+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" stories thread

Master Gunnery Sergeant ugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forums

Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" stories thread

I decided to take you up on this one, Cuz...

Those brick barns were awesome. We could probably start a Kenny Rogers thread with as many of us that were in Athens while he and MaryAnne called it home. The President had less security than Kenny Rogers back then.

Those brick barns were cotton barns from well before KR bought that farm. The location is known as "Smithsonia" - the large old frame house by the barns was the plantation home. When I was in Athens the Smithsonia home, the plantation office/store and the overseers house were still standing - just across the road from the brick barns. It was said that old man Smith "wasn't greedy, he just wanted the land that was next to his".
    Go Dawgs!

Master Gunnery Sergeant ugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" stories thread

DecaturDawg's story ( I hope that you don't mind my adding it in here):

Cuz,

This probably qualifies as TMI, but I dated his ranch/horse manager for a while. Wanted me to leave school and go with him to Europe while they showed the Arabians on the circuit. Then wanted me to spend Christmas with him and not go home to my family, and asked if he could send the helicopter to pick me up on Christmas day. My hometown had probably never seen a helicopter in person! I politely declined, but got some GREAT Christmas presents! Fun story...
    Go Dawgs!

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

A fraternity brother of mine had a farm next door to Kenny's place. He got a job as manager of Kenny's farm animals, not horses. Kenny walks up to him and says, "There is nothing you can say or do to impress me." Randy looks at Kenny and says, "Well what the f***k am I doing here." He did not last long at that job.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    A fraternity brother of mine had a farm next door to Kenny's place. He got a job as manager of Kenny's farm animals, not horses. Kenny walks up to him and says, "There is nothing you can say or do to impress me." Randy looks at Kenny and says, "Well what the f***k am I doing here." He did not last long at that job.
    Wassamatta, Cuz? Are you afraid that someone might infer that one of your frat brothers is gay? C'mon, it's the 21st century... no one who really matters cares.
    Go Dawgs!

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

cool Re: Kenny Rogers "The Gambler" stories thread

Quote Originally Posted by ugabrad View Post
    Wassamatta, Cuz? Are you afraid that someone might infer that one of your frat brothers is gay? C'mon, it's the 21st century... no one who really matters cares.

Actually I was pointing out that he was a guy with a degree in Animal Science and was there for the cows. I forgot all about DD's thread.

I did have one of my best buddies in the frat decide he was Gay after he graduated and moved back to Atlanta. Tommy was a great guy, a good friend and he is probably what helped me get over my homophobia. Sadly, he died of Aids about five years back.

We had another guy at our frat that was very effeminate but always had girlfriends that seemed to be "real" girlfriends not fag hags. We were at the Little Arena, now gone, behind Stegeman one Homecoming Thursday building floats with the rest of the frats and sororitys. Some other frat members started picking on him and one of our big ole farm boys walked up and said, "He may be a fag, but he's our fag." And nailed the guy in front of him which started a brawl which we won pretty quick.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

Staff Sergeant BluegrassBelle has a great deal of respect on the forumsBluegrassBelle has a great deal of respect on the forumsBluegrassBelle has a great deal of respect on the forumsBluegrassBelle has a great deal of respect on the forumsBluegrassBelle has a great deal of respect on the forumsBluegrassBelle has a great deal of respect on the forumsBluegrassBelle has a great deal of respect on the forumsBluegrassBelle has a great deal of respect on the forumsBluegrassBelle has a great deal of respect on the forumsBluegrassBelle has a great deal of respect on the forumsBluegrassBelle has a great deal of respect on the forums BluegrassBelle's Avatar

I think my mother may have slept with Kenny Rogers. Not joking.

True Maroon OffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forums OffThePorch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassBelle View Post
    I think my mother may have slept with Kenny Rogers. Not joking.
    do you look like him?

+ Reply to Thread