+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dabo Swinney fires OC Billy Napier and RB coach Andre Powell

Master Gunnery Sergeant ACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forums ACCFanInTraining's Avatar

Dabo Swinney fires OC Billy Napier and RB coach Andre Powell

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=9247

Andre Powell was an easy decision. Special teams are still plagued with problems and really none of his RB's have progressed well under his watch. That includes James Davis and CJ Spiller.

Napier is tough. He was put in a bad situation by Swinney from the beginning. But Clemson does need an experienced OC and a good QB coach. I think Jeff Scott needs to go at WR coach too, but that will probably cause problems with his dad....although, my feelings would not be hurt if Brad Scott was let go too.

No word on who the replacement would be. I would really like Friedgen if he'd be willing to be an OC again.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps scgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forumsscgamecock312 has a great deal of respect on the forums scgamecock312's Avatar

Re: Dabo Swinney fires OC Billy Napier and RB coach Andre Powell

Looks like you might lose Mike Bellamy as well.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Optik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forums Optik's Avatar

I hope Peake opens his recruitment back up, lol. I know he won't...but I wish he would.

I have heard RF's name, but mostly have heard that the leading candidate for OC for you guys is...Greg Davis. From Texas. That a joke?

UT - The University of TENNESSEE! TexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forumsTexasFight has a great deal of respect on the forums TexasFight's Avatar

For Clemson's sake I hope it is

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Optik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forums Optik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFight View Post
    For Clemson's sake I hope it is
    That is exactly what I was thinking.

I am a little surprised they didn't try to get Napier to just move to recruiting coordinator and position coach or something like that. I guess he probably wouldn't take the step down, but losing his recruiting ability is going to hurt the Tigers bad.

Master Gunnery Sergeant ACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forumsACCFanInTraining has a great deal of respect on the forums ACCFanInTraining's Avatar

Not sure, if Napier was offered a position coach. But honestly, he hasn't impressed that much at a QB coach either. He would have to be a better WR coach than Jeff Scott though. But in the end, if he were offered a demotion, he probably would not take it.

Greg Davis? For real?

Tigernet is reporting that Bellamy is still solid with Clemson. Take it for what its worth.

I'd take Rich Rod or the Whale. RR was one of the best playcallers we ever had and the recruiting class we have plus Boyd would be perfect for his offense.

Hah, just read the TN article on Sammy Watkins. Maybe this is why the Scott's are still there:

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=9250
    “They all called me and I just got off the phone with them,” Watkins told TigerNet. “They told me about it. But it doesn’t affect me at all, because it’s a business and things happen. For guys like me and Charone [Peake] and Mike [Bellamy], it doesn’t affect us at all. Sometimes you have to take the next step. As long as Coach [Brad] Scott, Coach Swinney and the receivers coach [Jeff Scott] don’t go anywhere, then I’m alright.

Sergeant ChickenCurse has a great deal of respect on the forumsChickenCurse has a great deal of respect on the forumsChickenCurse has a great deal of respect on the forumsChickenCurse has a great deal of respect on the forumsChickenCurse has a great deal of respect on the forumsChickenCurse has a great deal of respect on the forumsChickenCurse has a great deal of respect on the forumsChickenCurse has a great deal of respect on the forumsChickenCurse has a great deal of respect on the forumsChickenCurse has a great deal of respect on the forumsChickenCurse has a great deal of respect on the forums ChickenCurse's Avatar

Hopefully our current class will remain in tact. I was really hoping Napier would just do us all a favor by packing his stuff and heading to Furman.
    "Carolina's in Chapel Hill and USC's in California"

Captain rolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forumsrolling baby has a great deal of respect on the forums rolling baby's Avatar

Dabose should've never been Clemson's HC. That school must have low self-esteem.
    "I am a true labourer: I earn that I eat, get
    that I wear, owe no man hate, envy no man's
    happiness, glad of other men's good"
    - Corin in Shakespeare's As You Like It

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast