+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horse Racing folks: Triple Crown "Near Misses"

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

Horse Racing folks: Triple Crown "Near Misses"

We've had a lot in my lifetime. Who do you think was the best horse to not do it? The most disappointing for you?

Big Brown '08
    Afleet Alex '05
    Smarty Jones '04
    Funny Cide '03
    Charasmatic '99
    Real Quiet '98
    Silver Charm '97

I think Smarty Jones was probably the best horse. Charismatic was the most disappointing for me (despite my age). Hurt his leg and still almost pulled out the victory.

Funny Cide was the best story. Afleet Alex missed the Derby...which I'm surprised hasn't happened more. It's a crapshoot anymore..too many horses.
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Cap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Horse Racing folks: Triple Crown "Near Misses"

I agree with you on Smarty Jones. He came so close! Looking forward to another Triple Crown run this year.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

I put $100 to win on Bodemeister in the KY Derb.

Staff Sergeant UK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forums UK'sRash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    I put $100 to win on Bodemeister in the KY Derb.
    He had a blistering pace for the Derby, but he wore himself out down the stretch. He almost got it though.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK'sRash View Post
    He had a blistering pace for the Derby, but he wore himself out down the stretch. He almost got it though.
    Yep. I think Bodemeister probably wins the shortened Preakness, but the Belmont probably not.

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

I'm pullin' for ya, I'll Have Another. It's been too f**king long.
    L's Down.

Master Sergeant IllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forumsIllinoisDawg63 has a great deal of respect on the forums IllinoisDawg63's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GR8NESS View Post
    We've had a lot in my lifetime. Who do you think was the best horse to not do it? The most disappointing for you?

Big Brown '08
    Afleet Alex '05
    Smarty Jones '04
    Funny Cide '03
    Charasmatic '99
    Real Quiet '98
    Silver Charm '97

I think Smarty Jones was probably the best horse. Charismatic was the most disappointing for me (despite my age). Hurt his leg and still almost pulled out the victory.

Funny Cide was the best story. Afleet Alex missed the Derby...which I'm surprised hasn't happened more. It's a crapshoot anymore..too many horses.
    two others to be included for a 2/3rds winner is Sunday Silence in 1989 and Alysheba in '87.

Weren't in my lifetime. I was only listing ones I remember.
    L's Down.

Sergeant MizzouRob has a great deal of respect on the forumsMizzouRob has a great deal of respect on the forumsMizzouRob has a great deal of respect on the forumsMizzouRob has a great deal of respect on the forumsMizzouRob has a great deal of respect on the forumsMizzouRob has a great deal of respect on the forumsMizzouRob has a great deal of respect on the forumsMizzouRob has a great deal of respect on the forumsMizzouRob has a great deal of respect on the forumsMizzouRob has a great deal of respect on the forumsMizzouRob has a great deal of respect on the forums MizzouRob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GR8NESS View Post

Big Brown '08
    Afleet Alex '05
    Smarty Jones '04
    Funny Cide '03
    Charasmatic '99
    Real Quiet '98
    Silver Charm '97

This is a toss-up between Smarty Jones and Sunday Silence. Everyone is familiar with SJ barely missing out on the bid for Crown, but Sunday Silence Faced a great horse (Easy Goer) and won 3 of 4 (The Derby, the Preakness, and the Breeders Cup Classic), while only losing once fading down the stretch in the Belmont. His Triple Crown bid was what turned me on to the sport originally.

Private First Class Colonel_Porker has a great deal of respect on the forumsColonel_Porker has a great deal of respect on the forumsColonel_Porker has a great deal of respect on the forumsColonel_Porker has a great deal of respect on the forumsColonel_Porker has a great deal of respect on the forumsColonel_Porker has a great deal of respect on the forumsColonel_Porker has a great deal of respect on the forumsColonel_Porker has a great deal of respect on the forumsColonel_Porker has a great deal of respect on the forumsColonel_Porker has a great deal of respect on the forumsColonel_Porker has a great deal of respect on the forums Colonel_Porker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK'sRash View Post
    It will get vacated because I'll have another sucks like Cal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast