+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transgender woman sues LPGA

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Transgender woman sues LPGA

http://www.ktvu.com/news/25380286/de...=cmg_cntnt_rss

There is a video in the link.

SAN FRANCISCO -- Lana Lawless, and Air Force veteran and former police officer who underwent a sex change operation five years ago, is challenging the LPGA's ban on transgender players.

She filed a federal lawsuit late Tuesday in San Francisco federal court claiming the LPGA's "female at birth" requirement for competitors violates a California civil rights law.

Lawless is seeking to prevent the LPGA from holding tournaments in the state until the organization changes its policy to admit transgender players. She is also seeking unspecified damages.

Lawless, 57, also sued three LPGA sponsors and the Long Drivers of America, which holds the annual women's long-drive golf championship. Lawless won the event in 2008 with a 254-yard drive but was barred from competing this year after organizers adopted the LPGA's gender rules.

"I am, in all respects, legally, and physically female," Lawless said in a statement Wednesday. "The state of California recognizes me as such and the LPGA should not be permitted to come into California and blatantly violate my rights. I just want to have the same opportunity to play professional golf as any other woman."

LPGA spokesman David Higdon declined to comment because the organization hasn't seen the lawsuit. A spokesman for the Long Drivers of America also declined to comment.

"How can they say it's not directed at me?" asked Lawless during an interview with KTVU. "I'm the only professional woman golfer in the U.S. that is a post-op trans woman."

Lawless said the LPGA is one of the few athletic organizations to bar transgender competitors. She noted that the International Olympic Committee has allowed transgender athletes since 2004 as long as the competitor underwent surgery and at least two years of hormone-replacement therapy.

"I could participate in female wrestling in international Olympic events," said Lawless.The LPGA's CVS/pharmacy Challenge tournament begins Thursday in Danville.

"Golf is a game of skill. It is not a game of power. They call it a finesse game," said Christopher Dolan, Lawless' attorney. "Transgender discrimination is at the forefront of civil rights. Transgender people have been pushed into the dark for too long."

Dolan cited the same state civil rights law when he represented a transgender woman who sued a Catholic hospital chain in 2008 for refusing to perform breast implant surgery. Catholic Healthcare West agreed to change its policy and paid Charlene Hastings $200,000 to settle the lawsuit.

"I've stood up for my rights and rights of others," said Lawless. "Now I'm going to stand up for my rights and rights of all trans women to be what we are: female."

While Lawless did not ask the courts to stop play in Danville where the LPGA was scheduled to tee off at the Blackhawk Country Club Thursday, she said wants to keep the LPGA from holding other tournaments in California without transgenders having a right to play.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Cap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forums

Re: Transgender woman sues LPGA

Who needs California anyway?! Stand your ground LPGA.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Fatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forums Fatboy's Avatar

Women from birth should should be against this. Lawless is full of crap when she says that driving doesn't take "power".

Sergeant WouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forums

My opinion: Some things you just can't change, like your gender. You can surgically remove and add parts, but he's still a man.

It'd be a shame if they allow professional women sports to get dominated with men that had their penis amputated.

Resident Paleocon deterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forumsdeterp has a great deal of respect on the forums deterp's Avatar

1) It's not "amputated"

2) You guys just don't understand
    "The people should have as little to do as may be about the government. They lack information and are constantly liable to be misled."

U.S. Rep Roger Sherman

Oilfield Trash RedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsRedNekTiger has a great deal of respect on the forums RedNekTiger's Avatar
    All of you can go to Hell, I am going to Texas.

I understand that he/she/it still has the muscle and skeletal structure of a man. That is a big advantage playing golf. Which is why they have ladies' tee boxes.
    Yes, THAT damn cool.

"I don't get it. If the educational system has been adjusted to cater to women, why are there still so many stupid ones?" - Wronghorns January 23, 2006

RedNekTiger - The Anti-Metrosexual - mngvol March 7, 2007

Speaking about the Holy Bible - "Yes I agree should not be taken literally." -swampmonster July 7, 2008

I love Cocks!!! - Rebel5AC March 18, 2010

When I wake up in the morning and I turn that film on, it's like reading a book and it's exciting. I don't read books, but if I read books it would be like reading a book. - Les Miles.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps HeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeyBulldog has a great deal of respect on the forums HeyBulldog's Avatar

Taking female hormones, as this person is certain to be doing, is going to limit the muscle mass (and strength) to a level consistant with being female. So I doubt that should be an issue here.

There's a legal precedent in favor of these transgender people as far as professional sports is concerned. Google Dr. Renee Richards. She/that person won the right to play professional tennis after taking the USTA to court.

And WouldE, they don't cut it off. Instead, they cut it lengthwise (like a banana in a banana split) and shove it inside the body to create a vagina out of it. At least that's what they said in a Discovery Health channel documentary I saw on this subject a while back. For some reason, they didn't show any footage of that part of the operation, though.

Sergeant WouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forumsWouldE has a great deal of respect on the forums

Look at it this way, was he talented enough to be a professional athlete as a man competing against other men? No.

Now that he has the advantage of being as strong as a man, with a banana split penis shoved inside his body, and is competing against women - NOW all of a sudden he is at the profesional athlete level. BS.

Picture John Daly getting the above described bannana split operation. Don't you think he's going to have a huge advantage against women? He's still going to be able to drive 300+ yards, his muscles aren't going to just disappear.

Master Gunnery Sergeant ugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forumsugabrad has a great deal of respect on the forums

The level of ignorance shown worldwide on this subject is appalling. The transgendered are probably the group most discriminated against of any. This isn't a choice that someone takes lightly because those following that road are more likely to end up unemployed and ostracized than any other.

I'm with HB here, the years of hormone therapy are likely to atrophy the male muscles to the point that they are not much different than those of any female. That is why the IOC specifies two years of Hormone Replacement Therapy for a transsexual woman to be allowed into the Olympics. This can be ameliorated by a major workout scheme, but that is the same as any other woman can do.

Personally I think that it is because the bull dyke womyn of the LPGA hate transsexuals...
    Go Dawgs!

Quote Originally Posted by ugabrad View Post
    they are not much different than those of any female.
    Not much different = different.

I disagree and would say they are very different, but even in your opinion, they are different.

My point is made.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast