+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirby Smart to Arkansas?

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Kirby Smart to Arkansas?

There are many here in Arkansas that fully believe, to compete with and beat Bama, UGA, LSU, and Florida, it has to start with defense first. I happen to be one of those who fully agree.

With that being near a unanimous conception among those with any good football sense, mumblings of Kirby Smart are beginning to surface here in Arkansas, with some mumbles mumbling from some higher profile places.

Kirby has been groomed by the best, and he will likely be the ranks hottest new head coaching prospect at this season's end... I think that is a no-brainer of sorts. His record speaks for itself. He is fiery, a great recruiter, and he is a good guy.

I'm betting early money Kirby gets an interview at Arkansas if he wants it. I also think the "Kirby to Arkansas" talk will swiftly build as the season progresses among Arkansans, and the national media will soon follow.

I'm down with Kirby. Afterall, he is going to be successful somewhere as a head coach.

Comments? Opinions?

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

Re: Kirby Smart to Arkansas?

We'll see what he's really made of when he leaves Saban's crib.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFight View Post
    We'll see what he's really made of when he leaves Saban's crib.
    That is what everyone said about Will Muschomp. He seems to be doing pretty well about now at Florida.. I think Kirby is a comparable prospect.

Bow Chicka Wow Wow Bacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forumsBacon has a great deal of respect on the forums Bacon's Avatar

No. [My guess is] It's Charlie Strong or Butch Davis.

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    That is what everyone said about Will Muschomp. He seems to be doing pretty well about now at Florida.. I think Kirby is a comparable prospect.
    True, but I'm not sure Muschamp has completely proven his worth as a head coach. Incredible defensive coordinator, though. He was fun to watch at Texas.

Like I said, I'll wait and see on Smart. I think it would be better for him to go to a smaller school than Arkansas. Get some experience at a place where he won't have massive expectations placed on him to begin; I don't think he should just jump out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to speak.

Master Sergeant IllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forums IllinoisDawg63's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFight View Post
    True, but I'm not sure Muschamp has completely proven his worth as a head coach. Incredible defensive coordinator, though. He was fun to watch at Texas.

Like I said, I'll wait and see on Smart. I think it would be better for him to go to a smaller school than Arkansas. Get some experience at a place where he won't have massive expectations placed on him to begin; I don't think he should just jump out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to speak.
    On this note....I think Smart could handle D1 with no trouble. I don't think UT's HC Derek Dooley was ready for the big stage totally.....with the humility Vols already had for Fulmer, then the all-out rage they have since Kiffin f*cked them over the way he did, Dooley I don't feel was ready for this large stage.

Gunnery Sergeant Carolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forums Carolina Razorback's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    There are many here in Arkansas that fully believe, to compete with and beat Bama, UGA, LSU, and Florida, it has to start with defense first. I happen to be one of those who fully agree.

With that being near a unanimous conception among those with any good football sense, mumblings of Kirby Smart are beginning to surface here in Arkansas, with some mumbles mumbling from some higher profile places.

Kirby has been groomed by the best, and he will likely be the ranks hottest new head coaching prospect at this season's end... I think that is a no-brainer of sorts. His record speaks for itself. He is fiery, a great recruiter, and he is a good guy.

I'm betting early money Kirby gets an interview at Arkansas if he wants it. I also think the "Kirby to Arkansas" talk will swiftly build as the season progresses among Arkansans, and the national media will soon follow.

I'm down with Kirby. Afterall, he is going to be successful somewhere as a head coach.

Comments? Opinions?
    I've always teased my wife that we are going to take her DC but at no time was I really serious. I always thought he might end up back at UGA but would love to have him at Arkansas.

Master Sergeant HIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forums

Would be a great hire if you ask me... not sure if Smart will want to be in the SEC West though.

Moderator joehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forums joehogjoe's Avatar

speculating on who the next coach is already old.

Nothing is going to happen until December at the earliest.
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

My American flag will hang upside down for the foreseeable future.

Master Gunnery Sergeant YR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forums YR_Tiger's Avatar

That could possibly be the worst hire ever IMO.
    Ark is built nothing like Bama and these two teams could not be further from one another in the talent by position.
    ( o Y o )-- F250

Politics is like pro-wrestling -- Rollin' Baby

Good, Fast, Cheap....Pick two -- my buddy...
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast