+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tubby Smith fired

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Tubby Smith fired

Maybe not, but it's the next thing. Steve Lavin had 5 of 7 Sweet 16s and was fired. Howland won 4 conference titles and had three final fours and was fired. They've been through so many coaches since Wooden, too. It's pretty intense.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Captain rolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forums rolling baby's Avatar

Howland was trending down, thought. That drug scandal sealed the deal, imo and he may have or may not have bent rules for these last couple of recruits. Howland is alike a younger version of Tubby to me, anyway. It's still a great job, but being Cali is the big negative with all that nonsense in Sacremento.
    "I am a true labourer: I earn that I eat, get
    that I wear, owe no man hate, envy no man's
    happiness, glad of other men's good"
    - Corin in Shakespeare's As You Like It

Gunnery Sergeant NCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    I don't even think Tubby would want the UCLA job. Donna always said when they left UK that she didn't want a "front page" job again. lol That UK fishbowl for ten years was enough. lol

Tubby is above the TTU job for sure, and IMO, above the Minnesota job. This will be a blessing in disguise IMO. IT was the toughest job Tubby ever had, and he's admitted it. He even said if he knew Minnesota's challenges at the time, he wouldn't have left UK for there. I think Tubby should wait to see how the carousel spins. Some good jobs will open as other guys leave to take UCLA and USC. Those will be better jobs than what's available now. Kinda like Bruce Weber waited till Frank Martin left a great job for South Carolina.
    Good post and I agree, I hope he waits for the right job to open and not rush into the TT job.

Gunnery Sergeant NCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forumsNCMISSSTFAN has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by rolling baby View Post
    UCLA isn't as intense as UK, though. Being in LA helps.
    UCLA is a tough place to coach at also, it may not be as intense as UK but its pretty close.. Some analyst still regard it as the best job in college basketball

Cal's Cats XPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forums XPS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCMISSSTFAN View Post
    UCLA is a tough place to coach at also, it may not be as intense as UK but its pretty close.. Some analyst still regard it as the best job in college basketball
    What separates UK and UCLA is the fan support.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Tubby to Texas Tech seems like it's done. Waiting for the official announcement.

Captain rolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forums rolling baby's Avatar

He'll win there.
    "I am a true labourer: I earn that I eat, get
    that I wear, owe no man hate, envy no man's
    happiness, glad of other men's good"
    - Corin in Shakespeare's As You Like It

He has won everywhere. A true and honest winner. Hocutt is his kind of AD also.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345