+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throwing BP to your son....

Staff Sergeant thagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forumsthagodfather has a great deal of respect on the forums thagodfather's Avatar

Tennessee Re: Throwing BP to your son....

Lol, as is the case sometimes Herschel.

Gunnery Sergeant Carolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forumsCarolina Razorback has a great deal of respect on the forums Carolina Razorback's Avatar

Re: Throwing BP to your son....

My sons are done with baseball but my daughter will play softball for a couple of more years. She says she wants to do tournament ball this season but don't know if I want the hassle of prying her out of bed at 6:30 am on Saturday, finding uniform components, making lunches and drinks, and then playing 5 games. Then come back on Sunday for 2 or 3 more games.

It has been a great privilege for me though to be able to do this. It's something I hope they will remember forever and pass along down to their children.

OTP must spread.

Oilfield Trash RedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forums RedNekTiger's Avatar
    All of you can go to Hell, I am going to Texas.

Depends on the season. In the winter, we are in the gym shooting free throws and working on reacting to where the ball comes off the board for rebounds.

In the spring, throwing BP and hitting grounders and pop-ups.

In the fall, working on stances and hand techniques and drawing up plays and scenarios.

Throw in some hunting and fishing along the way. Doesn't matter what we are doing, as long as we are doing it together.

But football practice starts a week from Monday. He has filled out a lot since last year. Up to a size 6 to 7 shoe, adult Medium shirts, not sure what his height and weight are, but he has grown. Big push since baseball ended has been speed work. As a d lineman, he fell in love with Nick Fairley's game last year. Made me DVR AU games so he could watch him. Also watched Drake Nevis over and over. And what he got out of that was that he needed more speed off the ball and in pursuit.

So all year, he has been doing sprints up the hill behind our house. And this is a STEEP hill that I can barely walk. Now he will drive me and the wife crazy springting up and down the stairs working on running on the balls of his feet. Last month, got him a wind chute and he took a tape measure and measured off 40 yards and will run it with the chute. And yesterday, duct taped some pillows to a tree and started firing out of his 3 and 4 point stances into it. Yeah, I think he is ready for the season to start.

The greatest thing about this age is that I still get to be involved in coaching football, baseball and basketball. Though this year, he has been invited to play on an AAU travel ball team for basketball. He will still play in our local rec league, and I will get to coach that, but for the tournament team, I will spend my first season in the stands. I figure three more football seasons and maybe two more baseball seasons and I will have to sit back and watch. So I am going to enjoy every minute I get to spend working with him on th efield or the court.

And it is not just the working with him, there is no greater pleasure as a youth coach than when that scrub kid, that has never played, or just sucks, finally gets to make the big hit, or catch, or tackle, or basket or whatever. THAT is why kids should play sports. And I love it when my players come up to me in town, excited to see me and talk about next years team and what they have been working on. I am honored to be a small part of their lives.

I joke all the time that the only reason I have a job is to support my coaching habit. That is not totally true. I also need to have a job so I can get the company to sponsor the teams.
    Yes, THAT damn cool.

"I don't get it. If the educational system has been adjusted to cater to women, why are there still so many stupid ones?" - Wronghorns January 23, 2006

RedNekTiger - The Anti-Metrosexual - mngvol March 7, 2007

Speaking about the Holy Bible - "Yes I agree should not be taken literally." -swampmonster July 7, 2008

I love Cocks!!! - Rebel5AC March 18, 2010

When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book. - Les Miles.

Oilfield Trash RedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forums RedNekTiger's Avatar
    All of you can go to Hell, I am going to Texas.

And I think I actually enjoy coaching my daughter's soccer team more. Last year was my first undefeated team in any sport. Those girls have more competitive drive than I would have ever imagined.
    Yes, THAT damn cool.

"I don't get it. If the educational system has been adjusted to cater to women, why are there still so many stupid ones?" - Wronghorns January 23, 2006

RedNekTiger - The Anti-Metrosexual - mngvol March 7, 2007

Speaking about the Holy Bible - "Yes I agree should not be taken literally." -swampmonster July 7, 2008

I love Cocks!!! - Rebel5AC March 18, 2010

When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book. - Les Miles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12