+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youth baseball...

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Rocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forums Rocky@theTop's Avatar

Youth baseball...

Anybody playing yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    Go Vols
    Quote Originally Posted by weegeman View Post
    Go Vols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummett_For_UK View Post
    Go Vols.

WVUfaninKY3

Re: Youth baseball...

Lexington Youth Baseball is in full swing.

Private fionazhnag is on a distinguished road

sounds good

Master Sergeant BigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forums BigBamaFan's Avatar

Well its not baseball but my daughters 12U softball team is at the mid way point with a 16-3 record. One of our 3 losses came to a B class travel ball team 8-4 one other to a 16 U team 4-3. The other was a bad day for both pitchers.

Oilfield Trash RedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forums RedNekTiger's Avatar
    All of you can go to Hell, I am going to Texas.

We just finished our 9-10 Pony Season. Had the most talented team in the league with 7 kids making one of the select teams out of the district. That means in a rec league, I had one of my all-stars playing CF.

We went 4-10. The team just would not gel. I have coached 19 teams in different sports and I have never seen kids have egos and attitudes like this. And the parents were worse. It got so that my son didn't even want to play anymore, he couldn't stand the atmosphere.

Got so bad, I actually had to be physically restrained by the coach of the team we were playing against to keep from going after one of the dads when he showered me with a cup of ice water because I wouldn't make a pitching change when HE thought I should. We also had two dads permenantly banned from the ballpark for berating the refs.

Then came our league tournament. Which began a week late. That comes into play in a minute.

I have always had a parents / kids game on the last practice of the year. So I did that the Thursday night before the touney started on Sat. And it clicked. All the egos went out the window, the kids remembered that baseball is supposed to be fun, and they quit listening the the bad apple parents (not all, some were great) at the fence and started to play for each other and have fun.

We were the 8th seed in a 8 team league. Double elimination. Saturday, we beat the one seed, who had clobbered us twice in the regular season, on the mercy rule 20-0 in 4 innings. Sunday, 20-3 in 4 innings on another mercy rule over the 4th seed. The boys were on fire.

And then, my son, the #3 hitter. The only kid that had an over the fence homer (2 of them, we play on an 11-12 yo field), my starting 1B. My on base machine, leaves. See when the season was supposed to be over, we had booked him a flight for the Monday after the tournament. Well, when it pushed back, it would have cost too much to change it. And anyway, we were the 8 seed, we would be 2 and done, right?

Well, you can guess the rest. We get behind the 2 seed and the team falls apart and we lose by 2. The next night was almost a fore gone conclusion, they came out, bickered and argued on the field and in the dugout, ran each other down, and we got mercy ruled.

Before the season, I told everyone that this was my last baseball team (I also have given up coaching basketball) and I am so glad it was. I will coach the football team and my girl's soccer team and sit in the stand and be my son's #1 fan from here on out.
    Yes, THAT damn cool.

"I don't get it. If the educational system has been adjusted to cater to women, why are there still so many stupid ones?" - Wronghorns January 23, 2006

RedNekTiger - The Anti-Metrosexual - mngvol March 7, 2007

Speaking about the Holy Bible - "Yes I agree should not be taken literally." -swampmonster July 7, 2008

I love Cocks!!! - Rebel5AC March 18, 2010

When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book. - Les Miles.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Good to see you posting, RNT.

Oilfield Trash RedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forums RedNekTiger's Avatar
    All of you can go to Hell, I am going to Texas.

Thanks Doc.
    Yes, THAT damn cool.

"I don't get it. If the educational system has been adjusted to cater to women, why are there still so many stupid ones?" - Wronghorns January 23, 2006

RedNekTiger - The Anti-Metrosexual - mngvol March 7, 2007

Speaking about the Holy Bible - "Yes I agree should not be taken literally." -swampmonster July 7, 2008

I love Cocks!!! - Rebel5AC March 18, 2010

When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book. - Les Miles.

WVUfaninKY3

Quote Originally Posted by RedNekTiger View Post
    We just finished our 9-10 Pony Season. Had the most talented team in the league with 7 kids making one of the select teams out of the district. That means in a rec league, I had one of my all-stars playing CF.

We went 4-10. The team just would not gel. I have coached 19 teams in different sports and I have never seen kids have egos and attitudes like this. And the parents were worse. It got so that my son didn't even want to play anymore, he couldn't stand the atmosphere.

Got so bad, I actually had to be physically restrained by the coach of the team we were playing against to keep from going after one of the dads when he showered me with a cup of ice water because I wouldn't make a pitching change when HE thought I should. We also had two dads permenantly banned from the ballpark for berating the refs.

Then came our league tournament. Which began a week late. That comes into play in a minute.

I have always had a parents / kids game on the last practice of the year. So I did that the Thursday night before the touney started on Sat. And it clicked. All the egos went out the window, the kids remembered that baseball is supposed to be fun, and they quit listening the the bad apple parents (not all, some were great) at the fence and started to play for each other and have fun.

We were the 8th seed in a 8 team league. Double elimination. Saturday, we beat the one seed, who had clobbered us twice in the regular season, on the mercy rule 20-0 in 4 innings. Sunday, 20-3 in 4 innings on another mercy rule over the 4th seed. The boys were on fire.

And then, my son, the #3 hitter. The only kid that had an over the fence homer (2 of them, we play on an 11-12 yo field), my starting 1B. My on base machine, leaves. See when the season was supposed to be over, we had booked him a flight for the Monday after the tournament. Well, when it pushed back, it would have cost too much to change it. And anyway, we were the 8 seed, we would be 2 and done, right?

Well, you can guess the rest. We get behind the 2 seed and the team falls apart and we lose by 2. The next night was almost a fore gone conclusion, they came out, bickered and argued on the field and in the dugout, ran each other down, and we got mercy ruled.

Before the season, I told everyone that this was my last baseball team (I also have given up coaching basketball) and I am so glad it was. I will coach the football team and my girl's soccer team and sit in the stand and be my son's #1 fan from here on out.

How in the world should 9-10 yr olds ever have ego problems is beyond me.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVUfaninKY3 View Post
    How in the world should 9-10 yr olds ever have ego problems is beyond me.
    That would be an egocentristic problem.

Gunnery Sergeant Urb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forumsUrb Gruber has a great deal of respect on the forums Urb Gruber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky@theTop View Post
    Anybody playing yet?
    To be honest, I think I am too old to be playing Youth baseball.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast