+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bama recruiting UGA hard...UGA not taking it lightly

Sergeant KennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forums KennyPowersUGA's Avatar

Bama recruiting UGA hard...UGA not taking it lightly

Ten at 10 LINK

It’s quite apparent that Alabama under coach Nick Saban has established Georgia as its primary recruiting territory outside state borders, which is pointed out in a story this morning at TideSports.com. Andrew Bone reports that the Crimson Tide has offered 15 Peach Staters to this point and, according to him at least, leads for pretty much every one. Of course, the Georgia recruits Bone lists are pretty much a who’s who for best in the state for 2011. The Tide already has a commitment from Cook LB Shannon Brown. The other prospects are: RB Isaiah Crowell and DL Gabe Wright of Carver-Columbus; DE Xzavier Dickson of Griffin; CB Damian Swann of Grady; TE Jay Rome and DB Malcom Mitchell of Valdosta; DL Ray Drew of Thomas County Central; QB C.J. Uzomah of North Gwinnett; LB A.J. Johnson of Gainesville; DE Sterling Bailey of East Hall; RB Quan Bray of Hogansville; and WR Christian Conley of North Paulding.
    Of course, the Tide is going to go head-to-head with Georgia on pretty much every one of these prospects. And Bone lists Crowell and Wright, two of UGA’s main targets for 2011, as pretty much done deals for Bama. But don’t expect the Bulldogs to just roll over and play dead because the defending national champions are in on these guys. UGA has identified the Crimson Tide as public enemy number one in the state and is fighting tooth-and-nail to keep these guys at home. Judging from Wright’s comments to Scout.com earlier this week his future in Tuscaloosa is far from a certainty. “Mark Richt came down and talked with me and we had a nice little conversation about some stuff,” said Wright, who attended UGA’s junior day in Athens on Saturday. “The one thing I remember very well is when he talked to me about me and Isaiah committing to them. He told me if we committed early that I would not believe how many other guys would come with us. He talked about how big that would be to keep the best players in Georgia. I told him he is right because I would really recruit hard if I committed early.” Can you be a strong lean to one school while you’re talking early commitment to another?
    So far Georgia, which held its second junior day of 2010 this past weekend in Athens, has a relatively modest four commitments (OL David Andrews, Wesleyan; LB Amarlo Herrera, North Clayton; DB Corey Moore, Griffin; DB Chris Sanders, Tucker). But the Bulldogs have been firing off offers like t-shirts out of an air cannon. That makes sense since the expectation is that they’ll be in the market for the NCAA max of 25 players this time around. Best as I can tell, the latest tenders have gone out for: RB Demetrius Hart, Orlando; CB Jonathan Rose, Leeds, Ala; LB Lawrence Thomas, Detroit; LB Lateek Townsend, Bennettsville, S.C.; CB Nick Waisome, Groveland, Fla.; and 2012 prospect Dakota Ball of Pepperell.

What say you?

Master Gunnery Sergeant Heck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forumsHeck Pup has a great deal of respect on the forums Heck Pup's Avatar

Re: Bama recruiting UGA hard...UGA not taking it lightly

Quote Originally Posted by KennyPowersUGA View Post

What say you?
    I say good. F*** Alabama.

Sergeant KennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forumsKennyPowersUGA has a great deal of respect on the forums KennyPowersUGA's Avatar

Hopefully CMR is playing to win this recruiting season.

Agreed on the **** Bama part.

Master Sergeant BigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forums BigBamaFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KennyPowersUGA View Post
    Ten at 10 LINK

What say you?
    I think Alabama will have some success this season in Georgia.Its my opinion the local fish wrappers and sports reporters are throwing out anything to put a positive spin on some of the Georgia recruits and UGA.I have said for awhile I think Bama is in great position for atleast 4 of the above recruits and in good position for a few others.It also seems Bama is in the head of the Georgia staff.

General georgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forumsgeorgiaguy31015 has a great deal of respect on the forums georgiaguy31015's Avatar

Look at those offers Georgia has tendered. Only one of those players is from Georgia and that kid is a junior. So if Georgia's not taking it lightly then offer kids in state. Better yet don't just offer them get them. There's enough talent in Georgia to win and win big with and if you can't get the best players from your state then my theory is you have a major major problem on your hands.
    YOU MESS WITH THE BULL YOU GET THE HORNS!

Master Sergeant BigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forumsBigBamaFan has a great deal of respect on the forums BigBamaFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaguy31015 View Post
    Look at those offers Georgia has tendered. Only one of those players is from Georgia and that kid is a junior. So if Georgia's not taking it lightly then offer kids in state. Better yet don't just offer them get them. There's enough talent in Georgia to win and win big with and if you can't get the best players from your state then my theory is you have a major major problem on your hands.
    yeah but those are some big names and I'm not sure why they werent offered long before now.For example Thomas out of Michigan has held an offer from Bama for a long time now which is why Bama is one of his favorites.Thomas is as a big a defensive target for Bama as is Crowell is for the offensive side for Bama.

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Optik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forumsOptik has a great deal of respect on the forums Optik's Avatar

I'll just leave this update on Gabe Wright here:
    “Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, and Florida State are my top four now in no order. All of those four schools are even and I am interested in USC, Oklahoma State, and some other schools too, but those are my top four right now.” “I just had a good time with the coaches there at Georgia. I really like all the new defensive coaches at Georgia and I am still good with Coach Garner. I messed with him about him eating a grapefruit for breakfast because he is on a diet right now. I had a good time around the coaches, players, and it couldn’t have been much better.”

It looks like schools across the country will be fighting it out for a while for this four-star junior. There were a few Carver prospects that committed early in the 2010 class, but the year before Jarvis Jones waited until Signing Day to announce his decision to sign with Southern Cal.

It is uncertain if Wright will wait that long or not, but it appears he will commit closer to that date than Labor Day.

“I doubt I am going to commit before the season because I am really mixed up right now. I like Alabama, I really like Georgia, and I am just open right now because I think Auburn is on the up and up too. I am glad I have another full year to make this decision. I feel like there is no rush, so I am just going to take my time and do it late in the process.”

“I will probably narrow it down to four or five before the Under Armour All-America game and then decide at that game or after that.”
    Yeah, boy, that sure sounds like a done deal for Bama. Bone doesn't know where these kids will end up any better than the rest of us. They don't even know yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Optikslobb View Post
    I'll just leave this update on Gabe Wright here:

Yeah, boy, that sure sounds like a done deal for Bama. Bone doesn't know where these kids will end up any better than the rest of us. They don't even know yet.
    Bone is usually pretty in touch with these guys however like any of us he doesnt get them right all the time.But to think he doesnt have a better insight or information than the rest of us is crazy.And before I get flamed on I'm not saying any of these guys are 100% Bama's but MY opinion is if Wright had to commit today it would be Bama.same goes for Crowell

Sergeant Major of SEC Fanatics Corps Dr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forumsDr.SwineSmeller has a great deal of respect on the forums Dr.SwineSmeller's Avatar

Georgia Anyone got some matches?...

Surprise! Bet you didn't figure on finding me here?

It should be becoming obvious to even homer UGA fans that Saint Coach Uncle does not have the fire needed to retain control of reeling in his homies.

Psychologically, Saint Coach is viewed by recruits as old news that can't get it done, especially so after being loaded with Stafford's group and falling out of the national title hunt with that group. Can we say "Lack of Enthusiasm"?

Seriously ya'll, put yourself in a recruit's shoes here... I'm a Georgia kid and Florida or Bama is courting me, and I know Florida has beaten Georgia 17 out of the last 20 years, and Saint Coach himself can only beat the Gators about 1 out of every 5 years, (and about to be even more dismal than that). I'm realistically thinking that I may never beat Florida as a UGA player, but as a Bama player I can beat Georgia, and if I sign with Florida I probably win against Georgia every year I'm at Florida. What would you do?...Yep, I'd go to Bama or Florida, and hardly think twice about it.

A new high profile coach is what it will take at UGA to rekindle the in-state fire, and pride in attending UGA for the youngsters. Until a coaching change comes, nothing else about the downward UGA home state recruiting trend is going to change. It will only continue to decline, just as it has been.

Many times, new blood is a necessity to get your states' top athletes to start paying attention to your states' flagship program once again. The bridges that Saint Coach burnt with the Georgia high school coaches can nare be repaired. It's too late.

Turn a blind eye to the facts if you please Georgia fan,...and that is exactly what you are doing.

Dr. SwineSmeller

Administrator Herchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forumsHerchel has a great deal of respect on the forums Herchel's Avatar

Re: Anyone got some matches?...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller View Post
    Surprise! Bet you didn't figure on finding me here?

It should be becoming obvious to even homer UGA fans that Saint Coach Uncle does not have the fire needed to retain control of reeling in his homies.

Psychologically, Saint Coach is viewed by recruits as old news that can't get it done, especially so after being loaded with Stafford's group and falling out of the national title hunt with that group. Can we say "Lack of Enthusiasm"?

Seriously ya'll, put yourself in a recruit's shoes here... I'm a Georgia kid and Florida or Bama is courting me, and I know Florida has beaten Georgia 17 out of the last 20 years, and Saint Coach himself can only beat the Gators about 1 out of every 5 years, (and about to be even more dismal than that). I'm realistically thinking that I may never beat Florida as a UGA player, but as a Bama player I can beat Georgia, and if I sign with Florida I probably win against Georgia every year I'm at Florida. What would you do?...Yep, I'd go to Bama or Florida, and hardly think twice about it.

A new high profile coach is what it will take at UGA to rekindle the in-state fire, and pride in attending UGA for the youngsters. Until a coaching change comes, nothing else about the downward UGA home state recruiting trend is going to change. It will only continue to decline, just as it has been.

Many times, new blood is a necessity to get your states' top athletes to start paying attention to your states' flagship program once again. The bridges that Saint Coach burnt with the Georgia high school coaches can nare be repaired. It's too late.

Turn a blind eye to the facts if you please Georgia fan,...and that is exactly what you are doing.

Dr. SwineSmeller
    Why don't you do a little research and tell us every SEC team's record against UF for the past 20 years?

Maybe GMan has that info.
    Last edited by Herchel; 03-03-2010 at 07:29 AM.
    Deo Vindice

"Put a federal agency in charge of the Sahara Desert and it will run out of sand".

Peggy Noonan

"One idiot is an idiot. Two idiots are two idiots. Ten thousand idiots are a political party."

Franz Kafka

“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” — W.C. Fields

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast