . Good point as usual bud.
    Thanks, KT. I really don't know what else the Lakers could do to try an get another big man. IMO they don't have much to trade.... Howard's departure should provide salary cap relief, but I am not sure of who is left as a free agent. Kaman, IMO, might be worth taking a risk on in D'Antoni's offense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast