+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumors that Frank Martin (K-State) could be South Carolina's next coach??

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums

Rumors that Frank Martin (K-State) could be South Carolina's next coach??

What do you all think of this? I would love this hire to be honest. The guy is a decent recruiter and gets realy animated on the court, Horn was pretty much the opposite. I'm hearing Greg Marshall is wanting a 7-year $2.5 mil contract to come here but he's asking for too much. Not sure why Martin would leave K-State to come here though, I know he wanted that Miami job since he's from there.

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/show...d=1017&style=2

Source does not seem too reliable but hopefully there's some truth.
    Last edited by SCgamecock2988; 03-20-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Rumors that Frank Martin (K-State) could be South Carolina's next coach??

If I'm Greg Marshall, I'm asking for those numbers, too. If USC really wants you ask them for the kitchen sink. If they don't you're going to stay at Wichita State for the time being, which is probably easier to win at anyway. He's in a great situation. As for Frank Martin, he'd certainly bring some cred there.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums

I think Martin comes off as abrasive/potentially abusive to some people when they see how he reacts to some mistakes his players make. But I think the guy is just cutthroat on the court but cares deeply for his players, you can see his postgame with Syracuse after they were knocked out to see how emotional he was.

Cal's Cats XPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forums XPS's Avatar

Would be a great hire: hard to believe he would leave Kansas St..

Master Sergeant SCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCfan804's Avatar

Would be a great hire, but I think we're being used as a ploy for a raise here.

Sergeant tigger2118 has a great deal of respect on the forumstigger2118 has a great deal of respect on the forumstigger2118 has a great deal of respect on the forumstigger2118 has a great deal of respect on the forumstigger2118 has a great deal of respect on the forumstigger2118 has a great deal of respect on the forumstigger2118 has a great deal of respect on the forumstigger2118 has a great deal of respect on the forumstigger2118 has a great deal of respect on the forumstigger2118 has a great deal of respect on the forumstigger2118 has a great deal of respect on the forums tigger2118's Avatar

I hope this isn't true. I thought we where done with this guy!

Captain rolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forums rolling baby's Avatar

I find it hard to believe that he wanted Miami and they passed on him, unless they heard some major dirt on this cat.
    "I am a true labourer: I earn that I eat, get
    that I wear, owe no man hate, envy no man's
    happiness, glad of other men's good"
    - Corin in Shakespeare's As You Like It

Corporal MIZZOU-ARCHON has a great deal of respect on the forumsMIZZOU-ARCHON has a great deal of respect on the forumsMIZZOU-ARCHON has a great deal of respect on the forumsMIZZOU-ARCHON has a great deal of respect on the forumsMIZZOU-ARCHON has a great deal of respect on the forumsMIZZOU-ARCHON has a great deal of respect on the forumsMIZZOU-ARCHON has a great deal of respect on the forumsMIZZOU-ARCHON has a great deal of respect on the forumsMIZZOU-ARCHON has a great deal of respect on the forumsMIZZOU-ARCHON has a great deal of respect on the forumsMIZZOU-ARCHON has a great deal of respect on the forums MIZZOU-ARCHON's Avatar

Not sure why he would leave k state for sc, he's got a good thing going. Its all about the $$$

Master Sergeant SCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCfan804 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCfan804's Avatar

We're a pretty rough situation to step into right now. Facilities are up to speed, but our roster is in shambles. It will take most likely two more crappy seasons before things can really begin to turn around.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

I disagree the roster is in shambles. Anthony Gill has a future in this game. Most programs don't have a four that good next year. Damien Leonard is a high quality shooter, regardless of percentage. Bruce Ellington devoting all his efforts toward hoops won't be a bad thing either. All you really need is three or four players in hoops. USC has them. You guys are on your way.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast