• Two

5 18.52%
  • Three

15 55.56%
  • Four or more

4 14.81%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: How many SEC teams will make the NCAA Tournament?

The Leading Authority CentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forumsCentralMSDawg has a great deal of respect on the forums CentralMSDawg's Avatar

How many SEC teams will make the NCAA Tournament?

As of now I see Florida as the only lock for the tournament. Missouri can't win on the road, Ole Miss is showing signs of it's annual swoon, and UK has the injury to Noel. Alabama has a shot, but a lot of work left to do. My guess is the SEC still gets three teams in with them being Florida, Missouri, and Kentucky.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Nkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forums Nkemdiche4Heisman5's Avatar

Re: How many SEC teams will make the NCAA Tournament?

I think we make it. too much riding on us making the tourney for us to not show up.
    FREEZE: 1
    MULLEN:
    MISSISSIPPI STATE...THE ONLY SEC SCHOOL WITH ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN ANY SPORT
    Quote Originally Posted by OffThePorch View Post
    AC on the other hand makes me laugh, sometimes cry. he's come on the board like Katrina.
    Quote Originally Posted by scgamecock312 View Post
    I'm not here to please anyone sir. I don't suck up to mods like you do.

Staff Sergeant GoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forums GoDores's Avatar

I was thinking about this last night when at the time ole miss looked like it was going to lose to uga. There's only one lock obviously. Ole miss pulled it out last night. They should be in right now, but they can't afford any slip ups. Missouri is fading. Kentucky is in trouble. Bama has a chance I guess, but they too can't afford any bad loss.

I'm tempted to say SEC only gets two in, but I'll go safe and say Missouri pulls it together enough to sneak in. 3- Florida, Mississippi, Missouri. But I also think Missouri and ole miss are no better than 9 seeds.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

If Arkansas can get another road win, and not lose at home, and then win two games in the SEC touney, I think they may make the dance. Kentubby disagrees.

Staff Sergeant BasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forums BasketballofUF's Avatar

At this point, I'd say three - UF, Missouri, and Ole Miss. Missouri is in pretty good shape but isn't quite a lock yet, and Ole Miss should take advantage of a frontloaded schedule and finish out well enough to get an 8/9 seed. Kentucky still definitely has a chance, but they'll need to bounce back quickly. Alabama is suffering from a weak SEC schedule. If they can finish out 5-1 (which isn't too far-fetched) with a win over either Ole Miss or Florida then they'll have a good chance going into the SECT, but they'd still need to do some damage. Arkansas and Tennessee are both on the very fringe of the wrong side of the bubble. They both could sneak in if they were to finish out extremely well and win some games in the SECT, but more likely than not they're done.

I think four is still more likely than two, but only getting two in is a legitimate possibility if Ole Miss or Missouri drops some games to lesser competition and Alabama/Tennessee/Arkansas can't do enough to sneak in.

Staff Sergeant BasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forums BasketballofUF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    If Arkansas can get another road win, and not lose at home, and then win two games in the SEC touney, I think they may make the dance. Kentubby disagrees.
    That'd definitely put Arkansas on the bubble, but probably on the wrong side of it. I think they probably need to win 2 of the 3 road games, win out at home, and win a few in the SECT.

Staff Sergeant GoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forumsGoDores has a great deal of respect on the forums GoDores's Avatar

The thing you have to look at too, is SEC is only 8th in conference rpi surrounded by conferences like Missouri valley and A10 who only send a couple teams usually.

If these teams keep their status quo, SEC will be lucky to get 3. And that's bad.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BasketballofUF View Post
    That'd definitely put Arkansas on the bubble, but probably on the wrong side of it. I think they probably need to win 2 of the 3 road games, win out at home, and win a few in the SECT.
    The win over UF is looking better and better. If UF wins out in the SEC from here, that win will look even bigger.

Private rbbbwm2 is on a distinguished road

Right now, Florida is the only "sure shot". I pray Ole Miss does not make it. I have nothing but respect for all SEC basketball teams, except Ole Miss. They have a coach that is as poor as role model, that there is, no moral values at all. The "Thug Wanna-be" Williams, should be ejected from every ballgame. Great player, no brains or no common sense. I would like to take him to a few places, he would last about 2 minutes. I am glad to see Ole Miss succeed in football, they are a class bunch. The basketball team is a bunch of undisciplined thugs. Slive should do something about the Williams Clown. I hope Ole Miss loses the remainder of their games, this is what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by rbbbwm2 View Post
    Right now, Florida is the only "sure shot". I pray Ole Miss does not make it. I have nothing but respect for all SEC basketball teams, except Ole Miss. They have a coach that is as poor as role model, that there is, no moral values at all. The "Thug Wanna-be" Williams, should be ejected from every ballgame. Great player, no brains or no common sense. I would like to take him to a few places, he would last about 2 minutes. I am glad to see Ole Miss succeed in football, they are a class bunch. The basketball team is a bunch of undisciplined thugs. Slive should do something about the Williams Clown. I hope Ole Miss loses the remainder of their games, this is what they deserve.
    BBB, you wouldn't happen to be from Starkville, would you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast