+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Preseason SEC Media Picks

Staff Sergeant UK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forums UK'sRash's Avatar

Preseason SEC Media Picks

Preseason Media Poll Pts
    Kentucky (18) -- 282
    Vanderbilt (4) -- 265
    Florida (1) -- 235
    Alabama -- 219
    Mississippi State -- 191
    Arkansas -- 154
    Ole Miss -- 119
    Georgia -- 108
    LSU -- 91
    Auburn -- 80
    Tennessee -- 71
    South Carolina -- 57

*First-Place Votes in Parentheses

First Team All-SEC
    JaMychal Green, Alabama F, 6-8, 228, Sr., Montgomery, Ala.
    Terrence Jones, Kentucky F, 6-9, 252, So., Portland, Ore.
    Dee Bost, Mississippi State G, 6-2, 176, Sr. , Concord, N.C.
    John Jenkins, Vanderbilt G, 6-4, 220, Jr., Hendersonville, Tenn.
    Jeffery Taylor, Vanderbilt G/F, 6-7, 225, Sr., Norrkoping, Sweden

Second Team All-SEC
    Anthony Davis, Kentucky F, 6-10, 220, Fr., Chicago, Ill.
    Doron Lamb, Kentucky G, 6-4, 210, So., Queens, N.Y.
    Darius Miller, Kentucky G, 6-8, 235, Sr., Maysville, Ky.
    Kenny Boynton, Florida G, 6-2, 189, Jr., Pompano Beach, Fla.
    Erving Walker, Florida G, 5-8, 177, Sr., Brooklyn, N.Y.
    Festus Ezeli, Vanderbilt C, 6-11, 255, Sr., Benin City, Nigeria

Staff Sergeant UK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forumsUK'sRash has a great deal of respect on the forums UK'sRash's Avatar

Re: Preseason SEC Media Picks

Some thoughts.

Jeffery Taylor on first team doesn't sit with me. Festus should have been above him.
    Good to see Dee Bost get on the team. Not many 10 year vets in this league make these lists.
    Darius Miller making it was a pleasant surprise although I think he won't be on there at the end of the year. Hard to make these lists when you wuss out every 3rd game.
    When are these old curmudgeons going to learn that freshman can make 1st team. Davis is going to be a 1st team guy and possibly POY.
    Speaking of freshman where is Bradley Beal? Guy is going to be the best player on the Florida team. He should have been on it over both Walker and Boynton.

I'm surprise Jones got POY. I think he could get it, but I thought for sure that Jenkins would get that. I also think that Green could sneak in there and get the award by the end of the year.

Moderator GR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forumsGR8NESS has a great deal of respect on the forums GR8NESS's Avatar

Lol @ walker and boyton. Beal and Rosario are better than them.
    Kentucky 41 - Louisville 38.
    L's Down.

Cal's Cats XPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forums XPS's Avatar

Good stuff Rash.

Cal's Cats XPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forumsXPS has a great deal of respect on the forums XPS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK'sRash View Post
    Some thoughts.

Jeffery Taylor on first team doesn't sit with me. Festus should have been above him.
    Good to see Dee Bost get on the team. Not many 10 year vets in this league make these lists.
    Darius Miller making it was a pleasant surprise although I think he won't be on there at the end of the year. Hard to make these lists when you wuss out every 3rd game.
    When are these old curmudgeons going to learn that freshman can make 1st team. Davis is going to be a 1st team guy and possibly POY.
    Speaking of freshman where is Bradley Beal? Guy is going to be the best player on the Florida team. He should have been on it over both Walker and Boynton.

I'm surprise Jones got POY. I think he could get it, but I thought for sure that Jenkins would get that. I also think that Green could sneak in there and get the award by the end of the year.
    I agree about Taylor and would take Fes over him everyday and twice on Sunday. Taylor disappears to much for my liken. I hope Miller can live up to the second team.

Quote Originally Posted by UK'sRash View Post
    Some thoughts.

I agree about Taylor and would take Fes over him everyday and twice on Sunday. Taylor disappears to much for my liken. I hope Miller can live up to the second team.

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Rosario and Beal are more of a concern for me as it pertains to Florida than Walker and Boynton, but all four are great talents.

I like Jeff Taylor and many think he's the best defender in the league and it's not like he doesn't score in the 12-15 range either, so I think that's justifiable. Ezeli is gonna have to rebound better and get more minutes if he deserves to be ahead of Taylor. THat said, I would draft Ezeli before Taylor if I had to draft or something.

Dee Bost first team surprises me somewhat. I think he'd be a good second team player, but I'm not sure I'd have him in the top 5 talents in the SEC.

Glad to see Darius Miller there. As SECT MVP, that's understandable, but he's gotta be more consistent to stay on that list.

I am shocked UT has fallen all the way to #11. That seems like too much of a drop to me.

I don't mind seeing TJones as POY. If anything I think it's justified. I mean, if you're gonna reward the best team, it's gonna be him or Davis. (Chandler Parsons did in fact win it last year).
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

Brigadier General kentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forumskentubbybasketball has a great deal of respect on the forums

Gary Parrish on Anthony Davis' placement on the list.

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blo...83066/32916779
    KT is so knowelegable about basketball, he can back his **** up. He can rip a program 6 ways to Sunday, yet turn around in the next breath and explain why that same program should/could/will be/is a great program.
    -Storm

I like and respect kentubby, he does know his stuff when it concerns college basketball.
    msudawgs1964

This board would be boring if it wasn't for Kentubby's posts and the responses he gets.
    -fatboydog

Kentubby is one of my favorite posters on this board. Sure he has some personal views, but this board would be so if everyone agreed all the time that it wouldn't be worth going to. I'd challenge you to find another poster on this board that knows as much about EVERY SEC team as he does. He knows more about lowly South Carolina and our recruiting then alot of our own fans do. It would be a sad day for the basketball forum if he ever left.
    -SCfan804

The Legend Killer Djshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forumsDjshockley3 has a great deal of respect on the forums Djshockley3's Avatar

Ole Miss over UGA?

+ Reply to Thread