View Poll Results: Will Mizzou make a bowl game?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 78.95%
  • No

4 21.05%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Mizzou go bowling?

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

Missouri Will Mizzou go bowling?

I really just wanted an excuse to use their nifty new post icon.

Remaining schedule:

Syracuse
    @ Texas A&M

Gunnery Sergeant Subrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forums Subrookie's Avatar

Re: Will Mizzou go bowling?

I got us winning against Syracuse. We've won the last 18 non-conference games we've played at home. We win, then we get to go to some uber exciting bowl like the Compass or Liberty Bowl. Yay...

But, it's not going to be easy, 'Cuse is playing for bowl eligibility too. Not exactly a pushover game.

Staff Sergeant Naval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forumsNaval Aviator has a great deal of respect on the forums Naval Aviator's Avatar

Yes! I believe!
    "ISIS is contained." -Barack Hussein Obama, 11/12/15

"TAMU is the greatest of all time." -Just Some Hog Dude, 9/13/14

"Texas A&M is better than Texas." -TexasFight, 10/27/12

Give me an army of West Point Graduates and I will win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I will win a war. -Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

All I ask of you men of Alabama is to keep up with the Texans! -Gen. Robert E. Lee, Battle of Second Manassas

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Beating Cuse is no guarantee for Mizzou. Just sayin'...

I'm not being facetious, just objective. Cuse has a very good QB and a very good running back. They will be formidable. They flat whipped Louisville's @ss last week..

Cuse has averaged 36 1/2 points per game in their last 4 games, going 3-1 in that span, losing only to Cincy.

Corporal USAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forums USAFMEDIC's Avatar

We will have played three non-conference FBS schools this year.

Arizona State
    UCF
    Syracuse

That's a pretty good resume for getting a bowl bid I would think.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

...If Mizzou wins 6 games, they will get a bowl bid.

If I'm not mistaken, the SEC has 9 possible bowls to grab up. We know 4 of the 14 will finish with less than 6 wins, and should Ole Miss get 6 wins along with Mizzou, I'd think Mizzou is the more attrctive team.

Staff Sergeant Wanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forums Wanderin' Reb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    ...If Mizzou wins 6 games, they will get a bowl bid.

If I'm not mistaken, the SEC has 9 possible bowls to grab up. We know 4 of the 14 will finish with less than 6 wins, and should Ole Miss get 6 wins along with Mizzou, I'd think Mizzou is the more attrctive team.
    Compass
    Cotton
    Outback
    Gator
    Chik-Fil-A
    Capital One
    Music City
    Independence
    Liberty
    Sugar

And either LSU or TAMU is projected to get an At-Large bid in the Fiesta Bowl. There's plenty of room for all of our possible bowl-eligible teams to go.

Opens up even more if 2 of the top 3 lose a game and the SEC is back in the BCSNC picture.

That being said - I'm losing hope that we make it. Unless we can figure out how to finish a game, we're not going bowling. We've left two wins on the field (TAMU and Vandy) that we had IN THE BAG due to not having any follow-through. I could also argue all day that we got **** calls in both games that cost us ("The Safety" in the TAMU game and that ******** 4th down spot in the Vandy game), but the truth is that if the team could just keep their foot on the gas and continue to score then we wouldn't have been in the situation for those calls to **** us like they did.
    "Hello, I'm the Doctor. Basically...run."

Corporal Vonkof has a great deal of respect on the forumsVonkof has a great deal of respect on the forumsVonkof has a great deal of respect on the forumsVonkof has a great deal of respect on the forumsVonkof has a great deal of respect on the forumsVonkof has a great deal of respect on the forumsVonkof has a great deal of respect on the forumsVonkof has a great deal of respect on the forumsVonkof has a great deal of respect on the forumsVonkof has a great deal of respect on the forumsVonkof has a great deal of respect on the forums Vonkof's Avatar

Been really busy with work this season, are we not in the NC hunt?
    "Raise the black flag and ride hard, boys. Our cause is just and our enemies many. - Q"

“There's a lot of football in the country, but there's one place that really plays football, and that's the Southeastern Conference” - Gary Pinkel

Staff Sergeant Wanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forumsWanderin' Reb has a great deal of respect on the forums Wanderin' Reb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vonkof View Post
    Been really busy with work this season, are we not in the NC hunt?
    Who? Mizzou? LOL (Sorry, no flame, Tiger Dudes.)

Or do you just mean the SEC in general? In that case, not directly. Bama lost to TAMU, so now they need 2 of the 3 undefeateds (Oregon, Irish, K-State) to lose in order to be back in the picture.
    "Hello, I'm the Doctor. Basically...run."

Corporal USAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSAFMEDIC has a great deal of respect on the forums USAFMEDIC's Avatar

Well now that our outspoken DT has forgot where his classrooms are located, we might not beat the Cuse, let alone the Aggies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast