+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin accuses UGA players of ripping off his helmet (helmet rule)

Am Yisrael Chai GatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forumsGatorMan32 has a great deal of respect on the forums GatorMan32's Avatar

Franklin accuses UGA players of ripping off his helmet (helmet rule)

James Franklin had to leave the Missouri football team's 41-20 loss to seventh-ranked Georgia because of the NCAA's new helmet rule was the result of a Georgia player ripping it off his head, the quarterback said yesterday. On MU's third series of the fourth quarter, Franklin went down in the backfield when nose tackle John Jenkins dropped him for a 2-yard loss. As Franklin fell to the turf, another Bulldog snapped off his chinstrap and yanked off his helmet, Franklin said.

“The second time I could feel it, but you could also see on film where (a Georgia player) was pulling on it. It definitely was frustrating. You try to make adjustments so they couldn’t just pop it off. They say if they see a player intentionally pull it off you won’t have to come out. But I think teams will definitely try to do that more.”

Outspoken Mizzou receiver TJ Moe made his feelings on the new rule known to The St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

“It’s a stupid rule that will be gone after this season. Stupidest rule ever in college football. If my quarterback leaves the game one more time because his helmet is ripped off, I’m going to lose it.”

Missouri Coach Gary Pinkel stopped short of accusing the Bulldogs but left no one else to blame.

"I'm sure our players didn't take it off," he said. "And I'm sure he didn't take it off. So, it just happened. … Every single time his chinstrap was snapped off. It didn't just slide off."

CRAMPING THEIR STYLE?: That wasn't the only ploy Missouri suspected Georgia was trying. In the third quarter, Washington tried jogging off the field and abruptly fell to the turf with an apparent leg cramp. Or was it?

The Tigers had gone to a faster pace and gained 51 yards on the previous five plays.

Georgia trainers tended to Washington and helped him to the sideline, but he eventually returned to the field. The Tigers couldn't recapture their momentum and settled for a field goal.

"We're going to start sending a 500-pack of Gatorade to all the other teams right before we play them so there's no excuse for cramping," Moe said, clearly joking about the proposal but not the accusation.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/...le/?tigerextra

Master Gunnery Sergeant FreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forums FreddieMac's Avatar

Re: Franklin accuses UGA players of ripping off his helmet (helmet rule)

OMG, what a bunch of crybabies ......
    I have made my peace with Les Miles, I want him to stay. Go away Michigan. It is is not the 11 games winning seasons or the Yoda like press conferences. He eats grass and knows Tiger Stadium grass taste best! That is a special brand of crazy I want to see of years to come! GEAUX TIGERS!

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps HeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forums HeyBulldog's Avatar

What's the point of saying things like this? It won't change the outcome of the game. It can only make them look like sore losers.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

I don't know why we would want Franklin off the field. We were killing him. Didn't he run it 22 times for 35 yards?
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

If Franklin's helmet was ripped off, its an officiating mistake if he was forced to miss a play. From my understanding, the rules are if a helmet comes off during a play the player will miss a play, but if your helmet is ripped off by another player you are not forced to miss a play. Is that accurate?

I dont understand the whining over the cramps either. Unless you can prove at the time that those players were faking, you look like an ******* for booing or insinuating anything because the one time that you try that and a player is really hurt you look like the ultimate *******. Oregon has been dealing with it for years, its just the nature of the beast. Officials can call delay of game penalties, blame them for not stopping those "fake" injuries. Its not something that I like, taking a dive to slow down a fast offense, but its part of the game and you should be able to work around that if you are a fast, no huddle team.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Optik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forums Optik's Avatar

I've already looked over this and it is pretty easy to see that no UGA player ripped his helmet off. Whether his is just misremembering or lying I'll leave up to you to decide, but the two incidents are at 12:40 and at 2:28:40.

The first time is the only time it would even be a chance, but you can see that when Shawn Williams hits him, it knocks the helmet loose and then it comes off as he goes to the ground, but it doesn't appear anyone ripped it off and I think the ref would have seen it if it had happened. As for the second time, it is pretty obvious that it didn't happen there.

Gunnery Sergeant dnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forumsdnmuga93 has a great deal of respect on the forums dnmuga93's Avatar

And I am compelled to point out that the most obvious time the Mizzou fans thought a UGA player was "faking" being hurt (Corn Wash), it turned out he was ACTUALLY hurt. It was announced at Monday's practice he has a strained hamstring.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps scgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forums scgamecock312's Avatar

I don't know whether or not this is true, but it is definitely happening a lot. If you watch replays as well you can see some players trying to do it.

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

What a bunch of babies....Get over it and realize you are just losers, jesus christ. Im sure those 2 plays cost you the game, not the fact you couldn't decide that one guy wasn't blocking Jarvis Jones all night

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Master Sergeant HIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forums

Our players thought Michigan guys were trying to pull their helmets off (one time they were a little too obvious with it and got flagged)... they didn't go public with it though. It's going to happen, players are going to try and knock helmets off. Strap up and be prepared.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast