+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting factoid

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Interesting factoid

The Senate passed a farm bill yesterday, which costs about $100B/year. Of the $100B, $20B is for crop subsidies, and $80B is for food stamps and the like.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Re: Interesting factoid

It also ends direct payments to farmers and shifts the subsidy to crop insurance. It also cuts food stamp program from prior levels by about $00 million/year.

Finally, it has no chance of passage in the House.

Resident Paleocon deterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forums deterp's Avatar

Tribune had the story on Sunday with great detail on this. Unfortunately this is one of the stories not online at the Trib.
    What made it interesting is that the Tribune named the Senators benefiting from this bill and just how much each Senator would be receiving. I'll see if I can still find the section of Sunday's paper with the article and at least post up names and numbers and states. Probably in the morning before we blow away up here.
    "The people should have as little to do as may be about the government. They lack information and are constantly liable to be misled."

U.S. Rep Roger Sherman

Master Gunnery Sergeant YR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forums YR_Tiger's Avatar

Holy cow food stamps were higher than $80 Bil....And folks rail on the farmers because of the cost of the farm bill...I have never seen a farmer use a food stamp in my lifetime and I grew up in the farms.
    What percent of the Fed revenue is $80Bil
    ( o Y o )-- F250

Politics is like pro-wrestling -- Rollin' Baby

Good, Fast, Cheap....Pick two -- my buddy...
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Resident Paleocon deterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forums deterp's Avatar

YR, food stamp cost is going to keep rising as more and more Americans lose jobs or have to face cut-backs in hours/stagnant pay since compensation is what the food stamp program is based on for a great part.
    Right now, this "direct payment" program provides funds to the owner of the farmland whether the owner lives/works on the farm or lives in NYC or Dallas or Seattle or.......
    Here's the list I promised Herchel. These are 2012 amounts.
    From the House:
    Stephen Fincher R-Tenn $70,574
    Marlin Stutzman R-Ind. $6,654
    Kristi Noem R-S. Dak $1,400
    Randy Neugebauer R-Texas $339

And from the Senate:
    Jon Tester D-Mont. $15,168
    Chuck Grassley R-Iowa $8,207

The ZIP code with the highest amount of funding is 72160, located in Mississippi, with a total of $8.8 million dollars paid out. That's for "direct funding".

The proposed bill (passed bill) will allow several subsets to continue with the funding for another couple years, particularly funding to cotton farmers but will phase out funding to those who simply own and not work the land.
    "The people should have as little to do as may be about the government. They lack information and are constantly liable to be misled."

U.S. Rep Roger Sherman

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YR_Tiger View Post
    Holy cow food stamps were higher than $80 Bil....And folks rail on the farmers because of the cost of the farm bill...I have never seen a farmer use a food stamp in my lifetime and I grew up in the farms.
    In 2011 the federal tax revenue was $2.3 trillion. So $80 billion is less than 0.5% of federal revenue.

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YR_Tiger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg in Dallas View Post
    In 2011 the federal tax revenue was $2.3 trillion. So $80 billion is less than 0.5% of federal revenue.

+ Reply to Thread