+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: NHL season thread

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Re: NHL season thread

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan32 View Post
    Its an interesting situation. I mean there are still some guys like Clowe and Boyle who are not wide open hockey guys. However there is still a need to defense and the defense men are there to still play good defense. Need to open it up. When you need a goalie to shut a team out twice just to move past round one its an issue. You might give up some more goals even with a great goalie but you win more by scoring. All I really want is balance from the team. Don't have to blow it up and start over, just let the defense men and Boyle type guys help Henrik while turning the scorers loose.
    I completely agree. Moving one or two guys is all they really need. The Rangers could even pair a wide-open defenseman with an offensive-minded defenseman. The Penguins do this with Brooks Orpik (defensive-minded) with Kris Letang (offensive defenseman), or do as you suggested, keep the pairings constant (one being two defensive, one being offensive, etc.). I think that all comes down to what the coach wants to do.

As I pointed out before, it's possible going more wide-open could help Lundqvist. He might have felt a lot of pressure to be near "perfect" every night because he knew there would not be a lot of goal support. With a philosophy where the skaters in front of him are more apt to scoring, he might be able to relax. This could aid his confidence, which is key and could be a small difference the Rangers need in the playoffs. Going into next season, I would still consider them a contender in the division. They still have a lot of quality talent and scorers who can carry them.

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

I agree completely with your take. Any goalie, like any pitcher, can only be better knowing one mistake won't cost them the game. Can't fathom a game under Torts where he could have gotten a win giving up 5 goals LOL

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMan32 View Post
    I agree completely with your take. Any goalie, like any pitcher, can only be better knowing one mistake won't cost them the game. Can't fathom a game under Torts where he could have gotten a win giving up 5 goals LOL
    Exactly, lol. I wonder if Torts got inside Lundqvist's head, forcing him to try and be near perfect every night. We might be able to tell by his comments on the new coach, or by his play this fall.

On a side note, I'm curious as to how long Torts will out of a coaching job.

With regard to the Cup, it looks like Chicago may have figured out how to score on Rask. I'm interested to see how they play tomorrow night, at home, in Game 5. This is the first game in a while where Rask will have to rebound after yielding more than a few goals. Should be a good one now that we're at a best-of-three to win it all.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Bamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBamadan has a great deal of respect on the forums Bamadan's Avatar

Well, Hawks are one win away from hoisting the Cup again, but they may be without Toews(Tazer). He was injured on that hit in the 2nd period in front of the Bruins net. Bergeron left the game for the hospital, but the extent of his injuries are not know right now. Kane is getting hot at the right time. Much better goalie play from Crawford tonight, although the only Bruins goal went high glove side. We'll see what happens Mon night.

SOUL PATROL TIDE ROLL!!

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

Blackhawks have this easily...

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

I thought Boston would win this series. It feels like Chicago in 7 now. Possibly they win the next game but it feels like a time where Boston defends home ice and the Hawks win in 7.

Master Sergeant IllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forums IllinoisDawg63's Avatar

Go Blackhawks!!! Stanley Cup to Chitown!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamadan View Post
    Well, Hawks are one win away from hoisting the Cup again, but they may be without Toews(Tazer). He was injured on that hit in the 2nd period in front of the Bruins net. Bergeron left the game for the hospital, but the extent of his injuries are not know right now. Kane is getting hot at the right time. Much better goalie play from Crawford tonight, although the only Bruins goal went high glove side. We'll see what happens Mon night.
    Nice effort by Chicago last night. I only watched the first two periods and I can say the 'Hawks were much more opportunistic than the Bruins. They took advantage of the bounces and breaks. It also seemed to me the Bruins couldn't get as much going on offense as they did in the previous games. When they had chances, Crawford pounced on the puck and forced a face-off. Credit to him and the defense for playing a better game and only yielding a singe goal.

Game 6 in Boston should be exciting. The Bruins will have their backs against the wall in do-or-die. I could see them winning by virtue of the home ice, which would set up an AWESOME Game 7 in Chicago. Can't wait for tomorrow night!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567