+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC 148-Biggest rematch in UFC history

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

UFC 148-Biggest rematch in UFC history

Shew this board is almost totally devoid of MMA fans. What could be the biggest rematch in UFC history will take place tomorrow in Las Vegas, when Anderson Silva defends his belt against Chael Sonnen. Sonnen, the only fighter in UFC history to even come close to defeating Anderson, hopes to win the title and knock AS off his MW perch. Silva is looking to do serious damage to Chael, anyone who listened to the UFC 148 conference call heard his comments about knocking out all of Sonnen's teeth and breaking his face. Anderson has NEVER spoken like that before or after a fight. He seems genuinely angry at Sonnen.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

MFR Doyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forums Doyle Hargraves's Avatar

Re: UFC 148-Biggest rematch in UFC history

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    Shew this board is almost totally devoid of MMA fans. What could be the biggest rematch in UFC history will take place tomorrow in Las Vegas, when Anderson Silva defends his belt against Chael Sonnen. Sonnen, the only fighter in UFC history to even come close to defeating Anderson, hopes to win the title and knock AS off his MW perch. Silva is looking to do serious damage to Chael, anyone who listened to the UFC 148 conference call heard his comments about knocking out all of Sonnen's teeth and breaking his face. Anderson has NEVER spoken like that before or after a fight. He seems genuinely angry at Sonnen.
    I used to watch the UFC/Pride all the time. Me, my bro in-law, and Pops would always pitch in and get almost all of the PPVs. I haven't really been keeping up since my Dad passed, but I'm starting to get back around to where I can watch again.

I watched the first fight, Sonnen whipped AS's azz for the entire fight. Well, that is until he got caught in the triangle with very little time left in the final round. I like Sonnen, he talks a lot of sh!t, but he can certainly back it up. He's without a doubt the very best in UFC at hyping a fight. I'll be routing for Chael and I think he's going to ground-N-pound out a victory in the rematch.

Moderator Bama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forumsBama_Man has a great deal of respect on the forums Bama_Man's Avatar

Ahh now I dunno bout all that. I think Sonnen fought just about the perfect fight against Anderson the first time and still didn't win; Anderson isn't the best P4P fighter on the planet for no reason.
    "Alabama's cornerbacks don't impress me one bit. They're overrated. Real men don't play zone defense and we'll show them a thing or two come January 1."

Miami WR Lamar Thomas, the weeks before the 1993 Sugar Bowl national title game.

MFR Doyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forumsDoyle Hargraves has a great deal of respect on the forums Doyle Hargraves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Man View Post
    Ahh now I dunno bout all that. I think Sonnen fought just about the perfect fight against Anderson the first time and still didn't win; Anderson isn't the best P4P fighter on the planet for no reason.
    I get what your sayin... And maybe I'm being optimistic about it in my observation/predicitions, but I just don't care much for Anderson Silvia.

USA, USA, USA!

Sorry Doyle, hate to do it :grin:

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

I wanted so much more out of that Silva/Sonnen fight. Sonnen absolutely hates Silva with a passion and it showed in that first round when he dominated. Then he whiffed on that backwards spinning elbow and that was it... very anti-climactic ending to what could have been an epic fight. I've been into UFC/MMA for awhile now I've just never really posted about it. Maybe we can get this forum hopping. Anyways, that Forrest Griffin/Tito Ortiz match was awesome, Griffin is one of my favorite fighters. Dong Hyun Kim is looking to be a rising star as well, sucks that he basically lost his fight due to a rib injury.

Master Gunnery Sergeant LSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forumsLSUTigers1404 has a great deal of respect on the forums LSUTigers1404's Avatar

I don't watch UFC much, but that Sonnan guy seemed like a douche. Silva put him in his place.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstud View Post
    LSU fans are like black people. They just seem to enjoy life more than the rest of us.

Sergeant RollTide86 has a great deal of respect on the forumsRollTide86 has a great deal of respect on the forumsRollTide86 has a great deal of respect on the forumsRollTide86 has a great deal of respect on the forumsRollTide86 has a great deal of respect on the forumsRollTide86 has a great deal of respect on the forumsRollTide86 has a great deal of respect on the forumsRollTide86 has a great deal of respect on the forumsRollTide86 has a great deal of respect on the forumsRollTide86 has a great deal of respect on the forumsRollTide86 has a great deal of respect on the forums RollTide86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LSUTigers1404 View Post
    I don't watch UFC much, but that Sonnan guy seemed like a douche. Silva put him in his place.
    For not watching much you are spot on
    "If you listen to fans too much, pretty soon you'll be sitting beside em.'' -Gene Stallings

''I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program.I can tell you that however you feel about it, i have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish.I want to win every game we play.''-Nick Saban 1/04/07

2 National Titles last five seasons. 49-5 record last four seasons. Roll Tide!

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

I love how it's conveniently glossed over my most people (and the UFC themselves just so they could hype the rematch) that Sonnen tested positive for 'roids shortly after the Silva fight, pretty much confirming anything dominance he had over him in that fight was all produced synthetically. Talking **** is fine, but when he started bringing Sliva's race, family, wife and home country into it, he need (and got) a massive beatdown. Don't think I've ever wanted someone to get their ass kicked more than Chael Sonnen.

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

Sonnen is definitely an aggressive douchy guy, but even Silva gives off passive douche vibes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast