+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How powerful is Nick Saban? Media members couldn't use the bathroom while he went

Master Gunnery Sergeant ECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forumsECDawg78 has a great deal of respect on the forums
    Away from here, joining Iveyleaguer, USC90, Crimson Pirate and many others, due to the Dallas troll.

How powerful is Nick Saban? Media members couldn't use the bathroom while he went

How powerful is Nick Saban? Media members couldn't use the bathroom while he went

Published: Thursday, July 19, 2012, 3:01 PM
    By Jon Solomon -- The Birmingham News

HOOVER, Alabama -- The line for the bathroom was a couple deep outside and growing a little impatient. Inside? Nick Saban.

Media members couldn't enter the bathroom at SEC Media Days while Saban relieved himself, accompanied inside by Alabama coordinator of athletic relations Cedric Burns.

"Hope he hurries up," one photographer said, waiting in a short line blocked by two security officials. "I've got to go."

So came and went another SEC Media Days with Saban's rock-star status on display. The Alabama crowds waiting in the Wynfrey Hotel lobby were smaller than usual, yet caused minor and temporary damage to a door.

There's SEC speed. And then there's Saban autograph-seekers speed.

As Saban left the event, one backpedaling fan accidentally knocked off the handicapped button on the revolving door in the lobby. A hotel official was able to fix the damage in a couple of minutes.

"Insane," said one older man as he watched the scene. "Lose two or three games and it all changes."

Remember the "I Hate Auburn" T-shirt guy criticized by Saban last year? That fan's reaction then: "It's like I went to church and God told He didn't approve."

Today, meet an Alabama football fan named James Pellem, a 25-year-old hospital technician from Huntsville who spent the past two days collecting autographs from most SEC teams.

"Two or three years ago, I was one of the Alabama fans you did not want to be around," Pellem said. "I liked to talk a lot of mess. A lot of Alabama fans are just mean people. Of course, you want to beat Auburn bad on Saturday. But you know, when you meet these guys, it's hard to dislike them."

Among the coaches he got autographs from: Gene Chizik. Twice. And it was Chizik who asked Pellem -- decked out in Alabama gear -- if he wanted him to sign anything.

"If every Alabama fan that has some kind of bad blood could come and actually meet (Auburn players and Chizik), I think it would calm them down a little bit," Pellem said. "If they could actually stand here and hear how the Auburn guys talk to the Alabama kids or the older Alabama family, maybe they'll realize this is just a Saturday thing. I don't have to hate them every part of the year."

Saban was asked today if, in the wake of the Penn State scandal and Mike Slive's words of caution, Saban has too much power at Alabama. "It's not true, if that's the perception," Saban said, citing his respect for Alabama's chancellor and athletics director.

Pellem said he hopes Saban's authority isn't so great that it could be abused.

"But the Penn State fans a year or two ago probably would have said no way, Joe Paterno is the most honest man on the Earth," Pellem said. "I would say probably 90 percent of me would say that wouldn't happen here. The way Saban carries himself, talks and looks, I just don't think he'd do anything like that."

Then Pellem remembered a picture he saw recently. It was of President Obama and Saban walking together and included the caption, "The most powerful man in the world with President Obama."

"I understand why you're asking," Pellem said.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...saban_med.html

"Woe to you also, you LAWYERS! For you load men with burdens grievous to be borne, and you yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers." - Luke 11:46

http://conventionofstates.com/

Master Sergeant HIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: How powerful is Nick Saban? Media members couldn't use the bathroom while he went

Hahaha. Yeah, I'm sure there was a line of media members waiting to use the bathroom. Desperate for some news.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

blush Smell! You're on Candid Camera!

If I was Saban, I would have went up to my room to do my stinky.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Heck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forums Heck Pup's Avatar

Re: How powerful is Nick Saban? Media members couldn't use the bathroom while he went

I hate to sound like the whiny mod-wannabee Bacon, but could someone please merge the two Saban poop threads? Thanks.

Staff Sergeant TIDE_gainer has a great deal of respect on the forumsTIDE_gainer has a great deal of respect on the forumsTIDE_gainer has a great deal of respect on the forumsTIDE_gainer has a great deal of respect on the forumsTIDE_gainer has a great deal of respect on the forumsTIDE_gainer has a great deal of respect on the forumsTIDE_gainer has a great deal of respect on the forumsTIDE_gainer has a great deal of respect on the forumsTIDE_gainer has a great deal of respect on the forumsTIDE_gainer has a great deal of respect on the forumsTIDE_gainer has a great deal of respect on the forums TIDE_gainer's Avatar

lol @ "Saban poop threads".

Master Gunnery Sergeant FreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forumsFreddieMac has a great deal of respect on the forums FreddieMac's Avatar

Hahaha, the real reason is that he did not want anyone him use that step stool for the urinal. It is tough on little people.
    I have made my peace with Les Miles, I want him to stay. Go away Michigan. It is is not the 11 games winning seasons or the Yoda like press conferences. He eats grass and knows Tiger Stadium grass taste best! That is a special brand of crazy I want to see of years to come! GEAUX TIGERS!

Corporal RAMPDAWG has a great deal of respect on the forumsRAMPDAWG has a great deal of respect on the forumsRAMPDAWG has a great deal of respect on the forumsRAMPDAWG has a great deal of respect on the forumsRAMPDAWG has a great deal of respect on the forumsRAMPDAWG has a great deal of respect on the forumsRAMPDAWG has a great deal of respect on the forumsRAMPDAWG has a great deal of respect on the forumsRAMPDAWG has a great deal of respect on the forumsRAMPDAWG has a great deal of respect on the forumsRAMPDAWG has a great deal of respect on the forums RAMPDAWG's Avatar

Little Nicky didn't want anyone to see tiny nicky.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/spacemunkey/UGAIV.jpg[IMG]

Master Gunnery Sergeant Heck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forums Heck Pup's Avatar

Nick Saban lives in a tree and bakes cookies.

+ Reply to Thread