+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour de France wins

WVUfaninKY3

Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour de France wins

Really guys? If it hadn't been for Lance no one would even know about Cycling. Now you go and ban him for life(since he's retired kinda stupid) and strip him of titles because he's simply tired of fighting you on doping. You've been accusing him for 10+ years and nothing has substanciated but because he doesn't want to bother with your nonsense anymore you become even more nonsensical

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

Re: Lance Armstrong stripped of 7 Tour de France wins

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Lance. Him backing out will make the suspicion even stronger, and him trying to fight it is futile. They've had it out for him for a long time.

...and honestly? He's done too much good for this world for me to even care if he doped, which I also don't believe is true.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Cap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forums

Wow that is beyond sorry. Regardless of this ridiculous ruling Armstrong will always be the best.

Moderator joehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forumsjoehogjoe has a great deal of respect on the forums joehogjoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n View Post
    Wow that is beyond sorry. Regardless of this ridiculous ruling Armstrong will always be the best.
    yep.

If he passed a the time how can they come back years later and say he didn't.
    Never Yield!

Go Hogs

My American flag will hang upside down for the foreseeable future.

Gunnery Sergeant Subrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forums Subrookie's Avatar

I've followed cycling for at least the last 10 years. Eddy Merckx (5 time TDF winner) had this to say about the process.

“Lance Armstrong is disillusioned and is up against an unjust process,” he declared. ”At a certain point there’s a disenchantment that sets in. Lance is saying to USADA, ‘Do what you want now, I don’t care.’

“Lance was always very correct during his career. What more can he do? All the tests he’s undertaken, more than 500 since 2000, have come back negative. So, either the tests don’t count for anything, or Armstrong is legit.

“The entire process (against him) is founded on witnesses. It’s deeply unjust.”

It has been a bit of a witch hunt. I can't think of any other cyclist they've gone after as aggressively. Whether he doped or not, and I'm not sure either way, what are they going to do now? Most of the other people behind him in those TDF victories have admitted to doping. By going back and stripping his titles it just brings up old, bad news to the sport. A sport that has grown in popularity in the US mainly because of Armstrong. I don't think Lance was a saint when it came to his teams, but I don't think the process has been fair.

WVUfaninKY3

The "witch hunt" had to end at some point. The USADA obviously wasn't going to give up, so Lance decided to and I commend him for that.

Master Gunnery Sergeant ACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forums ACCFanInTraining's Avatar

That's awful

Thanks Sammy!

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps DBS has a great deal of respect on the forumsDBS has a great deal of respect on the forumsDBS has a great deal of respect on the forumsDBS has a great deal of respect on the forumsDBS has a great deal of respect on the forumsDBS has a great deal of respect on the forumsDBS has a great deal of respect on the forumsDBS has a great deal of respect on the forumsDBS has a great deal of respect on the forumsDBS has a great deal of respect on the forumsDBS has a great deal of respect on the forums DBS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVUfaninKY3 View Post
    The "witch hunt" had to end at some point. The USADA obviously wasn't going to give up, so Lance decided to and I commend him for that.
    this..

bravo lance. **** them

Gunnery Sergeant Subrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forumsSubrookie has a great deal of respect on the forums Subrookie's Avatar

I'm curious to hear Brad's take on this. I know in the cycling community he's not that popular, especially outside of the US. If you only know him for his LiveStrong organization there's a lot more to how he's perceived if you follow professional cycling. I personally don't think the opinion of people like Floyd Landis and Tyler Hamilton who are known dopers should trump negative test results but it is a little more complicated than that.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Heck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forums Heck Pup's Avatar

I heard the USADA doesn't even have the authority to "strip" him of his titles. The French really have a boner for this guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast