+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auburn interviewed Kirby Smart today, Tennessee interviewed Mike Gundy

Gunnery Sergeant AURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forums AURex's Avatar

Auburn interviewed Kirby Smart today, Tennessee interviewed Mike Gundy

Tennessee obviously got the better shot today. Gundy has been high on my list.

Pretty good info says Petrino has not been interviewed by Auburn and won't be, and that Auburn president Gogue will not sign off on Petrino even if the committee recommended him. But then, other sources say Auburn search committee is just saving that interview for last.

Not sure Arkansas talked to anybody, since Petersen is a done deal and all is set except the announcement (according to DrSS).

Kirby Smart to Auburn? First off .... meh. Second ... I just can't see Bo Jackson and Pat Sullivan sitting at the table and saying "Woo-Hoo, let's hire that Bama assistant!"

But given the situation at Auburn .... yeah, it could happen.

Auburn Interviews Smart

Vols Interview Gundy

Gunnery Sergeant AURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forums AURex's Avatar

Re: Auburn interviewed Kirby Smart today, Tennessee interviewed Mike Gundy

Disappointed about the season? Sure.

Disappointed about the coaching search so far? It ain't over till the announcement is made, so I'm not disappointed ... yet.

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

If the auburn people were smart they wouldnt worry about where the guy comes from, they just need to find the right guy to lead their program no matter what school he comes from

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Well, DUH!

I'm sure the search committee will be stupid and intentionally hire someone they are convinced is wrong for the program.

Sheesh.

Staff Sergeant Naval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forums Naval Aviator's Avatar

Gundy to UT?! Didn't see that in the cards. He played ball at OSU. Hard to see him leaving unless he was getting some serious CA$H.

As for the AU interviews, as long as he wins and isn't a war criminal, who cares where he's from. Besides, Auburn is a nice place to live. And I speak from experience.
    "ISIS is contained." -Barack Hussein Obama, 11/12/15

"TAMU is the greatest of all time." -Just Some Hog Dude, 9/13/14

"Texas A&M is better than Texas." -TexasFight, 10/27/12

Give me an army of West Point Graduates and I will win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I will win a war. -Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

All I ask of you men of Alabama is to keep up with the Texans! -Gen. Robert E. Lee, Battle of Second Manassas

Gunnery Sergeant Friedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forums Friedchickenman's Avatar

I'm definitely disappointed and it doesn't really entirely have to do with Petrino. The problem I have is that right now the top 2 that have been interviewed or shown interest in are Smart and Malzahn. Both guys have very little if any HC experience in the collegiate level. Malzahn only has 1 year, in the Sun Belt, Kirby Smart has none. Hiring coordinators to be HCs works at times but sometimes it doesn't, you have a much better idea of what you are getting if you were to go after someone like Charlie Strong, Gary Patterson, Chris Petersen, Jimbo Fisher or Bobby Petrino. All of those guys have shown some success as HCs, and it seems like Auburn's not making an effort at any of them.

Meanwhile, what troubles me most is the rumor what I've heard behind the scenes. The entire board and 3/4ths of the search committee want to interview Petrino and are interested in him. The trouble being, that guess what, the three stooges- Pat Dye, Jay Jacobs, and Jay Gogue have all put their foot down like a petulant child screaming no. In fact, it has gotten so bad, that Gogue threatened to run off and tell SACS that the Trustee Board is trying to force him into hiring Petrino, so the board has no recourse but to back off. Now Pat Dye doesn't have a say but for some reason Jay Jacobs seems to think he's his daddy and has to ask him for his opinion on everything. This is where Kirby Smart comes in, Pat Dye wants him, and so Jay Jacobs does as well, the same thing that happened when we hired Gene Chizik (also Dye's guy) is going to happen again (possibly).

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Friedchickenman View Post
    I'm definitely disappointed and it doesn't really entirely have to do with Petrino. The problem I have is that right now the top 2 that have been interviewed or shown interest in are Smart and Malzahn. Both guys have very little if any HC experience in the collegiate level. Malzahn only has 1 year, in the Sun Belt, Kirby Smart has none. Hiring coordinators to be HCs works at times but sometimes it doesn't, you have a much better idea of what you are getting if you were to go after someone like Charlie Strong, Gary Patterson, Chris Petersen, Jimbo Fisher or Bobby Petrino. All of those guys have shown some success as HCs, and it seems like Auburn's not making an effort at any of them.

Meanwhile, what troubles me most is the rumor what I've heard behind the scenes. The entire board and 3/4ths of the search committee want to interview Petrino and are interested in him. The trouble being, that guess what, the three stooges- Pat Dye, Jay Jacobs, and Jay Gogue have all put their foot down like a petulant child screaming no. In fact, it has gotten so bad, that Gogue threatened to run off and tell SACS that the Trustee Board is trying to force him into hiring Petrino, so the board has no recourse but to back off. Now Pat Dye doesn't have a say but for some reason Jay Jacobs seems to think he's his daddy and has to ask him for his opinion on everything. This is where Kirby Smart comes in, Pat Dye wants him, and so Jay Jacobs does as well, the same thing that happened when we hired Gene Chizik (also Dye's guy) is going to happen again (possibly).
    Dye has been a secret UGA mole at Auburn for many years.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Gunnery Sergeant Trav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forumsTrav has a great deal of respect on the forums Trav's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Friedchickenman View Post

Aside from the fact that there are viable candidates out there with HC experience, why the aversion to giving an assistant coach a shot? Obviously someone with HC would be ideal, but assistant coaches need to get head coaching experience somewhere. An assistant at a major program (arguably the best program in the country the last few years) should have a leg up over a HC from a lesser program, right?
    SEC mother****in rah rah

(except Tennessee. **** them)

Vote for a 3rd party next time around.

Fascinating project that preserves the memories of combat veterans.

ATravLedLife.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast