+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Auburn fans...

Master Sergeant HIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forums

Question for Auburn fans...

Over the holidays one of my Auburn friends said that 4 or 5 players may be ineligible for the Championship game for academic reasons. He said he heard Fairley may be one of them but wasn't sure. I told him it would never happen (he's told me before that Cam doesn't go to class) and he's been eligible. Well, now that same rumor seems to be leaking into other message boards but now it's up to 8 possible players. Have you guys heard anything? Do you really think Auburn would bench these players for academic reasons either way? Any info I can get would be appreciative.... I"m putting a fairly large bet on this game.

Master Sergeant aufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forums aufan59's Avatar

Re: Question for Auburn fans...

Quote Originally Posted by HIGHTIDES View Post
    Over the holidays one of my Auburn friends said that 4 or 5 players may be ineligible for the Championship game for academic reasons. He said he heard Fairley may be one of them but wasn't sure. I told him it would never happen (he's told me before that Cam doesn't go to class) and he's been eligible. Well, now that same rumor seems to be leaking into other message boards but now it's up to 8 possible players. Have you guys heard anything? Do you really think Auburn would bench these players for academic reasons either way? Any info I can get would be appreciative.... I"m putting a fairly large bet on this game.
    Auburn is a lock with or without these players. You might get a more favorable line if you wait though.
    I believe in God,
    the Father almighty,
    Creator of heaven and earth,
    and in Jesus Christ,
    his only Son, our Lord,
    who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
    born of the Virgin Mary,
    suffered under Pontius Pilate,
    was crucified,
    died and was buried;
    he descended into hell;
    on the third day he rose again from the dead;
    he ascended into heaven,
    and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
    from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
    I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the holy catholic Church,
    the communion of saints,
    the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurrection of the body,
    and life everlasting.
    Amen

Master Sergeant HIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forumsHIGHTIDES has a great deal of respect on the forums

I agree... and I agree!

Master Sergeant aufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forumsaufan59 has a great deal of respect on the forums aufan59's Avatar

If Cam Newton is doing sociology at Auburn... he doesn't have to attend class to pass.
    I believe in God,
    the Father almighty,
    Creator of heaven and earth,
    and in Jesus Christ,
    his only Son, our Lord,
    who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
    born of the Virgin Mary,
    suffered under Pontius Pilate,
    was crucified,
    died and was buried;
    he descended into hell;
    on the third day he rose again from the dead;
    he ascended into heaven,
    and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
    from there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
    I believe in the Holy Spirit,
    the holy catholic Church,
    the communion of saints,
    the forgiveness of sins,
    the resurrection of the body,
    and life everlasting.
    Amen

Hahahaha. Very true!

I've heard plenty of Bama fans says that he doesn't go to class (shocker!)... but now I've heard Auburn fans say the same thing (why they say he's definitely going pro, doesn't like school). I figure if that's true and he's eligible, they're not going to suspend other players for anything to do with academics. Unless Cam is still doing his work without attending class or something. Who knows. I don't really care.

Gunnery Sergeant Friedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forumsFriedchickenman has a great deal of respect on the forums Friedchickenman's Avatar

Details are sketchy at the moment, only real lead is to Terrell Zachary possibly being unavailable but that's just a rumor and based off of the supposition that it was odd that he's been made unavailable for interviews. Fairley should be fine as he's been allowed for interviews, etc, same with the rest of the players.
    War Damn Eagle

Thanks Chickenman.

Sergeant wareaglewade has a great deal of respect on the forumswareaglewade has a great deal of respect on the forumswareaglewade has a great deal of respect on the forumswareaglewade has a great deal of respect on the forumswareaglewade has a great deal of respect on the forumswareaglewade has a great deal of respect on the forumswareaglewade has a great deal of respect on the forumswareaglewade has a great deal of respect on the forumswareaglewade has a great deal of respect on the forumswareaglewade has a great deal of respect on the forumswareaglewade has a great deal of respect on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by HIGHTIDES View Post
    Oh man, you caught us.

Newton has never attended a class at Auburn. He just sits around the gold-plated mansion we bought him and counts all the money we paid his dad. It's OK though, he doesn't know we bought him the mansion, so we're in the clear with the NCAA. In fact, we've funneled so much money through his dad's church, his dad is going to be named pope soon. It will be announced via the release of green smoke from the Vatican, which he will then rename "Cam city."

Thanks for exposing us.

Quote Originally Posted by wareaglewade View Post
    Oh man, you caught us.

Newton has never attended a class at Auburn. He just sits around the gold-plated mansion we bought him and counts all the money we paid his dad. It's OK though, he doesn't know we bought him the mansion, so we're in the clear with the NCAA. In fact, we've funneled so much money through his dad's church, his dad is going to be named pope soon. It will be announced via the release of green smoke from the Vatican, which he will then rename "Cam city."

Thanks for exposing us.
    Yep. That's the point of that message. Thanks for the contribution!

For the record, I think you'd be surprised how many athletes don't go to class. When I was at Alabama tons of players were skipping class. I know cause I had class with them. When I was in college all my closest friends went to Auburn and they said that players never went to class. The guys that told me about Cam said "I heard he stopped going to class a while back so everyone thinks he's set on going pro." (which leads me to believe he went at some point). And they are complete Auburn homers. Who knows if it's actually true though.. I don't care one bit about that. And seriously, I'm sure you made similar comments when accusations about the Sociology dept were coming out. Well, hopefully you had a little more humor then cause that attempt was a swing and a miss.

Funny thing is Charles Barkley just recently said on JOX when asked about class, "When you lead the SEC in rebounds, you don't go to class."

MFR Bubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forums Bubba's Avatar

Auburn will not win without Cam period. not to mention their defensive stud.

War Eagle nation and Team SEC better hope all the players play.
    ALL HAIL BRET BIELEMA AND GLORIOUS ARKANSAS!!!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    ~George Washington

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast