+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poythress with great game.

Cal's Cats XPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forums XPS's Avatar

Poythress with great game.

Northeast’s Alex Poythress delivered an impressive performance in the Eagles’ season opener Saturday night.
    The Kentucky signee had 36 points, seven rebounds, four dunks and three blocked shots in Northeast’s 63-57 win at Christ Presbyterian Academy.
    “There’s a reason why he’s going to Kentucky, and he showed every bit of it tonight,” Eagles Coach Al Cooper said. “Everything from around the rim to facing the basket to just making his teammates better was impressive. I’ll say this — I’m just glad I don’t have to coach against him.”
    A near-capacity crowd of about 1,100 was on hand to watch the matchup between Poythress and CPA’s Jalen Lindsey, a 6-foot-6 sophomore who has five Division I offers.
    “I love going against him because it always makes me better to go against somebody who signed with Kentucky,” Lindsey said. “He’s great, a real good player — physical. He’s real, real skilled. I really respect his game.”
    CPA (1-1) normally plays man-to-man defense, but the Lions switched to a 2-3 zone in the hopes of containing Poythress.
    It didn’t work as the 6-foot-8 forward hit 15 of 20 from the floor and six of six from the free-throw line.
    “You love everything about Alex and his gift set,” said CPA Coach Drew Maddux, a former Vanderbilt player. “I’ve been a big fan of his for a long time and just love his versatility and his ability to play very physical. His ability to step out and make jump shots makes him a multiple threat and so he’s very tough to guard.”
    Poythress blocked one CPA jump shot four rows into the stands.
    Lindsey had 13 rebounds and eight points on 3-for-8 shooting. Poythress guarded Lindsey in Northeast’s man-to-man defense.
    “It was a pretty good matchup,” Poythress said. “He’s young and he’s got a lot of potential.”
    CPA played without point guard Craig Bradshaw, who suffered a concussion in Thursday’s season-opening win over Cane Ridge. The Belmont signee is expected to return for Tuesday’s game against Station Camp.
    The Lions were also without Thomas Richard, an All-District 10-AA swingman who is out with a knee injury.
    CPA led 47-42 after three quarters, but Northeast (1-0) outscored the Lions 21-10 during the final eight minutes.
    Jake Allsmiller scored 14 points to lead four Lions in double figures. Guard Michael Pardue added 13 points for the Eagles.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Poythress with great game.

I might need to go see him this year as he plays about an hour away from me.
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Cal's Cats XPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forums XPS's Avatar

Re: Poythress with great game.

Quote Originally Posted by kentubbybasketball View Post
    I might need to go see him this year as he plays about an hour away from me.
    Sounds good KT. Report back.

+ Reply to Thread