+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 weeks until 1st travel tournament of spring season.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Rocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forums Rocky@theTop's Avatar

4 weeks until 1st travel tournament of spring season.

I am so ready for some baseball. This looks to be our last year of full time travel ball as Lil' Rocky will be moving to Middle School.

Stud/Godfather- what are your boys doing this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    Go Vols
    Quote Originally Posted by weegeman View Post
    Go Vols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummett_For_UK View Post
    Go Vols.

Staff Sergeant thagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forums thagodfather's Avatar

Tennessee Re: 4 weeks until 1st travel tournament of spring season.

How did your boy's travel team end up this season Rocky? Our Silver Eagles ended the season #1 in USSSA points in Tennessee in our classification but unfortunately did not participate in the state tournament because of scheduling conflicts with our Little League All Star team. At the beginning of the season it was hectic as I lost 2 players to the Knoxville Stars and 2 decided to play spring and summer basketball. However, it worked out ok as I was fortunate enough to add 3 former Greenville Lil Devils players that had been playing up for the Devils and wanted to find a team in their own age class. The season overall was successful and we ended the season by winning our final tournament. Always good to win that last one.

Drama Queen dawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forums dawgstud's Avatar

Re: 4 weeks until 1st travel tournament of spring season.

Quote Originally Posted by thagodfather View Post
    How did your boy's travel team end up this season Rocky? Our Silver Eagles ended the season #1 in USSSA points in Tennessee in our classification but unfortunately did not participate in the state tournament because of scheduling conflicts with our Little League All Star team. At the beginning of the season it was hectic as I lost 2 players to the Knoxville Stars and 2 decided to play spring and summer basketball. However, it worked out ok as I was fortunate enough to add 3 former Greenville Lil Devils players that had been playing up for the Devils and wanted to find a team in their own age class. The season overall was successful and we ended the season by winning our final tournament. Always good to win that last one.
    I always put more stock in power rating than USSSA points just b/c a lot of average teams get a lot of points playing a ton of tournaments. That's what USSSA bases bumping teams up on as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatorbabe aka "Skankalicious" View Post
    Dawgstud is SECF's Calipari ......

Staff Sergeant thagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forums thagodfather's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstud View Post
    I always put more stock in power rating than USSSA points just b/c a lot of average teams get a lot of points playing a ton of tournaments. That's what USSSA bases bumping teams up on as well.
    I understand the USSSA power ratings and points but thanks for clearing that up anyway. We were second in power rating so still a great season and we played in 9 tournaments, which is not a ton tournaments. We played mostly every other weekend, while other teams played mostly every weekend. We earned our rating and USSSA points. I'm not out to impress anyone. I was just letting Rockytop know how our season went.

Drama Queen dawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forumsdawgstud has a great deal of respect on the forums dawgstud's Avatar

I understand the USSSA power ratings and points but thanks for clearing that up anyway. We were second in power rating so still a great season and we played in 9 tournaments, which is not a ton tournaments. We played mostly every other weekend, while other teams played mostly every weekend. We earned our rating and USSSA points. I'm not out to impress anyone. I was just letting Rockytop know how our season went.
    I wasn't attempting to diminish your accomplishments. Sorry it read in a way that was not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgstud View Post
    I wasn't attempting to diminish your accomplishments. Sorry it read in a way that was not intended.
    Not a problem friend.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Rocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forumsRocky@theTop has a great deal of respect on the forums Rocky@theTop's Avatar

We had a great seasaon. Particiapted in 15 tournaments (8 in 11U, 7 in 12U) and won 7 and runners-up in 3. We played tournaments across the SouthEast and Ohio. At the mid-point of the season, we decided to play up an age and 12U for the remainer of the season. We've won so much over the last 2 years, we decided to forgo all the hardware and player a little stiffer competition to get the boys ready for middle school. I've got a former MLB'er giving my son hitting lessons on a weekly basis and it's made such a difference. Everyone one of our players made their middle school teams except 1 who is only in the 5th grade... it's funny because none of them go to the same middle school. Our 5th grader is an athletic prodigy who's mom played basketball at Auburn and dad was a football player under Tuberville at Auburn. He'll have no touble making the team next year.

We're currently juggling baseball and football for the fall. I'm not crazy about him playing football, but he's the QB at his middle school. We'll work in about 4-5 baseball tournaments this fall before shutting it down.

Within the last month we decided to resurrect our team next year after the middle school season. We're going to do 4 local tournaments and end the year in Cooperstown for the finale.
    Go Vols
    Go Vols.
    Go Vols.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky@theTop View Post
    We had a great seasaon. Particiapted in 15 tournaments (8 in 11U, 7 in 12U) and won 7 and runners-up in 3. We played tournaments across the SouthEast and Ohio. At the mid-point of the season, we decided to play up an age and 12U for the remainer of the season. We've won so much over the last 2 years, we decided to forgo all the hardware and player a little stiffer competition to get the boys ready for middle school. I've got a former MLB'er giving my son hitting lessons on a weekly basis and it's made such a difference. Everyone one of our players made their middle school teams except 1 who is only in the 5th grade... it's funny because none of them go to the same middle school. Our 5th grader is an athletic prodigy who's mom played basketball at Auburn and dad was a football player under Tuberville at Auburn. He'll have no touble making the team next year.

We're currently juggling baseball and football for the fall. I'm not crazy about him playing football, but he's the QB at his middle school. We'll work in about 4-5 baseball tournaments this fall before shutting it down.

Within the last month we decided to resurrect our team next year after the middle school season. We're going to do 4 local tournaments and end the year in Cooperstown for the finale.
    Sounds like you guys had another great season. Are you guys playing as the Muddogs still?

Sounds like you guys had another great season. Are you guys playing as the Muddogs still?
    Yes we are...

We played our 1st fall tourney this past weekend. Was proud of my Lil' Rocky... he hit a walk-off in the semi-finals and a grand slam in the championship game.

Right now we're using the fall tourneys as tryout for new players. We lost one who moved to Atlanta and is now playing for the East Cobb Indians and another who decided not to come back.
    Go Vols
    Go Vols.
    Go Vols.

Rocky.....What is the age/height/weight of Lil' Rocky?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast