+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: I Think I Am More Excited Now, Than I Was This Time Last Year...Ole Miss Notes

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Nkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forums Nkemdiche4Heisman5's Avatar

Ole Miss I Think I Am More Excited Now, Than I Was This Time Last Year...Ole Miss Notes

I think this is going to be a funnnnnnnnn year. I think we are going to be middle of the pack, but I think we are going to make a name for ourselves.

QB battle is going on and I'll predict that Cotton will be starting come Week 1.

Here are some quotes from Cotton...and I must say that the kid has some confidence and that's EXACTLY what we need behind center(plus someone who can run a little bit...haha he is soon to find out why):

Stanley said recently that he felt his extra year at the college level gave him a slight advantage going into spring drills, which begin March 27. Cotton, a former four-star recruit from Meade, Md., didn't disagree, though he said he didn't believe there was "too much of a gap."
    Cotton, who carries 228 pounds on his 6-foot-5 frame, recently set a school-record for quarterbacks with a 365-pound bench. Two weeks ago, he threw a football 79 yards. However, Cotton is most excited about the improvement he's made in accuracy.
    "My accuracy has improved since I've been here," Cotton said, citing refined footwork as the primary contributor to the improvement. "When I first got here, I could throw the ball hard and I'd hit somebody, but I wouldn't place it in a certain spot. Now, I can place it on right shoulder, left shoulder, nose, anywhere. So that's helped me out.
    "We both have our different abilities and we both use them to compete against each other," Cotton said. "We go back and forth, competition-wise, and we always boost each other up. There's no downing each other. We help each other out. We compete. Who throws the hardest, the furthest, the most accurate? Especially in the weight room, me and him are real competitive. I end up getting the upper hand, though."

Cotton said the last sentence with a soft laugh. If he's nervous about his chance to win a starting job in the Southeastern Conference, it doesn't show.

"I like competition," Cotton said. "It depends on Coach Rader and Coach Nutt and what they feel like is best. Whatever they think is best, I'm cool with that."
    The RB battle will also be one to watch. Scott and Bolden are the obvious two fighting for starter status right now, but watch for Enrique Davis to have a biggggggggg year.

WR - They'll just suck even worse, unless Grandy plays every down as a WR.

OL - Will be hard to replace Geralds and Jerry, especially Geralds. Looks like a freshman will be starting at center.

DL - Better watch out for dem landsharks. They're just gonna be stronger, faster, and flat out better than last year.

LB - Walker and Cornell are the two for sure starters, leaving LOLB open, which brings Kight and Jason Jones to mind.

DB - Will be a completely new, young backfield, with respect to Johnny Brown, who will be All-SEC this year. I don't think we will lose any swagger back there. The young guys can play.

I'm guaranteeing 5-0 going into Bama. I'm also guaranteeing an 8 win season.
    FREEZE: 1
    MULLEN:
    MISSISSIPPI STATE...THE ONLY SEC SCHOOL WITH ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN ANY SPORT
    Quote Originally Posted by OffThePorch View Post
    AC on the other hand makes me laugh, sometimes cry. he's come on the board like Katrina.
    Quote Originally Posted by scgamecock312 View Post
    I'm not here to please anyone sir. I don't suck up to mods like you do.

Master Sergeant BigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forums BigBamaFan's Avatar

Re: I Think I Am More Excited Now, Than I Was This Time Last Year...Ole Miss Notes

Ole Miss is mystery and Nutt just adds to it,these are the kind of years he made a living on at Arkansas.On paper Ole Miss should be picked at best 5th in the West but more than likely 6th in the West.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Nkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forumsNkemdiche4Heisman5 has a great deal of respect on the forums Nkemdiche4Heisman5's Avatar

Re: I Think I Am More Excited Now, Than I Was This Time Last Year...Ole Miss Notes

No way, not with our defense...
    MULLEN:
    MISSISSIPPI STATE...THE ONLY SEC SCHOOL WITH ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN ANY SPORT
    AC on the other hand makes me laugh, sometimes cry. he's come on the board like Katrina.

Administrator Storm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forumsStorm has a great deal of respect on the forums Storm's Avatar

can we just move this to the trash talk forum now?......LMAO

MFR Bubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forums Bubba's Avatar

om is a mystery. It'll be interesting to see what happens coming off back to back cotton bowls. I just don't see the one dimensional offense getting very far and defintely not winning any shootouts. Can't wait to see more hdn qb killin'
    ALL HAIL BRET BIELEMA AND GLORIOUS ARKANSAS!!!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    ~George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

om is a mystery. It'll be interesting to see what happens coming off back to back cotton bowls. I just don't see the one dimensional offense getting very far and defintely not winning any shootouts. Can't wait to see more hdn qb killin'
    That's the thing...our offense will be multi-dimensional. We will have the QB that can throw like JaMarcus, but can run. We will have 3 good RB's. We will have average WR's but Grandy will add some major confusion with his speed. Plus, we will have Mackey running the Wild Rebel and it will finally be effective since he can throw the ball so well and is super fast. I can't wait to see our offense. If we can stick to the game plan of keeping the defense guessing and not give up on it the first time we get stopped at the line, we have a chance to have a pretty good offense.
    MULLEN:

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Cap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forumsCap'n has a great deal of respect on the forums

5-0 going into Bama. How long have you been an Ole Miss fan again? You should know better. There's no way in hell that'll happen no matter how easy our schedule appears. It's Ole Miss. They'll find a way to screw it all up.

A loss to Fresno State looks doable.

Sergeant Hump4Hoops has a great deal of respect on the forumsHump4Hoops has a great deal of respect on the forumsHump4Hoops has a great deal of respect on the forumsHump4Hoops has a great deal of respect on the forumsHump4Hoops has a great deal of respect on the forumsHump4Hoops has a great deal of respect on the forumsHump4Hoops has a great deal of respect on the forumsHump4Hoops has a great deal of respect on the forumsHump4Hoops has a great deal of respect on the forumsHump4Hoops has a great deal of respect on the forumsHump4Hoops has a great deal of respect on the forums Hump4Hoops's Avatar

Well, there's no way Ole Miss doesn't have the easiest schedule in the SEC in 2010. 6 automatic wins, and only 2 automatic losses (Bama,LSU)

@Ark, @UT, Aub, and MSU games just determine which bowl game.

Sergeant gmecockrugby has a great deal of respect on the forumsgmecockrugby has a great deal of respect on the forumsgmecockrugby has a great deal of respect on the forumsgmecockrugby has a great deal of respect on the forumsgmecockrugby has a great deal of respect on the forumsgmecockrugby has a great deal of respect on the forumsgmecockrugby has a great deal of respect on the forumsgmecockrugby has a great deal of respect on the forumsgmecockrugby has a great deal of respect on the forumsgmecockrugby has a great deal of respect on the forumsgmecockrugby has a great deal of respect on the forums

You're lucky you dont have to play us

MFR Bubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forumsBubba has a great deal of respect on the forums Bubba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REBEL5 AC View Post
    That's the thing...our offense will be multi-dimensional. We will have the QB that can throw like JaMarcus, but can run. We will have 3 good RB's. We will have average WR's but Grandy will add some major confusion with his speed. Plus, we will have Mackey running the Wild Rebel and it will finally be effective since he can throw the ball so well and is super fast. I can't wait to see our offense. If we can stick to the game plan of keeping the defense guessing and not give up on it the first time we get stopped at the line, we have a chance to have a pretty good offense.
    all due respect reb, i dont see how your gonna be multi dimensional. maybe multi delusional.

yall had Snead, who was a highly touted passing QB. until Nutt got ahold of him. it doesnt matter if Peyton Manning was back there. Nutt is not a QB developer. good thing Cotton can run, bc he'll be doing alot of that. dont ever ever ever think youll see a fluent passing attack under nutt. its not gonna happen. you wont catch me knockin OMs run game. bc if nutt cant do anything, he can ground and pound. just a little too predictable at times. maybe you should go watch some old Hog game re runs when we had Matt Jones. he ran quite a bit. Nutts passing game is hitches and FBs in the flats. hes not one to call a vertical passing game.
    ALL HAIL BRET BIELEMA AND GLORIOUS ARKANSAS!!!

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
    ~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
    ~George Washington

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast