+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Television Coverage

Gunnery Sergeant AURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forums AURex's Avatar

Television Coverage

In years past, I enjoyed watching the Tour de France. But not this year. I tuned in to the evening edition after work and was confronted with 5 minutes of commercials for every 1 minute of cycling. After an hour, I gave up. No way will I sit and watch endless commercials.

Unfortunately, NBC Sports will most likely do the same during the Olympics. And that sux. As a former swimmer, I like watching the swimming and diving competition. And the Olympics especially, since so little swimming gets televised other times.

But I will not sit through endless commercials just to see snippets of swimming. If NBC does that, I will not be watching.

Re: Television Coverage

The commercials can definitely ruin it. As for the Tour de France, Phil Ligget (the lead announcer), explained at some random point each day that they were pushing most of the commercials to the front of the broadcast so they could carry the end of the race without a commercial break. So if you tuned in right after that, it would have been miserable. I watched it off DVR and it was much better.

As for the Olympics, swimming will be broadcast quite a bit this year. It had very little coverage in the past, but with the extra channels, it's been picking up the last few Olympics. During the NBC Primetime, it will jump around from sport to sport and will irritate you if you only want to watch one sport. However, there are plenty of swimming specific time slots that I'm sure you'll love. Swimming starts Saturday morning on NBC.

Look at http://www.CustomSportsSchedule.com to see the full schedule in a better format than the official Olympic site has posted.

Banned Orgcrush has a great deal of respect on the forumsOrgcrush has a great deal of respect on the forumsOrgcrush has a great deal of respect on the forumsOrgcrush has a great deal of respect on the forumsOrgcrush has a great deal of respect on the forumsOrgcrush has a great deal of respect on the forumsOrgcrush has a great deal of respect on the forumsOrgcrush has a great deal of respect on the forumsOrgcrush has a great deal of respect on the forumsOrgcrush has a great deal of respect on the forumsOrgcrush has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by AURex View Post
    In years past, I enjoyed watching the Tour de France. But not this year. I tuned in to the evening edition after work and was confronted with 5 minutes of commercials for every 1 minute of cycling. After an hour, I gave up. No way will I sit and watch endless commercials.

Unfortunately, NBC Sports will most likely do the same during the Olympics. And that sux. As a former swimmer, I like watching the swimming and diving competition. And the Olympics especially, since so little swimming gets televised other times.

But I will not sit through endless commercials just to see snippets of swimming. If NBC does that, I will not be watching.
    That's why the baby jesus invented DVR, my man.

Gunnery Sergeant AURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forumsAURex has a great deal of respect on the forums AURex's Avatar

I don't watch much TV, so I don't have a DVR. But I do have a nifty videotape machine that automatically scans and skips commercials. So I suppose I can use that. It is good to know that there will be multiple channels of coverage, so I can watch swimming instead of professional basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by TheScheduleMan View Post
    Look at http://www.CustomSportsSchedule.com to see the full schedule in a better format than the official Olympic site has posted.
    Thanks for this link. This schedule is easy to navigate.

Looks like I'll have to set the videotape machine to record beach volleyball on Saturday morning. No way am I getting up at 4:00 AM eastern.

Master Sergeant Dawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forumsDawgilicious has a great deal of respect on the forums Dawgilicious's Avatar

They havent had much commercial break for soccer yet, they usually try to get a lot of sponsors to eliminate as many commercials as possible

2015 SECF Fantasy Football CHAMPION

Master Gunnery Sergeant ugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forums

AURex... I have always preferred the early morning live coverage of the Tour, so I actually record it on a DVD and watch it in the evening. I usually got up in time to catch the last thirty minutes or so live, but would watch the whole broadcast in the evening, skipping right through all the commercials.

I use those DVDs in the winter when I am riding my indoor trainer instead of riding outside in the dark and rain after work...
    Go Dawgs!

+ Reply to Thread