+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 weeks until 1st travel tournament of spring season.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Rocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forums Rocky@theTop's Avatar

Re: 4 weeks until 1st travel tournament of spring season.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstud View Post
    Rocky.....What is the age/height/weight of Lil' Rocky?
    5'4" 108#, 11yo

How big is you boy now?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    Go Vols
    Quote Originally Posted by weegeman View Post
    Go Vols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummett_For_UK View Post
    Go Vols.

Drama Queen dawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forums dawgstud's Avatar

He's a runt. 4'10" 86 lb 11 y/o 5th grader. He needs a growth spurt to hit soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorbabe aka "Skankalicious" View Post
    Dawgstud is SECF's Calipari ......

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Rocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forums Rocky@theTop's Avatar

He'll hit one soon. I'm going broke keeping mine in shoes that fit.
    Go Vols
    Go Vols.
    Go Vols.

Drama Queen dawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forums dawgstud's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky@theTop View Post
    I'll be honest with you, Rocky. A couple years ago I would've told you if my kid didn't play at least small college baseball I would've considered all this work a failure. And while I still think he's on a good path to pull that off (as his bat speed and hand/eye coordination are ridiculous) I really don't even care anymore. The memories he and I have made together make all the time and money invested oh so worth it. I'm really gonna miss these days when he's too cool to hang out with Dad in a couple years. Luckily for me he has a little brother!

I'll be honest with you, Rocky. A couple years ago I would've told you if my kid didn't play at least small college baseball I would've considered all this work a failure. And while I still think he's on a good path to pull that off (as his bat speed and hand/eye coordination are ridiculous) I really don't even care anymore. The memories he and I have made together make all the time and money invested oh so worth it. I'm really gonna miss these days when he's too cool to hang out with Dad in a couple years. Luckily for me he has a little brother!
    I know exactly what you mean. My kid is already moving in the direction of being too cool to hang out with dad. We've got Cooperstown coming up next summer... after that, he probably won't be my little boy anymore.
    Go Vols
    Go Vols.
    Go Vols.

Hey Stud,

Is your boy playing baseball this fall?
    Go Vols
    Go Vols.
    Go Vols.

Staff Sergeant thagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forums thagodfather's Avatar

Tennessee Re: 4 weeks until 1st travel tournament of spring season.

My son can already wear my shoes and clothing. He was measured and weighed this week for basketball and the results were 5'5" 143 at 12. So he added a couple of inches and dropped some pounds since he was last checked. He's pretty solid not fat at all. He has hit his spurt and it's amazing how fast he has grown. He will start to work with some free weights this winter. Dawgstud your boy will hit that growth spurt soon. I've seen kids the size of yours pass the kids my son's size in a year.

Staff Sergeant thagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forums thagodfather's Avatar

Great post. I hope that my son never gets to cool to hangout with me. He's my favorite fishing and hunting partner. My adult friends cannot compare.

Yes we are...

We played our 1st fall tourney this past weekend. Was proud of my Lil' Rocky... he hit a walk-off in the semi-finals and a grand slam in the championship game.

Right now we're using the fall tourneys as tryout for new players. We lost one who moved to Atlanta and is now playing for the East Cobb Indians and another who decided not to come back.
    Sounds like an exciting weekend for you guys. Nothing like a walk-off. Your boy is killing the ball. We won our tournament this weekend playing for the Komets from Knoxville. That's not my boy's normal team. We were off so he played for them. He has been offered a spot there so I have a decision to make. He went 12-15 for the weekend with no k's so he kept up his high average for the fall. Our team has won 2 of the 3 fall tournaments so far.

Hey Stud,

Is your boy playing baseball this fall?
    No.....It's the first Fall he hasn't played baseball since he was 5, but I felt he and his arm needed some down time. I wanted to focus on him gaining strength and flexibility so I got hooked up with a trainer who is REALLY good. I can already see a huge difference. He is filling in this weekend though with a team. I hope he hasn't forgotten how to play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12