+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Herchel's Blog

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Herchel's Blog

I'm not a blogger, so this may be my only entry.

I have attended two funerals this week, one on Monday and one today. I had tears running down my cheeks at both. Both were members of my church, so I didn't have to drive but about 3 miles each time.

The first was a great man. He was a tall, elegant man who was truly gifted. He was the epitome of a Southern gentleman ( most of you probably don't know what that means ). He was a big shot without ever acting like one. You never learned of his accomplishments from him. He was a true renaissance man, sailor, pilot, humorist, successful businessman. A lifelong Pub, he was appointed to important commissions by three Dem governors. He was the framer of Georgia's constitution.

Today, I attended the funeral of a greater man, who was a member of my Sunday school class. His was a life of giving. I don't type well enough to list all that he did, but he was magnificent.

On a brighter note, I took my two year old grandaughter for a ride in the golf cart a few minutes ago. When we got to the other end of the driveway, a fawn ran up to about five yards from us and just stopped and watched us for the longest time. My grandaughter was thrilled.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

God...Family...UK SkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forumsSkyAntoine has a great deal of respect on the forums SkyAntoine's Avatar

Re: Herchel's Blog

This should be a pay-per-view blog. I'm good for $10 a month to see what goes through Herchel's head.
    "They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone"...." - Al McGuire on Kentucky Basketball Tradition
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

to see what goes through Herchel's head.
    Rarely anything of consequence.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

Major Just Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forumsJust Some Hog Dude has a great deal of respect on the forums Just Some Hog Dude's Avatar

Good start anyway.

True Maroon OffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forumsOffThePorch has a great deal of respect on the forums OffThePorch's Avatar

Herchel.. i know exactly the type man you're speaking of... without knowing you too well i suspect you are one..
    seems a lot of my parents age are dying off at our Church .. my Dad died in 03 & i bet ive gone to 15 funerals since then.. mostly really good people.. very patriotic.. savers.. hard workers.. givers..
    i could never live up to my dad... but i try as no way would i ever want to tarnish the name.

you are wise herchel.. write whenever you can.. but never during grandkid time..

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

Now this is a blog. I would be jealous if I was a jealous person. I am impressed because I am an impressionable person. This is awesome.

And I mean it.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Cuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forumsCuz has a great deal of respect on the forums Cuz's Avatar

If you need a manager to sell this to the syndicates, I am looking for a career change. Looks like a gravy train to me.

Herchel, in all seriousness. Some of us tune in here just to see what you will say about pollen falling on an automobile. You have a gift and are gifted with living a full life and knowing and being a part of others lives who get as much out of their contact with you as you do with them.

Run on sentence. See, you are much better than me.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.
    Winston Churchill
    Cuz =/= thug.
    Brummett_for_UK
    All that we see or seem
    Is but a dream within a dream.

Another not so happy day. Last year my brother was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease. We have been keeping this fact from our aged parents. Yesterday my niece spilled the beans. I gave them some BS about new wonder drugs, but I don't know if they bought it.
    Deo Vindice

Peggy Noonan

Franz Kafka

I entered the information age today. I purchased a Garmin 765 GPS. I have an appointment tomorrow at 1360 Peachtree Street. Garmin does not recognize Peachtree Street. It offers Peachtree Way, Peachtree Battle Ave, and about 10 others, but not Peachtree Street.

This event has shaken my belief in modern technology.
    Deo Vindice

Peggy Noonan

Franz Kafka

Master Gunnery Sergeant Fatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forumsFatboy has a great deal of respect on the forums Fatboy's Avatar

You'll probably have to pay to upgrade the maps. BTW, there are way too many "Peachtree" roads in the Atlanta metro area.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast