+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: ATP Men's Tennis Tour Thread

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps HunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forums HunkerDown's Avatar

Re: ATP Men's Tennis Tour Thread

No I'm not comparing those records to Raffas against Feds, just to point out that head to head isn't the end all be all in the GOAT discussion.

What if Malisse Or Nalbandian or Davydenko or Stepanek or Belluci had a 2 to 1 winning ratio against Fed? Would they all deserve to be on the GOAT discussion?

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by HunkerDown View Post
    No I'm not comparing those records to Raffas against Feds, just to point out that head to head isn't the end all be all in the GOAT discussion.

What if Malisse Or Nalbandian or Davydenko or Stepanek or Belluci had a 2 to 1 winning ratio against Fed? Would they all deserve to be on the GOAT discussion?
    Does either Xavier Malisse, Nalbandian, Davydenko, Stepanek or Belluci have a career golden slam (something Fed doesn't have)? Does any of them have any majors? Obviously, not. It's not like Rafa is some guy that simply has lucked into a winning record against Fed. He has a winning record against everybody, and he's won 11 majors, each of the events, all-time leader in Masters Series titles, and won a gold medal. Plus, he has Davis Cup exploits.... none of the guys you mentioned come close to all of that and a winning record against Fed, which is the full package that Rafa posseses?
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps HunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forumsHunkerDown has a great deal of respect on the forums HunkerDown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    Does either Xavier Malisse, Nalbandian, Davydenko, Stepanek or Belluci have a career golden slam (something Fed doesn't have)? Does any of them have any majors? Obviously, not. It's not like Rafa is some guy that simply has lucked into a winning record against Fed. He has a winning record against everybody, and he's won 11 majors, each of the events, all-time leader in Masters Series titles, and won a gold medal. Plus, he has Davis Cup exploits.... none of the guys you mentioned come close to all of that and a winning record against Fed, which is the full package that Rafa posseses?
    Another good argument. It's definitely not apples to apples. I think an argument could be made for either. But without clay courts it's not a discussion at all.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Okay and without grass (Wimbledon), Fed and Sampras are merely human too. Take away anyone's best furface and that's the case.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Rafa is coming back in December! The best is on his way back! Let's go Rafaf!!!!!!!!!!!
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

Private jacoblewis2008 is on a distinguished road

I agree Kentubby, can't wait to see Nadal back in action! I feel like he is going to absolutely dominate on the tennis court surfaces he's most comfortable with, and falter with those he's not. That said, do you think he has a shot to win a slam coming off the injury?

Sorry, I just noticed this post. He's 12-1 on the season. I think he's the best player in the world by far on clay. I have to pick him on clay until further notice, and I think he can win Wimbledon too, because it's not hard on the knees. If he pulls out of Indian Wells that will tell a lot.

He's playing the exhibition with Del Potro at the moment. Go Rafa!
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

Love to see Raffa back.

Dubai was a pretty awesome tourney too.

Rafa wins Indian Wells. What a comeback he has made so far. Those saying he's done can put a fork in that IMO. I think the time off may actually have been a good mental break also. I'm so excited. It's been the best sporting moment of the year thus far for me in a rather dull sports year so far. lol
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

He was so ridiculous today and this tournament. Just amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast