+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEC Awards

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

SEC Awards

Every year I post this thread where I ask you to select your SEC award winners. I'll compile all the numbers together and we'll see how our awards list stacks up against the Coaches and the Media's SEC Awards. On the All-SEC teams, I know the Coaches pick 8 guys, but for this sake let's go with only five. IT doesn't have to be a traditional line-up either (i.e. one of each position). Name your five best guys, regardless of position. That goes for All-Freshman, too. This thread is not meant to generate debate; it's only for picks. If you don't like what someone else says or disagree, it would be perfectly fine to start a new thread about it (which would be great in fostering discussion); please just don't saturate this thread with that. (If someone chooses anybody besides Arnett Moultrie for Newcomer of the Year, even if it sounds outrageous, start a new thread to debate it). It'll be hard for me to count all the votes.

Here's the list. Post your ideas.

SEC Player of the Year:
    SEC Coach of the Year:
    SEC Defender of the Year:
    SEC Freshman of the Year:
    SEC Sixth Man of the Year:
    All-SEC First Team (five players);
    All-SEC Second Team:
    All-SEC Defensive Team:
    All-SEC Freshman:
    SEC Newcomer of the Year:
    SEC Breakthrough Player of the Year:
    SEC Positive Surprise Team:
    SEC Negative Surprise Team:
    Best passer:
    Best scorer:
    Best shooter:
    Best shotblocker:
    Best rebounder:
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

WVUfaninKY3

Re: SEC Awards

Here's the list. Post your ideas.

SEC Player of the Year: Anthony Davis
    SEC Coach of the Year: John Calipari
    SEC Defender of the Year: Anthony Davis
    SEC Freshman of the Year: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    SEC Sixth Man of the Year: Darius Miller

Master Sergeant Wave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forums Wave&Dawgs's Avatar

I'll answer the ones I can:

SEC Coach of the Year: Cuonzo Martin
    SEC Freshman of the Year: Anthony Davis
    SEC Newcomer of the Year: Arnett Moultrie
    SEC Positive Surprise Team: Tennessee
    SEC Negative Surprise Team: Mississippi State
    Best passer: Dee Bost
    Best scorer: John Jenkins
    Best shooter: John Jenkins
    Best shotblocker: Anthony Davis
    Best rebounder: Arnett Moultrie
    REBEL5 AC before Ole Miss' 30-7 loss to Vanderbilt:
    Quote Originally Posted by REBEL5 AC View Post
    No homer, I really think this is the game we just destroy.

I'm attending Tulane, but I'm still a bulldog at heart!

Dan Mullen OWNS the school up north!

41-27
    31-23
    31-3
    17-10

WVUfaninKY3

Reminder, teams can only submit one player for POY or FOY cannot be the same names. AKA John Wall was POY while Cousins was FOY

Master Sergeant Wave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forumsWave&Dawgs has a great deal of respect on the forums Wave&Dawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVUfaninKY3 View Post
    Reminder, teams can only submit one player for POY or FOY cannot be the same names. AKA John Wall was POY while Cousins was FOY
    Fair enough, but Tubby specified in the OP it didn't have to be done like the coaches actually do it.

41-27
    31-23
    31-3
    17-10

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

SEC Freshman of the Year: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    All-SEC First Team (five players); Bost, Jenkins, Kidd-Gilchrist, Moultrie, Davis
    All-SEC Second Team: BJ Young, Boynton, Beal, Taylor, Jones
    All-SEC Defensive Team: Bost, Taylor, MKG, Jones, Davis
    All-SEC Freshman: Teague, BJ Young, Beal, MKG, Davis
    SEC Breakthrough Player of the Year: Justin Hamilton
    Best passer: Dee Bost
    Best scorer: Kenny Boynton
    Best rebounder: Anthony Davis
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

All-SEC First Team (five players); Boynton, Taylor, Kidd-Gilchrist, Moultrie, Davis
    All-SEC Second Team: Lamb, Boynton, Bost, Jenkins, TJones
    All-SEC Defensive Team: Bost, Taylor, MKG, Buckner, Davis
    All-SEC Freshman: Teague, BJ Young, Beal, MKG ,Davis
    SEC Breakthrough Player of the Year: Kenny Boynton
    Best passer: Marquis Teague
    Best scorer: Anthony Davis
    Best shooter: Doron Lamb
    Best rebounder: Arnett Moultrie

Seems like our lists are pretty similar Tubby, but I'm curious as to how you wouldn't have Jenkins as either your best scorer or shooter. 20 PPG is pretty impressive.

41-27
    31-23
    31-3
    17-10

Cal's Cats XPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forums XPS's Avatar

SEC Coach of the Year: Cal
    All-SEC First Team (five players); Dee Bost- John Jenkins- Michael Gilchrist-Terrence Jones- Anthony Davis
    All-SEC Second Team: Marquis Teague- Doron Lamb- Jeff Taylor- Arnett Moultrie- Festus Ezeli
    All-SEC Defensive Team: Trevor Releford- Michael Gilchrist-Jeff Taylor-Festus Ezeli Anthony Davis-
    All-SEC Freshman: Marquis Teague- BJ Young-Bradley Beal-Michael Gilchrist- Anthony Davis-
    SEC Breakthrough Player of the Year: Justin Hamilton
    SEC Positive Surprise Team: Tenn
    SEC Negative Surprise Team: Vandy
    Best passer: Marquis Teague
    Best scorer: Anthony Davis
    Best rebounder: Anthony Davis

XPS, I feel like newcomer of the year is typically given to the best transfer player. If not, it's no different than FOY.

41-27
    31-23
    31-3
    17-10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast