+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Usssa 2013

Staff Sergeant thagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forums thagodfather's Avatar

Tennessee Usssa 2013

Travel ball practice has started! I'm coaching and my son is playing for a new team this season for the first time since he was 8 and we both are very excited. We have been Silver Eagles for 5 seasons but this fall we moved over to the Knoxville Komets, a 12u team that plays USSSA major ball. We look forward to a successful spring and summer season after winnng 4 of 6 tournaments in the fall and winning the Fall State championship at Knoxville in late October. We are on the list to play in Cooperstown. It would be our first trip there. Another big plus was still being able to play Little League here in Morristown. The tournament season can't get here fast enough.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Rocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forums Rocky@theTop's Avatar

Re: Usssa 2013

I am so ready for this season. Right now we're juggling both middle school baseball and travel baseball... the latter holding off until middle school season is over.

We're doing Cooperstown this year too... June 14-21. Cannot wait!

As far as USSSA... that organization is running into issues nationally. Bad leadership had led to many of their areas being overtaken by other travel organizations such as BPA, Travelball Select, SuperSeries and Triple Crown Sports.

I hope the Director in East TN is strong. The Middle TN Director was asked to step down after last year. USSSA went from being the dominant organization in Middle Tennessee for fighting for 3rd. This was a big blow to the organization since they hosted so many tournaments and Middle TN was by far the most competitive area of Tennessee.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    Go Vols
    Quote Originally Posted by weegeman View Post
    Go Vols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummett_For_UK View Post
    Go Vols.

Gunnery Sergeant Carolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forums Carolina Razorback's Avatar

Would love to go to Cooperstown.

After 12 years I knew this day was going to come. My daughter is leaning towards not playing softball this year. The deadline for signing up is near and wishing I could change her mind.

Staff Sergeant thagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forums thagodfather's Avatar

Hey Rocky, are you guys going to Atlanta for the Super NIT on March 16 and 17th? We are in. I believe that it's a 32 team field. We are also playing in the Super NIT @ Cinci Ohio, on the weekend of June 1st.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Rocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forums Rocky@theTop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thagodfather View Post
    Hey Rocky, are you guys going to Atlanta for the Super NIT on March 16 and 17th? We are in. I believe that it's a 32 team field. We are also playing in the Super NIT @ Cinci Ohio, on the weekend of June 1st.
    Unfortunately we are not. Middle School baseball will keep us busy until the end of April. We have 11 players who play for 8 different schools.

One of our former players who plays for East Cobb Indians will play at the Atlanta Super NIT.

We played a USSSA tournament in Cincy last year. It was really a different experience. The (youth) baseball parks in Cincy sell liquor and beer at the concessions stand. Half the parents wanted to know what I'd gotten us into and the other half thought I was a hero. You'll find he competition up north not quite as good as in the south.

The weekend of 5/30-6/1... We'll be in Memphis for a tourney.

The Atlanta Super NIT is alway a good tournament. Very good competition there and the Mid-South Super NIT in Southaven, MS (Memphis).

There is a Super NIT here in Nashville and it does have some good teams, but it lacks the prestige of the Atlanta and Mid-South Super NITs.
    Go Vols
    Go Vols.
    Go Vols.

Yea, we have a Super NIT close by in Kingsport but it wouldn't rival the Nashville or Atlanta tournaments. Maybe we'll see you guys in the state tournament. I believe that it is in Knoxville this season. We were to play our first tournament this weekend but because of weather, it has been canceled. Good luck on the season, Rocky.

Good luck to you guys as well.
    Go Vols
    Go Vols.
    Go Vols.

Hey Rocky, we'll be making the trip out your way to Columbia this weekend. From what I hear, it should be a good tournament. If you know anything about any good restaurants in that area, please let me know. Other than the baseball itself, the best thing about traveling is the eating.

Quote Originally Posted by thagodfather View Post
    Hey Rocky, we'll be making the trip out your way to Columbia this weekend. From what I hear, it should be a good tournament. If you know anything about any good restaurants in that area, please let me know. Other than the baseball itself, the best thing about traveling is the eating.
    Hey Man... sorry I didn't see this. I'll message you my email address in case you guys come back to the mid-state.
    Go Vols
    Go Vols.
    Go Vols.

+ Reply to Thread