+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: English Premier League 12/13

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

English Premier League 12/13

First weekend is in the books. Hazard looks like a beast for Chelsea with two assists in his official debut. City needed to come back from being down 2-1 n the second half to scrape by against newly promoted Southampton. And today United were stymied by Everton losing 1-0 in a match that saw RVP come off the bench in the second half to make his debut for the Reds.

Should be a great season as always.

Florida 27 - Georgia 3

2005 SECF Pick'em Champion!

Master Sergeant SCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCfan804's Avatar

Re: English Premier League 12/13

Was wondering if we'd get a thread going for this.

Man U looking sluggish out of the gates today. I still think they're the favorites if RVP can adjust and stay healthy.
    Arsenal needs defense. They also need to spend some $$$ now that they sold Song and RVP. They're going to struggle to even be top 4 this season with Spurs probably passing them.
    Liverpool needs to go ahead and sign Dempsey- they looked like @$$ Saturday, and Dempsey would provide another much needed scoring threat. Suarez can't carry the offense by himself.

Excited futbol is back!

Moderator 2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums2008 National Champions has a great deal of respect on the forums 2008 National Champions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCfan804 View Post
    Was wondering if we'd get a thread going for this.

Man U looking sluggish out of the gates today. I still think they're the favorites if RVP can adjust and stay healthy.
    Arsenal needs defense. They also need to spend some $$$ now that they sold Song and RVP. They're going to struggle to even be top 4 this season with Spurs probably passing them.
    Liverpool needs to go ahead and sign Dempsey- they looked like @$$ Saturday, and Dempsey would provide another much needed scoring threat. Suarez can't carry the offense by himself.

Excited futbol is back!
    Chelsea will win the league if Torres can bag 20 league goals. Mark that down. They have the best defense in the league, they are loaded at midfield and now they have Hazard and Mata providing for Torres and Oscar there to spell either of them. They will be tough for anyone to beat. If they can stay somewhat healthy I love their chances.

I think it's between them and City. But of course if RVP plays like he did last year then United will battle them both for the title.

Wenger will find a way to get Arsenal in 4th place. But I agree with you that they need to use all that fresh cash to bring in a couple players.

Florida 27 - Georgia 3

Gunnery Sergeant Urb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forums Urb Gruber's Avatar

Always glad to see Man Fag lose.

As an aside from the EPL, does anyone else have beIN sport? I must say, it is excellent to have with La Liga, Ligue 1, and Serie A. I love to watch Spanish futbol even if Real Madrid and Barca are the only real contenders.

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

I love this time of year! Sucks United lost but they will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Urb Gruber View Post
    Always glad to see Man Fag lose.

As an aside from the EPL, does anyone else have beIN sport? I must say, it is excellent to have with La Liga, Ligue 1, and Serie A. I love to watch Spanish futbol even if Real Madrid and Barca are the only real contenders.
    Never heard of it. Is it a TV network?

Florida 27 - Georgia 3

Gunnery Sergeant Urb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forums Urb Gruber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2008 National Champions View Post
    Never heard of it. Is it a TV network?
    TV Channel, Al-Jazeera owned. they got the rights to Spain, Italy, France, English Championship, South American World Cup Qualifiers, and UEFA Europa League. Word is that they will be bidding on the rights for the EPL in 2013-14.

Currently it shows that only DirecTV and Dish Network subscribers get the US based Channel, but I was wondering if any other providers were working on obtaining it like Comcast or WOW, etc.

IDK I hope comcast gets it. My fave club is Juventus and I need them on TV as much as possible. lol I can usually get their matches on ESPN3 when its not on Fox Soccer.

Florida 27 - Georgia 3

Master Sergeant SCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCfan804's Avatar

As much as it felt like cheating at the time, especially considering almost every team I pull for in any sport is perennially mediocre, I had to go with one of the Big 4 in the EPL just so I could actually watch them play. It's gotten a little better as of late with ESPN and Fox jumping into the mix, but it's pretty rough as an American trying to follow anyone other than United, Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal.

Oddly enough it's my "other" team, Paris St Germaine, that's made the most noise this offseason so looking forward to seeing what they do this season (backstory: briefly lived in France and I've been to a PSG game).

Quote Originally Posted by SCfan804 View Post
    As much as it felt like cheating at the time, especially considering almost every team I pull for in any sport is perennially mediocre, I had to go with one of the Big 4 in the EPL just so I could actually watch them play. It's gotten a little better as of late with ESPN and Fox jumping into the mix, but it's pretty rough as an American trying to follow anyone other than United, Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal.

Oddly enough it's my "other" team, Paris St Germaine, that's made the most noise this offseason so looking forward to seeing what they do this season (backstory: briefly lived in France and I've been to a PSG game).
    I think PSG has drawn two games already. They are in 9th place.

Florida 27 - Georgia 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast