+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Billy Donovan Reports.... (Thoughts on Noel and Billy Donovan)

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Billy Donovan Reports.... (Thoughts on Noel and Billy Donovan)

... that Nerlens Noel will be okay! That's great news. The game was really rendered inconsequential once he went down, but the fact that it's just a hyperextension is great news.

BTW, kudos to Billy Donovan for his care and concern on TV. It's hard to imagine this being the case since he's great at his job, but Billy D is a better person than he is coach. If I had a son, he'd be on the handful of coaches I'd completely trust coaching him (along with the likes of Tubby, Pitino, Izzo, Cal, Stevens, and Smart). It always struck me that Tubby took Billy under his wing when they were younger the way he did, and I know Bill Donovan (Billy's dad) has often talked about his fondness for Tubby for doing that. It's no wonder Tubby looked out for Billy; he's a gem of a person. Good luck to Florida.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Billy Donovan Reports.... (Thoughts on Noel and Billy Donovan)

BTW, it's "just" a hyperextension, similar to what Davis had last year vs Baylor, I'd assume since his was a hyperextension, too. I'm sure he'll be hurting the rest of this week if not beyond. Hopefully more will come out.

My biggest concern when he was on the court was "oh no, how does this effect his #1 draft pick spot?" How UK would fare without him is second behind his actual health, wellbeing, and career.

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

He was wheeled out on a wheelchair. I'm still not very hopeful.

I've always had a lot of respect for billy, but gained more when he asked Cal how he was in their hand shake and then unpromptedly mentioned how he would be thinking of Nerlens and hoping he was ok.

F**k injuries, man.
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

I don't think Billy would publicly say Noel will be fine if he didn't have it on good authority. I'm not a doctor, but if UK's coaches are thinking he's going to be fine, they probably wheeled him out in a wheelchair as a precaution. I mean if you roll your ankle you're not going to put pressure on it 15 minutes later, let alone a hyperextension.

Cal is mum on it right now BTW, so the report was that Billy told him the UK staff said Noel would be okay. But, Cal doesn't sound as sure. lol Who knows what's going on?

I do think after he went down, we did find a play that worked, which was WCS setting a screen out top, slipping the screen and going into the lane after the catch for a dunk. We ran it twice and the first time it got blocked, but that's a high percentage look that will be huge with or without Noel.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

Just listened to Cal's post game show. Sounded sick and said "don't know, we have to get back to campus, but it sure doesn't look good"
    L's Down.

Staff Sergeant BasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forumsBasketballofUF has a great deal of respect on the forums BasketballofUF's Avatar

Hopefully this is true. Hate injuries, and Noel is a great player who gives 100% effort.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8NESS View Post
    Just listened to Cal's post game show. Sounded sick and said "don't know, we have to get back to campus, but it sure doesn't look good"
    Yeah. The guys praying for him lets you know this could be bad.
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

nice words by Billy D, but he isn't a doctor. The fact they drove him to the ER to get X-rays leads me to believe it's pretty serious. Sucks.

Just saw Noel's injury from another angle. He's out for the year, and we aren't making the tournament. Goodnight.
    L's Down.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

would this injury keep him out of the NBA and maybe come back to Kentucky for a year? Or would still be a lottery pick a team would take a chance on

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast