+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Herchel's Blog

Master Gunnery Sergeant YR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forums YR_Tiger's Avatar

Re: Herchel's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Herchel View Post
    Rarely anything of consequence.
    Understatement of the year...LOL
    ( o Y o )-- F250

Politics is like pro-wrestling -- Rollin' Baby

Good, Fast, Cheap....Pick two -- my buddy...
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Master Gunnery Sergeant YR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forumsYR_Tiger has a great deal of respect on the forums YR_Tiger's Avatar

Another not so happy day. Last year my brother was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. We have been keeping this fact from our aged parents. Yesterday my niece spilled the beans. I gave them some BS about new wonder drugs, but I don't know if they bought it.
    My grandfather died with Parkinsons. It was hard to see such a strong capable man go down like that.
    ( o Y o )-- F250

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Yesterday was my church's visit to the Murphy Harpst Children's Home. Those who don't believe in evil should pay a visit to this place.
    These children have been horribly abused, almost beyond imagination. They have been beaten, scalded, starved, had limbs broken, etc.

Murphy Harpst doesn't just house them, they help them. They have a psychiatric staff, as well as an education staff. It usually takes 18-24 months to mend these children to the point they can enter foster care.

The children's greatest problem is that they don't trust adults (with good reason). So, several Methodist churches in the North Georgia Conference visit, have cookouts, play games, etc. The children look forward to this, and so do we.

It's difficult to get these children out of my mind. I am afraid they are the lucky ones. How many never get a chance to be treated by a Murphy Harpst ?
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

The fires of Hell are not hot enough for those that do evil to innocent children.

Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.
    NIV
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

Sergeant PowerT98 has a great deal of respect on the forumsPowerT98 has a great deal of respect on the forumsPowerT98 has a great deal of respect on the forumsPowerT98 has a great deal of respect on the forumsPowerT98 has a great deal of respect on the forumsPowerT98 has a great deal of respect on the forumsPowerT98 has a great deal of respect on the forumsPowerT98 has a great deal of respect on the forumsPowerT98 has a great deal of respect on the forumsPowerT98 has a great deal of respect on the forumsPowerT98 has a great deal of respect on the forums PowerT98's Avatar

Impressed with the original post, my father-in-law is such a man. From the greatest generation a jack of all trades can do kind of guy. He's solid nothing overly impresses him, nothing rattles him...he's well read and can talk intelligently about anything from conservative politics to farming, Such people are worth your time listening to them and your tears when they pass because you may not know it yet but you have truly lost something.
    Go Big Orange!

True Maroon OffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forums OffThePorch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    The fires of Hell are not hot enough for those that do evil to innocent children.

Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.
    NIV
    Amen brother!

good stuff Hechel.

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

My brother made it home safely from Korea on the 28th. I was a little worried about him this time.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

Yesterday was my church's visit to the Murphy Harpst Children's Home. Those who don't believe in evil should pay a visit to this place.
    These children have been horribly abused, almost beyond imagination. They have been beaten, scalded, starved, had limbs broken, etc.

Murphy Harpst doesn't just house them, they help them. They have a psychiatric staff, as well as an education staff. It usually takes 18-24 months to mend these children to the point they can enter foster care.

The children's greatest problem is that they don't trust adults (with good reason). So, several Methodist churches in the North Georgia Conference visit, have cookouts, play games, etc. The children look forward to this, and so do we.

It's difficult to get these children out of my mind. I am afraid they are the lucky ones. How many never get a chance to be treated by a Murphy Harpst ?
    This sounds similar to a project we're trying to bring to Leitchfield.

We're acquainted with members of the Board of the Appalachian Children's Home in Eastern Kentucky. Since the 1950's, they have held a Summer camp for about 600 kids. It has since expanded to house and school about 60 kids. We finished a "dorm" for 8 girls a few months ago and are working on another 32 units of independent living for kids to stay on their campus after they turn 18.

Due to the need, we're attempting to come up with the money to do a children's home here in Leitchfield. We are about 3 1/2 hours away from the one in Barbourville, KY. We're donating the land and it will be named in honor of my wife's Aunt that died last year.

Once you see these kids in person, it does something to you and makes you want to help.
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My brother made it home safely from Korea on the 28th. I was a little worried about him this time.
    Good deal.
    ( o Y o )-- F250

-Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by SkyAntoine View Post
    This sounds similar to a project we're trying to bring to Leitchfield.

We're acquainted with members of the Board of the Appalachian Children's Home in Eastern Kentucky. Since the 1950's, they have held a Summer camp for about 600 kids. It has since expanded to house and school about 60 kids. We finished a "dorm" for 8 girls a few months ago and are working on another 32 units of independent living for kids to stay on their campus after they turn 18.

Due to the need, we're attempting to come up with the money to do a children's home here in Leitchfield. We are about 3 1/2 hours away from the one in Barbourville, KY. We're donating the land and it will be named in honor of my wife's Aunt that died last year.

Once you see these kids in person, it does something to you and makes you want to help.
    The stories are unbelievable. I could go on about them, but..Rather a millstone be tied around his neck..........
    Deo Vindice

Peggy Noonan

Franz Kafka

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast