+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Uga, uf, usc...

The Bruce Dickinson of SECF Wronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forumsWronghorns has a great deal of respect on the forums Wronghorns's Avatar

Uga, uf, usc...

So honestly, why are you guys so against your in-state "foes" joining the SEC? It's not as if you don't already have to recruit against them, so what's this whole step-brother thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedNekTiger View Post
    Well I live in WV, I am from LA and I got a house in TX. So I will most likely die from a heart attack or VD, but I was too dumb to graduate high school, so I probably won't even notice.

Moderator USC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forums USC90's Avatar

Re: Uga, uf, usc...

The SEC > the ACC. Being in the SEC gives us a recruiting advantage. We want to keep that advantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    Most posters here are so far to the right that they make usc90 seem like a hippie.

Staff Sergeant SCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCBobo85's Avatar

Speaking for Carolina, its personal. Clemson's leadership has attempted to undermine, and at one point attempted to literally destroy our university since their founding in the 1880s. More recently, in the 1970's Clemson and Carolina had an agreement to both leave the ACC due to the ridiculous preferential treatment the Tobacco Road schools received. However at the last minute, as a strategic move, Clemson backed out (turns out they never had any intent to leave) and as such we suffered through "independence" until joining the SEC in 1992. We were building a pretty decent basketball program at the time we left, which almost immediately went to shambles, as there was no conference championship for which to compete (specifically the ACC championship). Clemson also used conference affiliation to their advantage against us in recruiting, not to mention the money that it provided. Its one of the theories of why we've had virtually no success in any sport (save the 1984 football season) until the past decade. I think for us, its a bit about payback. We're now reaping the benefits of competing in and against the best conference and teams in the country, while Clemson is getting perennially shat on by the Tobacco Road schools and John Swofford. (Ask any Clemson fan, they'll agree with me).
    Arsenal till I die, Iím Arsenal till I die
    I know I am, Iím sure I am
    Iím Arsenal till i dieÖ

Staff Sergeant SCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCBobo85 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCBobo85's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by USC90 View Post
    The SEC > the ACC. Being in the SEC gives us a recruiting advantage. We want to keep that advantage.
    I don't really think that holds up so much. Clemson has always recruited well, even in the ACC, and has for the most part out recruited us (based on stars) more often than not. Now player development is another story entirely.
    Iím Arsenal till i dieÖ

Moderator USC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forumsUSC90 has a great deal of respect on the forums USC90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCBobo85 View Post
    I don't really think that holds up so much. Clemson has always recruited well, even in the SEC, and has for the most part out recruited us (based on stars) more often than not. Now player development is another story entirely.
    We are finally beating them for the best talent in SC. They can go outside the state all they want, but we need to keep our advantage in SC. That's what this is about for UGa, UF and USC: comparative advantage in the home state.
    Most posters here are so far to the right that they make usc90 seem like a hippie.

Quote Originally Posted by USC90 View Post
    We are finally beating them for the best talent in SC. They can go outside the state all they want, but we need to keep our advantage in SC. That's what this is about for UGa, UF and USC: comparative advantage in the home state.
    Fair enough
    Iím Arsenal till i dieÖ

True Maroon OffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forums OffThePorch's Avatar

We can get just about any player we want over USM,,, UM on the other hand also being an SEC team... we have to fight with them for the better players.. so it does make it tougher..

2nd Lieutenant SCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forumsSCgamecock2988 has a great deal of respect on the forums SCgamecock2988's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scbobo85 View Post
    speaking for carolina, its personal. Clemson's leadership has attempted to undermine, and at one point attempted to literally destroy our university since their founding in the 1880s. More recently, in the 1970's clemson and carolina had an agreement to both leave the acc due to the ridiculous preferential treatment the tobacco road schools received. However at the last minute, as a strategic move, clemson backed out (turns out they never had any intent to leave) and as such we suffered through "independence" until joining the sec in 1992. We were building a pretty decent basketball program at the time we left, which almost immediately went to shambles, as there was no conference championship for which to compete (specifically the acc championship). Clemson also used conference affiliation to their advantage against us in recruiting, not to mention the money that it provided. Its one of the theories of why we've had virtually no success in any sport (save the 1984 football season) until the past decade. I think for us, its a bit about payback. We're now reaping the benefits of competing in and against the best conference and teams in the country, while clemson is getting perennially shat on by the tobacco road schools and john swofford. (ask any clemson fan, they'll agree with me).
    Qfmft.

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

Speaking strictly about Tech I don't care if they come to the SEC or not. We beat them when they are in the ACC we would beat them in the SEC. I however don't want FSU in the SEC strictly from a recruiting standpoint.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Quote Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
    Qfmft.
    I still see UNC as the biggest villain in the ACC soap opera. Clemson is/was just UNC's ***** when it comes to conference politics. The Tigers didn't create the problem and tried to get UNC to let us come back without onerous conditions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast