+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 Class.

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

2013 Class.

Ever since Calipari got to UK, I had circled the year we just had as "our" year...we all knew MKG was a shoo-in from his sophomore year on, and he was the #1 player in the class at the time. I knew the 3rd year was when we would truly see a Cal team.

And since about the middle of last year, I've had 2013 circled (as has every other UK fan, I'm sure).

We're the favorites for 4 of the top 9 recruits (Harrison twins, Chris Walker, James Young) and we're still in contention for Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins (if he reclassifies), Julius Randle, and Aaron Gordon.

Thats 8 of the top 10 players in the country.

Oh, and Derrick Willis. And whatever we return off this team.

Yikes.
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: 2013 Class.

I've heard the constant speculation about UK having a grand recruiting year and honestly with Cal it happens every other year. Each year it's a #1 class but the odd year classes are always at a different level. I do wonder how much Noel reclassifying maybe takes the luster off that somewhat for 2013. I'm still looking forward to whatever Cal has in store for 2013... BTW, I doubt Chris Walker is fully in the plans. He might be listing us, but at this point, getting him would somewhat shock me. I think he has Florida written all over him.

There's a guy that's not quite top 10 that's down to us and UNC that has been on us for a while. I wonder where we really stand with him. Do you take him a 2/3 type player before a bigger target like say Parker, who would likely be harder to get, but would probably play on the wing, too?
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

I'm going to find Calipari and physically accost him if he drags the Harrison twins + Julius Randle out of this state.

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFight View Post
    I'm going to find Calipari and physically accost him if he drags the Harrison twins + Julius Randle out of this state.
    LOL. Just imagine how much Louisville fans hate the guy.
    L's Down.

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

No kidding. They probably want to string him up in the middle of town.

I like Calpari a lot, but losing on on three super blue players in your own state...that'd be tough to swallow.

They do. Really, really badly. And he gets jollies out of antagonizing them and Pitino.

I'd be surprised if we got Randle -- not so much the Harrison twins.
    L's Down.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

TF, is Texas even a factor in the Harrison Twins recruiting? I know you referenced the state in general and I realize Baylor is a factor at this point.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...ylor-maryland/

This pretty much lays it out. I image Texas is part of the "schools that can come up."

Just because they're not strongly considering Texas at this point doesn't mean I won't be disappointed. It sucks when super blue players leave state.

Their dad also said his boys aren't going to let their decision linger on like some top guys in 2012 did like Muhammad. To me, that's a sign the big four are the ones to beat. If they want to come to a relatively soon decision, that's a lot of ground for other schools to make up, especially with Cal being among the big four.
    -Storm

msudawgs1964

-fatboydog

-SCfan804

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFight View Post
    You were saying?
    L's Down.

+ Reply to Thread