+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Report: Howland is on his way out

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Report: Howland is on his way out

I think for the most part the fans out west are basketball fans too. Do you think that's a fair assessment? I could see an argument either way.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    I think for the most part the fans out west are basketball fans too. Do you think that's a fair assessment? I could see an argument either way.
    I would generally say yes. Particularly for the big markets - LA, SF/Oakland, PHX, etc - due to NBA influence. There are some good college teams in those cities too. Even some of the other states such as Nevada and Utah are probably full of bball fans - UNLV, Utah, Utah State, etc. - all are solid programs. These are just some examples. States that I didn't mention have their basketball fans too.

Moderator MKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forumsMKfromPA has a great deal of respect on the forums MKfromPA's Avatar

I guess Oregon is a legit team. I was surprised to see UCLA go down. They were in control late in the second half. They just couldn't make shots and had some sloppy plays. Howland will have some explaining to do. Credit to Oregon for getting the W. Despite not having to play Arizona again, they still have work to do to win the conference. It's far from over, IMO.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Yeah, I got my first really good look at Oregon. They have a freshman backcourt in Dotson and Artis and what they are doing is incredible to a year removed from prom and high school in general. I like the look Kazemi gives them. That's the one guy they can't take off the court in a late clutch game, because of his defense and rebounding. I think Wood inside gives them a nice rim protector. I personally think they are in the driver's seat in the Pac 12 race now that they have beaten both UCLA and Arizona... and they won't have to play either again... think about how nice the schedule is set up for this club. I do think they need to be a bit more selective in some of the shots they take (part of the frosh backcourt), but they are the real deal. A Sweet 16 threat for sure.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Yeah let's see if Oregon can keep it up. I will be impressed if they sustain this all throughout the season. It's one thing to make a run in the regular season, but then struggle in the conference tournament and in the NCAAs. But your analysis of the Ducks is spot on. UO is really set up for a run at the PAC-12 regular season crown. A couple more small hurdles stand in their way, but as you point out, they have already beaten the big boys so their difficult stretch is done. I too expect them to keep rolling on. Every team slips up and if they lose to a team they are supposed to beat, I would understand because no team is perfect.

As long as the freshman don't hit the proverbial freshman wall, I think they will keep rolling with a minor setback here and there.
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    As long as the freshman don't hit the proverbial freshman wall, I think they will keep rolling with a minor setback here and there.
    Their next couple games could be interesting. I want to see how they fare against Washington, who is a surprise this year in the conference. Wazzu should not be a setback for UO, unless they have a hangover from the UCLA game.

Interesting match up in the NCAAT that pits Howland against your Gophers, KT. IMO not a game for Howland and UCLA to slouch in, by any stretch. I think he is expected to win it...

Gunnery Sergeant Urb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forums Urb Gruber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    Interesting match up in the NCAAT that pits Howland against your Gophers, KT. IMO not a game for Howland and UCLA to slouch in, by any stretch. I think he is expected to win it...
    All the KIA's are taking Minnesota to win including Vegas (-3).

Quote Originally Posted by MKfromPA View Post
    Depending on who you believe both coaches (final four coaches, mind you) are on the hot seat.
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast