+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rick Perry refuses to reimburse state $3 million, state responds

Administrator Dawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawg in Dallas has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawg in Dallas's Avatar

Rick Perry refuses to reimburse state $3 million, state responds

I suggested SOJ might write his rep regarding his concern for protection for the first family. Maybe this will inspire him...

Home
    > News > Politics > Politics Headlines

Christy Hoppe: Rick Perry about a possible presidential run: ‘Indeed’

AA

Cooper Neill/Staff Photographer

Sources around the Capitol have said that Gov. Rick Perry has shown interest in killing a bill that would make public officials who travel out of state for personal or political reasons pay for their own security detail.

[COLOR=#333333 !important]Published: 08 April 2013 10:24 PM[/COLOR]

AUSTIN — Is there a distant drumbeat about Gov. Rick Perry making a second run for president? Indeed.
    To hear the muffled rhythm, tune your ear to the last few days.
    On Monday, Perry was at an economic forum in Florida. He posted a picture of himself on Twitter, arms wrapped around the prime minister of Namibia, Hage Geingob, and former Pakistani Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz. Indeed.
    Also Monday, Perry made another foreign relations overture when he issued a strongly worded statement on the passing of Margaret Thatcher.
    He said her death “marks the end of an era in which bold conservative values faced down tyranny and oppression.”
    On Sunday, he spoke at the official dedication of First Baptist Church in Dallas. Perry, who has stood as a bastion against gays in the Boy Scouts and military, said, “It is right … for the church to judge certain behaviors.” But he also emphasized that “we must love all” and not judge others.
    Could this be a nod to both social conservatives and recognition that many people have gay friends and relatives? Indeed.
    And sources around the Capitol have said that Perry has shown interest in killing a bill that was unanimously approved by a House committee. It would make public officials who travel out of state for purely personal or political reasons pay for their own security detail.
    Perry’s 2012 presidential run cost taxpayers more than $3 million. He declined calls to reimburse the state from his campaign coffers, saying he works as governor wherever he travels. Could such a bill make a second presidential run expensive? Indeed.
    Finally, consider Friday, when Perry was asked on CNN if he is open to the notion of running for president in 2016.
    His answer? “Indeed.”

Captain rolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forums rolling baby's Avatar

Re: Rick Perry refuses to reimburse state $3 million, state responds

Once a democrat always a democrat.
    "I am a true labourer: I earn that I eat, get
    that I wear, owe no man hate, envy no man's
    happiness, glad of other men's good"
    - Corin in Shakespeare's As You Like It

Master Gunnery Sergeant SavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forums SavageOrangeJug's Avatar

Unless they are traveling on official business of the state, I have no problem with them having to foot the bill.

I resent paying the tab for The Idiot to fly across country to party with Jay Z and Beyonce. Want to send the kids to ther Bahamas? Great! You pay the entire tab.

I'll even be lenient. You and your family get one taxpayer paid vacation a year, not three in a month.

Gunnery Sergeant Trav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forums Trav's Avatar

Damn libs are all take take take.
    SEC mother****in rah rah

(except Tennessee. **** them)

Vote for a 3rd party next time around.

Fascinating project that preserves the memories of combat veterans.

ATravLedLife.com

Master Gunnery Sergeant YR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forums YR_Tiger's Avatar

Not surprised by Perry at all...he's a tool
    ( o Y o )-- F250

Politics is like pro-wrestling -- Rollin' Baby

Good, Fast, Cheap....Pick two -- my buddy...
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Master Sergeant gatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forums

And sources around the Capitol have said that Perry has shown interest in killing a bill that was unanimously approved by a House committee. It would make public officials who travel out of state for purely personal or political reasons pay for their own security detail.

Indeed.

Master Gunnery Sergeant SavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forumsSavageOrangeJug has a great deal of respect on the forums SavageOrangeJug's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gatormaniac View Post

Indeed.
    How many of you Obama supporters would support the same rules for him?

Let's see a show of hands.

Master Gunnery Sergeant ugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forums

I would support such a rule for every politician, including Obama. I find it telling that Perry is considering casting a veto over a bill that was unanimously approved by a House committee because it would cost him personally. Talk about using a political office for personal gain...
    Go Dawgs!

Master Sergeant gatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forumsgatormaniac has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOrangeJug View Post
    How many of you Obama supporters would support the same rules for him?

Let's see a show of hands.
    Actually, if you read my posts carefully, my position on Obama is pretty neutral. Some of his positions/policies I support and some I don't. Same applies for most politicians regardless of party. I am probably one of the most independent posters on this board.

That said, Yes, I would support the same rules for State and Federal officials.

+ Reply to Thread