+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Bulldog memorial thread

Moderator USC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forums USC90's Avatar

Hey Bulldog memorial thread

It seems like a lame gesture, but I wanted to start a little memorial thread for Terry (HB). Please just make posts about your memories of our friend.

I started talking to HB offline 2009 when he needed help posting a picture of his dog just before he had to put it down. He wanted to post something to deal with the pain. It turns out that he inherited the pup from his sister after she died. Terry was no stranger to tragedy.

That was when I learned that Terry was a very sensitive guy. He was sincere and kind. I think he felt the world too much sometimes. Everything was amplified for him, so he tried hard to make the world a gentler place.

Over the years I would occasionally forget how Terry could take things to heart and a snarky comment from me would hit him wrong and he would let me know it. There was no drama. I'd verify that he was still my buddy and that I was just kidding and we would be fine just like before. That's how he was. Life was tough for Terry, he just needed to be reminded from time to time that he wasn't in it alone.

"He was sincere and kind. He tried hard to make the world a gentler place." You can't earn a better epitaph than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Most posters here are so far to the right that they make usc90 seem like a hippie.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Re: Hey Bulldog memorial thread

Starry, starry night
    Paint your palette blue and gray
    Look out on a summer's day
    With eyes that know the darkness in my soul...
    Shadows on the hills
    Sketch the trees and the daffodils
    Catch the breeze and the winter chills
    In colors on the snowy linen land.

Now I understand
    What you tried to say, to me
    And how you suffered for your sanity
    And how you tried to set them free:
    They would not listen; they did not know how --
    Perhaps they'll listen now.

Starry, starry night
    Flaming flowers that brightly blaze
    Swirling clouds in violet haze
    Reflect in Vincent's eyes of china blue
    Colors changing hue
    Morning fields of amber grain
    Weathered faces lined in pain
    Are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand.

Now I understand
    They would not listen; they did not know how--
    Perhaps they'll listen now.

For they could not love you
    But still, your love was true
    And when no hope was left inside
    On that starry, starry night
    You took your life as lovers often do--
    But I could've told you, Vincent:
    This world was never meant
    For one as beautiful as you.

Starry, Starry night
    Portraits hung in empty halls
    Frameless heads on nameless walls
    With eyes that watch the world and can't forget
    Like the strangers that you've met
    The ragged men in ragged clothes
    The silver thorn, a bloody rose
    Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow.

Now I think I know
    They would not listen; they're not listening still--
    Perhaps they never will.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

I feel a sadness that I cannot express adequately. Terry was very supportive of me last year when Baylie was near death. I just feel like crying.

I would rock my soul in the bosom of Abraham
    I would hold my life in his saving grace.
    I would walk all the way from Boulder to Birmingham
    If I thought I could see, I could see your face.

May God give you Peace Terry.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

Master Sergeant IllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forums IllinoisDawg63's Avatar

I'm just shocked by knowing this. Not knowing him personally, one would still read his posts and know he was a terrific person. Truly will be missed on SECF!.. Psalms 23

Master Gunnery Sergeant Bamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forums Bamadan's Avatar

Words cannot express what I am feeling today, Fanatics. So, I'll let one of my Idol favorites do it for me.

RIP, Terry

SOUL PATROL TIDE ROLL!!

Master Gunnery Sergeant Bamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forums Bamadan's Avatar

Also, can an admin or mod pin this thread, please. Thanks.

SOUL PATROL TIDE ROLL!!

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Nkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forums Nkemdiche4Heisman5's Avatar

We talked offline a good bit. He took a liking to my immaturity around here and we started talking. He told me about his sister and putting down his dog. Hadn't talked to him in the past year. He would always rep me and leave some advice and such. Hell of a man.
    FREEZE: 1
    MULLEN:
    MISSISSIPPI STATE...THE ONLY SEC SCHOOL WITH ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN ANY SPORT
    Quote Originally Posted by OffThePorch View Post
    AC on the other hand makes me laugh, sometimes cry. he's come on the board like Katrina.
    Quote Originally Posted by scgamecock312 View Post
    I'm not here to please anyone sir. I don't suck up to mods like you do.

Bow Chicka Wow Wow Bacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forums Bacon's Avatar

Hey Bulldog didn't like me and we didn't get along much.
    May he rest in peace.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

I am cool with him pulling a Tom Sawyer and coming back. Just wish that would happen.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast